E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > ***Official 757 Thread*** (#2)

09-10-2013, 03:33 PM   #1255
Metro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecophilly
I'll be at Cars and Coffee tomorrow morning if anyone is interested in meeting up and checking out my new ride!
I was there, also with my new Beast (08 ///M5). Wish I had seen your post before I went up there.
      09-10-2013, 03:34 PM   #1256
Metro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Anyone doing some basic coding in Va Beach area? Just want to get the windows up/mirror fold coded in to the new ride.
      09-10-2013, 07:35 PM   #1257
Ubersmooth
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro
Anyone doing some basic coding in Va Beach area? Just want to get the windows up/mirror fold coded in to the new ride.
^ also interested in that, but in NoVa.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 07:22 PM   #1258
Bruc3 L33roy
Team Outcast [East Coast Chapt.] || OutCast Garage
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumad View Post
Sgm coupe at onelife the other day. Had an avant garde lic plate frame and what I'm assuming are the wheels.
that would be me
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 12:57 PM   #1259
pecophilly
Well officer, what had happened was...
Rep
Drives: Grocery Getter

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fokaihao10 View Post
Sorry I don't have pics to go with but...
Materials used:
paper bags/ newspaper, masking tape, plastic bags, soap/water, wire brush, sponge, towel, heat gun/blow dryer, hi temp paint, hi temp clear,
I just did one at a time without taking the caliper off. Turn the wheel left or right to expose the caliper as much as possible.
1. Use a wire brush and sponge with soap and water and clean the caliper as best as you can. I used a clean rag to dry the caliper so I could tell if I left any dust. I used a heat gun to ensure that the caliper was completely dry.
2. Mask the fenders using paper bags and newspaper. I used large plastic bags cut open to mask under the wheel well. I also used plastic bags to mask my rotor.
3. Then use the blue masking tape to mask the brake nipples and any covers you don't want painted.
4. I used hi temp engine paint and started with a light coat and continued to apply even coats to cover the caliper. 4-5 coats let dry.
5. I had BMW stickers that i applied after the paint was dry.
6. Use the hi temp clear coat to bring out the shine and make it easier to clean. 4-5 coats. let dry

I started early in the morning on a nice day and ended early evening. Prep is the most important part. Good luck.

wash the car when you're done to get any over spray off.
Thanks for the info man! I'm pretty sure you live in my condo community!
I gotta come check this out, I'm definitely interested in doing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro View Post
I was there, also with my new Beast (08 ///M5). Wish I had seen your post before I went up there.
Yea I never made it. Realized C&C was changed to 7-9am now. So I slept instead haha.
      09-17-2013, 10:19 AM   #1260
Metro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecophilly
Quote:
Materials used:
paper bags/ newspaper, masking tape, plastic bags, soap/water, wire brush, sponge, towel, heat gun/blow dryer, hi temp paint, hi temp clear,
I just did one at a time without taking the caliper off. Turn the wheel left or right to expose the caliper as much as possible.
1. Use a wire brush and sponge with soap and water and clean the caliper as best as you can. I used a clean rag to dry the caliper so I could tell if I left any dust. I used a heat gun to ensure that the caliper was completely dry.
2. Mask the fenders using paper bags and newspaper. I used large plastic bags cut open to mask under the wheel well. I also used plastic bags to mask my rotor.
3. Then use the blue masking tape to mask the brake nipples and any covers you don't want painted.
4. I used hi temp engine paint and started with a light coat and continued to apply even coats to cover the caliper. 4-5 coats let dry.
6. Use the hi temp clear coat to bring out the shine and make it easier to clean. 4-5 coats. let dry

I started early in the morning on a nice day and ended early evening. Prep is the most important part. Good luck.

Thanks for the info man! I'm pretty sure you live in my condo community!
I gotta come check this out, I'm definitely interested in doing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro View Post
Yea I never made it. Realized C&C was changed to 7-9am now. So I slept instead haha.
It may have started earlier, but I got there about 7:30 and got a good spot, and there were plenty of cars still there after 9:00.
      09-17-2013, 11:26 AM   #1261
shoepac11
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecophilly View Post
Looks good man! Got any straight on pictures? What did you use?
Thanks man.. I used the duplicolor kit from Pep Boys. (not the spray) Comes with a can of brake cleaner and the paint. I recommend not using the brush that comes with the kit. It's very small and cheap. The paint is SUPER thick and starts drying right away so it leaves heavy brush strokes in the paint. I used a cheap 1" synthetic brush from Wally World. Fast, heavy coats seems to work well. Ill post a straight on pic in a few.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 11:35 AM   #1262
shoepac11
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Materials used:

That's why I opted to go with the brush on stuff. And the stuff I used has a really shiny finish without clear. No doubt you can get a much more "flawless" look from the spray though..

-- I recently Plasti-dipped my chrome, not sure if you're interested in doing that, but Damn does it make a difference!! I'd be happy to walk you through it or give you a hand. It's really easy. -- Justin
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #1263
shoepac11
Enlisted Member
Rep

Sorry for being such a noob but where is C & C at and what days?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 02:54 PM   #1264
pecophilly
Well officer, what had happened was...
Rep
Drives: Grocery Getter

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoepac11 View Post
Sorry for being such a noob but where is C & C at and what days?
1st Saturday of every month at the La Promenade Shopping Center off Laskin Road. 7-9am. Just Google map "Aldo's Ristorante" and that's the parking lot.

I believe there's another C&C on the Hampton side but I'm not sure when/where.
      09-17-2013, 04:13 PM   #1265
dstrick
0-60 Quickly
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pecophilly View Post
1st Saturday of every month at the La Promenade Shopping Center off Laskin Road. 7-9am. Just Google map "Aldo's Ristorante" and that's the parking lot.

I believe there's another C&C on the Hampton side but I'm not sure when/where.
And Williamsburg and Newport News
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #1266
Bruc3 L33roy
Team Outcast [East Coast Chapt.] || OutCast Garage
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Need help fellas..need to replace one of the hoses connected with the Coolant system. Came home to find it spraying and leaking coolant out because the hose was split on both ends..not even sure how this happened!?? Posted pics in the following post..please help so I can get my car running again!!

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=890403
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 01:03 AM   #1267
shoepac11
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks for the info. Marking the calender. Lookin forward to meeting some of you guys.

BTW: wondering if anyone local is looking for a stock N54 Luk clutch. Looks like it has quite a bit of meat on it. No problems, my DMF crapped the bed, so I replaced it with a spec SMF and stage 2+. Let me know if you're interested and hopefully we can work something out.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 08:00 AM   #1268
nkkenme
Private
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2011 335i Sedan

Anybody that can code the whole window up and sunroof close thing along with the Alpina tranny flash. I have beer and whatever one would need or want to do this.

Also I have an N55 Procede v5rev2.5 for sale its a harness A. Selling for $250. It is Vin Locked but Vishnu unlocks them for free if you ship them in. If anyone wants it or knows anyone please put the word out there I have it listed in the for sale threads too.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 03:36 PM   #1269
PascalsWager
Cognitive
Rep
Drives: '06 330i TiAg

There needs to be an OBX cars and coffee dammit

I'm not driving to VB at 6:30 AM from Kitty Hawk, but would love to meet the local BMW Crew.

Just picked up a new DD - '06 330i. She is LINEAR!

See you boys if you get down my way!

-Pete
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 08:05 AM   #1270
terbow2
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi

Anyone in the Virginia Beach or surrounding area able/willing to do a spring install on an xi?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 08:57 AM   #1271
emackin
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by PascalsWager View Post
There needs to be an OBX cars and coffee dammit

I'm not driving to VB at 6:30 AM from Kitty Hawk, but would love to meet the local BMW Crew.

Just picked up a new DD - '06 330i. She is LINEAR!

See you boys if you get down my way!

-Pete
I live in Currituck (part time) i drive grey 335i e90
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 08:47 AM   #1272
PascalsWager
Cognitive
Rep
Drives: '06 330i TiAg

Quote:
Originally Posted by emackin View Post
I live in Currituck (part time) i drive grey 335i e90
I work for Currituck County! TiAg 330i
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 11:37 AM   #1273
BoostNinja
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335is

If anyone has a cobb access port that they want to get rid of or would at the very least let me try for a few hours please pm me. I need to try the bms back end flash to see if it resolves an issue I'm having.

I'll pay 475 and set you up with a flash by the other method if you want (if its avaliable for your dme type).

If you want to let me use it "for diagnostic purposes" for a couple hours I'll give you 40$
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 01:24 AM   #1274
muzzammil15
Slurpee anyone?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 White 335i

Fellas need a little help. Recently my battery died and after getting that fixed. You know in e92 when you open your door the window goes down a bit and after closing it, it goes back up. While that does not happen. The window does go up and down by the switch. Another thing is it will go down all the by one push, but it will not go back up with 1 push. What do you think it could be? Did something short out when the battery was low.

When I tried to start the car, lights were flashing and car would not start but it was stumbling a lot. I hope nothing got messed up. It drives perfect.

Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 08:00 AM   #1275
Fokaihao10
Comin' through...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07' E90 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzammil15 View Post
Fellas need a little help. Recently my battery died and after getting that fixed. You know in e92 when you open your door the window goes down a bit and after closing it, it goes back up. While that does not happen. The window does go up and down by the switch. Another thing is it will go down all the by one push, but it will not go back up with 1 push. What do you think it could be? Did something short out when the battery was low.

When I tried to start the car, lights were flashing and car would not start but it was stumbling a lot. I hope nothing got messed up. It drives perfect.
Not sure if this helps but, the windows have sensors that stop the windows from going up if something is in the way. I have to slowly bring one of mine up before i can use the one touch. Maybe those got thrown out of wack?
      09-30-2013, 01:26 PM   #1276
muzzammil15
Slurpee anyone?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 White 335i

Fixed it, thanks.

Appreciate 0