E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > If You Need an OBD Diagnostic Cable...

04-24-2018, 02:12 PM   #23
atmosphericM
Basic Bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 328i 6MT ///M

Garage List
Promo code didn't work.

And now I'm noticing that the OP is from last year.. but apparently the code worked for Paul95 the other day?.. oh well. :/ I'm not quite ready to tackle all of my coding yet anyway, but figured I'd go ahead and grab the cable if there was a discount. Guess I'll just wait a bit.
      04-24-2018, 02:24 PM   #24
BravoJohny33
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassmaschine View Post
You are right. But it still won't have the updated firmware on it.
Where can I get the latest firmware. I searched everywhere.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 02:25 PM   #25
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosphericM View Post
Promo code didn't work.

And now I'm noticing that the OP is from last year.. but apparently the code worked for Paul95 the other day?.. oh well. :/ I'm not quite ready to tackle all of my coding yet anyway, but figured I'd go ahead and grab the cable if there was a discount. Guess I'll just wait a bit.
PM him and see if he can work something out for u
Appreciate 1
      04-24-2018, 02:45 PM   #26
hassmaschine
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: "NBO" 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoJohny33 View Post
Where can I get the latest firmware. I searched everywhere.
unless you have a burner you can't update it anyway.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 04:01 PM   #27
boneheaddoctor
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoJohny33 View Post
Uhhuh.. well bg cables are made in china like the rest of them. It is really just a question of what Chinese manufacture bg is buying them from. Nothing stops anyone from buying from the same Chinese manufacture that bg buys from.
You are assuming that one factory makes them all, odds are it isn't. But some fly by night outfit contracted to make x number of cables like (provide example). I forget what show it was and where I saw it. But it had to do with Chinese bootleggers (counterfeiters) that will make anything you want. Medicines to clothing to electronics. I've also known others that tried to have things made to spec like that. If you don't keep on them all the time they will cut every corner they can to maximize their profit AFTER the deal is struck. To the point you no longer have what you contracted. It does go everything from what Apple produces there, to the worst garbage that isn't even safe or legal here.

Is it possible its from the same factory? Yes, but its possible its not a sure thing (if it is its the ones that failed what passed as a Quality control check ) basically grading them...best go to bulk buyers, the dregs they pawn off on ebay to make what they can. Quality control is not something that is paramount with most of them. Ever see irregular clothing items in Outlets etc, Same deal.

If I'm not mistaken. Bimmergeeks still has to test every one to make sure it does whats promised. meaning they eat the cost of many that don't, as well as the time to do that, or pass it along to the buyers of the higher quality ones they do sell. On ebay, its pray it does what they claim. There are deals, but you do usually get what you pay for. Unbelievably low prices are usually that way for a good reason. But there are also people that sell crap thats overpriced too.

The problem with the Ebay feedback, is once its there, its there....you can't revise it after you leave it. Something works the first time...you leave a positive...go back to do it again and it won't work for whatever reason...BINGO...the curse of Ebay. Past 90 days...screwed. Already left a positive feedback..can't change it...so it never reflects it.

I've done a LOT of business on Ebay the last 15 years...only got screwed a couple times. 2 actually,(both outright fraud) and a couple more I didn't get what I expected was because I didn't read the description well enough before i bought it. But that was on me.
1979 Mercedes 300SD Turbo Diesel
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2018, 02:16 PM   #28
Dakine Mike
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335i

I had seen this post the other day, and the code didnt work, but it still didnt dissuade me from ordering a D+KCAN from BG!
Appreciate 1
3002 tii2279.50
      03-18-2019, 04:45 AM   #29
leeks
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i LCi

rather late update, but found a code for a 10%? discount if anyone is getting the bimmergeeks cable. Code is 'MHD' (without the quotes obviously).

You're welcome
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 04:56 PM   #30
BravoJohny33
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassmaschine View Post
unless you have a burner you can't update it anyway.
I have an Arduino uno r3
Appreciate 0