E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > N51 328i Missfire HELP

04-17-2021, 07:23 PM   #1
phineasxx1
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 528i

N51 328i Missfire HELP

Hey guy i got a 2011 bmw 328i n51 i keep getting missfire at cylinder #3 today 4/17/21 i just change brand new spark plug and coil pack x6 each NGK 6619 Iridium Spark Plugs and Delphi GN10571 Pencil Ignition Coil after install it i turn the car on exhaust sound way better then before but still idling rought a tiny bit feel like it choking abit idk how to explain it and i still get missfire code for cylinder 3# and last week on the 4/10/21 i bring the car in to bmw dealer ship after the 198$ diagnostic they say is the spark and coil i have aftermaket part so no warranty ( i have a n51 sulve pzev model) they also change the valve cover gasket for me for free and i ask could it be the fuel injector they say no is still in good condition my car have 113k mile never change the injector before oh and also my catalyic is bad i ask can they change it for me they say no cause i need to pay 350$ for them to do a smog to see if the car pass or not helpp me pleaseeeee
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2021, 10:54 PM   #2
E92_William
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328xi

Sounds like you have a bunch of dickheads at your local dealership. Who gives a crap if the part is aftermarket or not. Warranty says the damn thing needs to run good to meet sulev emission standards... anyway.

Do you have access to INPA? It would be great to test out the disa valves because if the large one broke off maybe the flap is stuck in that runner. You say you just replaced spark plugs and coils. I suppose that's after they decided to be little bitches and say they were aftermarket on the car. You should try going back to them now and see what's up. Very unlikely your engine suddenly has low compression in one cylinder.
      04-18-2021, 02:57 AM   #3
phineasxx1
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92_William View Post
Sounds like you have a bunch of dickheads at your local dealership. Who gives a crap if the part is aftermarket or not. Warranty says the damn thing needs to run good to meet sulev emission standards... anyway.

Do you have access to INPA? It would be great to test out the disa valves because if the large one broke off maybe the flap is stuck in that runner. You say you just replaced spark plugs and coils. I suppose that's after they decided to be little bitches and say they were aftermarket on the car. You should try going back to them now and see what's up. Very unlikely your engine suddenly has low compression in one cylinder.
no i don't have any access to inpa i will bring the car back to the dealer on monday to ask them check the Disa valve /MAF/ crankshaft position sensor and eccentric shaft sensor and DME software update and yea the dealership is a dick when i first bring the car there they say there is no sulev warranty they don't exist any more the guy wearing blue shirt i think is the service writer he have to run in and ask other people and when he run back he say is only for sulev pzev model only and he keep saying mine car is not the pzev model i have to lift the hood up and show him the sticker underneath
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2021, 05:25 AM   #4
mapleleaf1773
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i XDrive

Garage List
I'd go to another dealer. May be you will have better luck.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2021, 12:09 PM   #5
E92_William
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328xi

All you need to have inpa for yourself is a laptop and a bimmergeeks kdcan cable aswell as the BMW tools software. Pretty straightforward to get. But yes if not as said above go somewhere else