E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > e93 roof malfunction

08-09-2007, 07:13 PM   #23
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
fixed yet? it's been a while...
      08-12-2007, 03:21 AM   #24
e93
open air motoring at its best
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 335i Convertible

Garage List
2007 e93 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
fixed yet? it's been a while...
Nope - waiting for new roof from Germany. In the meantime, I collected the car (although much of the interior has been pulled out) and put it under cover in my garage - otherwise it would be sitting outside each day at the panel shop until the roof arrives. They are airfreighting it so I expect about 10 days.

I'll fit the new wheels this week - the coilover should also arrive - and I'll be off to the mechanic to get these fitted. Then back to the panel shop - think I'll have to get the rear guards rolled to fit the wheels - or get the rear guards jacked out a little - either way my panel shop is equipped to do this.

So - while I wait for the roof - I'll get the other mods finished and conveniently hane the loaner to drive.
2007 335i Convertible || Black Sapphire | Cream Beige | Burr Walnut | 6 AT Paddles | Comfort Access | Aluminium Pedals | Aero Front Spoiler | Remus Quads | KW V3 Coilovers | Velocity V-715 wheels | M3 Rear Lip Spoiler || On Order || || Wishlist || ||
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2007, 05:55 AM   #25
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
looks like you aren't the only one with problems... http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...24#post1328324
      08-27-2007, 06:20 AM   #26
e93
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2007 e93 335i  [0.00]
Ahhhh. Their problems are nothing! You know how the window tinter scratched my car - and then the dealer popped a dent in the roof? Well, still waiting for the new roof (should be this week) and in the meantime decided to get the coilovers fitted and the guards rolled. This was finished Friday - picked the car up in the afternoon - mechanic says sorry but I damaged your car. Seems a plank in the workshop fell over - took out the bonnet, front guard and passenger mirror. Just paint damage but this now means the roof, bonnet, full passenger side of the car (can't just paint the front guard cause it won't match) will now be repainted!!!!! The scratch the tinter put in was on the other side of the car but my paint shop has suggested that while getting everything else fixed - might as well paint that side of the car too. Of course with all the other work taking place he can do a very special price.

Now I figure everything in life happens for a reason - haven't quite figured this one out yet but that makes three incidents so hopefully thats the last one this car will ever see (touches wood). The BMW paint is shitty from the factory anyway (so much orange peel) so effectively the car gets new paint which will give it a better than new finish. I can get the rear guards flared a little at the same time to better fit the wide wheels and in the meantime I've clocked up nearly 4000k's on the loaner.

I must be breaking some kind of record here - almost a full respray with less than 3000k's on the clock. Now beat that - no I'm joking - I don't wish this on anyone else.
2007 335i Convertible || Black Sapphire | Cream Beige | Burr Walnut | 6 AT Paddles | Comfort Access | Aluminium Pedals | Aero Front Spoiler | Remus Quads | KW V3 Coilovers | Velocity V-715 wheels | M3 Rear Lip Spoiler || On Order || || Wishlist || ||
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2007, 07:16 AM   #27
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
they have technology now that allows them to match paint exactly even if it has faded... mine matches axactly after the incident
      08-27-2007, 07:29 AM   #28
e93
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2007 e93 335i  [0.00]
Matching the colour is easy - its matching the texture (orange peel) thats hard. These late model cars use a water based colour coat - it leaves a less than perfect finish. Other manufacturers are also having paint issues with this new breed of paint including Mercedes Benz, Audi, Volkswagen etc. Given my paint shop insists on quality (which suits me) they feel the only way to achieve a perfect finish is repaint the whole side. This ensures not only colour perfection but texture perfection. Now given they are paying for the repair (cause their mechanic damaged the car) I would imagine they would avoid doing more than is necessary. Thankfully they are "perfectionists" at their trade.

Hopefully someday I'll get to drive my car. At least it will look good when I eventually do.

Last edited by e93; 08-27-2007 at 07:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2007, 07:40 AM   #29
Eazyrock
Major
Guyana
Rep
Drives: 08' Helix 335i E93

holy crap, talk about a string of bad luck.. really sorry to hear about all that. hopefully things improve for you soon.
      08-28-2007, 05:08 AM   #30
BBQWER
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 325i

how much you pay for this car? im waiting my e93 325i, arrive october. cost me $105.000 ( silver, streptonic, 18inch wheels ) what do you reckon? overprice?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2021, 09:23 AM   #31
Arqadius
Registered
Rep
Drives: E93 320d 2008

Looks similar like my problem, but my roof has no power to move up or down.
Appreciate 0