E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Driver side front door speakers not working

02-13-2019, 02:11 PM   #1
samvora
The Dark Knight
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36, E46, E90, G05 and MB W205

Driver side front door speakers not working

Hi All,

I have the Radio BMW Professional CD (P/N# 65129170328) in my car. Suddenly my driver's side front door tweeter and midrange speakers are not working. All the other speakers/tweeters in the car are working. I have the part numbers to replace these 2 speakers but I wanted to know if anyone has experienced this before and if they have then what are my DIY options to test if the problem is with the speakers itself or the wiring?

FWIW - sometimes my audio systems won't give out any sound at all even though it is turned on and it will start working normally once the car is turned off and then turned back on. I don't care about this issue as much because this happens maybe once in 6 months or so and I can just turn off the car and turn it back on and it starts working but I am not sure if these 2 issues are linked?

Any thoughts or solutions or checks that you guys recommend I perform before replacing the speakers?
Appreciate 0