E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > European Delivery: Realistic Travel Cost / Expectations?

08-29-2006, 10:28 PM   #23
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

You can do it to save $, or to have the best time of your life, or to understand how BMWs are made and the remarkable culture -- think about it, BMW, Audi, Porsche, MB, all within a region the size of the state of NJ -- that enabled such extraordinary engineering, or to drink a lot of beer, or some combination of all the above. My advice? Go for it. There is nothing to be afraid of. It's Ok not to speak german. It's OK to spend a few hours learning a few phrases. It's OK to spend a few hours checking out the german tourism sites, Michelin road maps, etc. Live a little!!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2006, 03:10 AM   #24
horatiub
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i

like somebody else said, do it for a vacation, take somebody with you and enjoy Europe. It's trully amazing
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2006, 10:02 AM   #25
abc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 325

once you place your order at your local dealer for ED (i guess this i the date of invoice)... at what point do you get the pickup date... which from what i understand, is an official (3 month wait period), the date that the car will be available in Germany to be pickedup?

i'm wondering how do people go about vacation scheduling w/ their jobs or whatever...

how long can the car be there waiting for you?
Appreciate 0