E90Post
 


Extreme Powerhouse
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Christian Horner



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-11-2015, 02:35 PM   #23
Sparky68
Brigadier General
Sparky68's Avatar
United Kingdom
124
Rep
4,045
Posts

Drives: e90 335i JB4
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Cambs

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Of course people like the same old bollocks, after all, you spout it every year
__________________

Mini Cooper S JCW
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2015, 04:23 PM   #24
scooba0010
Colonel
scooba0010's Avatar
United Kingdom
80
Rep
2,317
Posts

Drives: F32 430D-MOTORSPORT
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: UK

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky68 View Post
Of course people like the same old bollocks, after all, you spout it every year
pmsl
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2015, 07:43 PM   #25
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
86
Rep
4,021
Posts

Drives: BMW M235I
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Aberdeen

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Dan View Post
So why is this forum like logging into a Liverpool forum and asking about Man utd?
I never said this forum was like that. I said Scooba0010's comments on Red Bull were like that. Liverpool fans always want to have a go at Man Utd and vice versa.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 02:26 AM   #26
Sparky68
Brigadier General
Sparky68's Avatar
United Kingdom
124
Rep
4,045
Posts

Drives: e90 335i JB4
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Cambs

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
If Renault pull their finger out we might be able to give Merc a fight this time.
__________________

Mini Cooper S JCW
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 04:13 AM   #27
E92Dan
Captain
E92Dan's Avatar
29
Rep
842
Posts

Drives: 330d
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: northampton

iTrader: (0)

What the sport needs is several teams who can all regularly win. One team dominating isn't good for the fans.
Let's hope Ferrari can sort themselves out. Also hopefully Honda can produce a good engine for the Big Macs.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 03:21 PM   #28
scooba0010
Colonel
scooba0010's Avatar
United Kingdom
80
Rep
2,317
Posts

Drives: F32 430D-MOTORSPORT
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: UK

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky68 View Post
If Renault pull their finger out we might be able to give Merc a fight this time.
How about you get a new engine deal if thats all the problem is
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 03:25 PM   #29
scooba0010
Colonel
scooba0010's Avatar
United Kingdom
80
Rep
2,317
Posts

Drives: F32 430D-MOTORSPORT
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: UK

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
I never said this forum was like that. I said Scooba0010's comments on Red Bull were like that. Liverpool fans always want to have a go at Man Utd and vice versa.
My comments on RB started last season after getting bored of them dominating now that appears to had been sorted ,I want them to all have a few wins ,

I also don't get that Mercedes and F1 think its OK for Mercedes having 1200 people working with there F1 team ,People starving and dying out there its mental.

YES REALLY think about it .
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 03:27 PM   #30
Sparky68
Brigadier General
Sparky68's Avatar
United Kingdom
124
Rep
4,045
Posts

Drives: e90 335i JB4
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Cambs

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooba0010 View Post
How about you get a new engine deal if thats all the problem is
Not quite that easy i'm afraid.
__________________

Mini Cooper S JCW
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 04:00 PM   #31
E92Dan
Captain
E92Dan's Avatar
29
Rep
842
Posts

Drives: 330d
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: northampton

iTrader: (0)

Yeah but if Mercedes get rid of some personnel, then there will be even more people starving and dying out there
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2015, 04:58 AM   #32
scooba0010
Colonel
scooba0010's Avatar
United Kingdom
80
Rep
2,317
Posts

Drives: F32 430D-MOTORSPORT
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: UK

iTrader: (1)

update time

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/34404641


Appreciate 0
      10-03-2015, 01:47 PM   #33
Sparky68
Brigadier General
Sparky68's Avatar
United Kingdom
124
Rep
4,045
Posts

Drives: e90 335i JB4
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Cambs

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
It's been common knowledge for quite a while
__________________

Mini Cooper S JCW
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2015, 01:21 AM   #34
scooba0010
Colonel
scooba0010's Avatar
United Kingdom
80
Rep
2,317
Posts

Drives: F32 430D-MOTORSPORT
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: UK

iTrader: (1)

Last rumour I heard VW was in talks about buying the team out. So are RB going at the end of the season ?,
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 02:19 AM   #35
bytejunkie
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
17
Rep
227
Posts

Drives: E91 330d M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Leeds

iTrader: (1)

im not sure VW will survive the emissions scandal and be in a position to enter F1. to be honest I'm not sure VW will survive it unless someone else admits to the same tricks.

interesting comment in that. noone knows more about turbocharged engines than renault.

I'm no french car expert, but the last fast renault with a turbo was the R5GTT wasn't it? (honestly, i know little about renaults).
For me, renault were doomed when they went to the turbos and Mercedes were always going to be fast. which is the way it panned out. about the only time ive ever got a prediction right.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 04:47 AM   #36
Sparky68
Brigadier General
Sparky68's Avatar
United Kingdom
124
Rep
4,045
Posts

Drives: e90 335i JB4
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Cambs

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooba0010 View Post
Last rumour I heard VW was in talks about buying the team out. So are RB going at the end of the season ?,
Lots more twists and turns yet
__________________

Mini Cooper S JCW
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 04:49 AM   #37
ahmedb
Major
ahmedb's Avatar
United Kingdom
196
Rep
1,464
Posts

Drives: F31 330D M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Warwickshire - Nuneaton

iTrader: (1)

I would love to see all teams using the same engine/power output and for competitive tyre brands to come back (choice between Michelin/Bridgestone/Pirelli).

I would love to see a 3 way fight between Ferrari, Mercedes and RBR next season.

Perhaps a new thread should be started for this one but who do we think is the best current driver

- Fernando Alonso
- Sebastian Vettel
- Lewis Hamilton
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 05:04 AM   #38
RajB
Colonel
RajB's Avatar
303
Rep
2,996
Posts

Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Midlands

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedb View Post
I would love to see all teams using the same engine/power output and for competitive tyre brands to come back (choice between Michelin/Bridgestone/Pirelli).

I would love to see a 3 way fight between Ferrari, Mercedes and RBR next season.

Perhaps a new thread should be started for this one but who do we think is the best current driver

- Fernando Alonso
- Sebastian Vettel
- Lewis Hamilton

It's never ever going to be completely fair as look when it was all about aerodynamics and RedBull dominated without question for 4 years straight. Now it's more about engines and Mercedes are dominating.

Unless they are all in identical cars completely with no other outside amendments at all then you will never have a truly level playing field.

I do genuinely think Lewis is a superb driver. Even when the car wasn't under him he pulled off some truly great racing and finds pace somewhere. But of course that's just my opinion and I know others will completely be 100% the opposite to that.
__________________
If it's broke...Mod It
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 05:20 AM   #39
ahmedb
Major
ahmedb's Avatar
United Kingdom
196
Rep
1,464
Posts

Drives: F31 330D M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Warwickshire - Nuneaton

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajB View Post
It's never ever going to be completely fair as look when it was all about aerodynamics and RedBull dominated without question for 4 years straight. Now it's more about engines and Mercedes are dominating.

Unless they are all in identical cars completely with no other outside amendments at all then you will never have a truly level playing field.

I do genuinely think Lewis is a superb driver. Even when the car wasn't under him he pulled off some truly great racing and finds pace somewhere. But of course that's just my opinion and I know others will completely be 100% the opposite to that.
Personally, I think Lewis Hamilton is probably the quickest man on a single flying lap (although Vettel comes close) but he's only great when things are going his way. He only ever seems 2 minutes away from having a sulk.

Alonso for me is the best all round driver. He often eeks out more performance from a car than you would think was possible. His tyre management skills are a cut above the rest and he just has that racing edge compared to some of the other drivers. I know he was teammates with Lewis at McLaren but I think he has improved since then, they both have.

Vettel is still only 28 years old and has the ability to be a true great. I'm a Ferrari fan but I surprised myself as to how quickly I came to like Vettel after hating him for 4 years.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 06:30 AM   #40
djgandy
Colonel
djgandy's Avatar
128
Rep
2,338
Posts

Drives: E93 M3
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedb View Post
I would love to see all teams using the same engine/power output and for competitive tyre brands to come back (choice between Michelin/Bridgestone/Pirelli).

I would love to see a 3 way fight between Ferrari, Mercedes and RBR next season.

Perhaps a new thread should be started for this one but who do we think is the best current driver

- Fernando Alonso
- Sebastian Vettel
- Lewis Hamilton
They should stop all this eco bullshit and tyre management crap.

F1 will never be economical, you cant do eco while so many people have to travel the whole world with thousands of tonnes of equipment, motorhomes etc.

I'd say Alonso is best driver in the field. Hard to say in the past 6/7 seasons as it's been more of a lawyers sport than a competitive engineering sport.

Lewis has never been a pick for me. He's never had to prove himself in a poor car. He went straight in at the top and has had decent cars since. It showed in his attitude a few years back when he thought that people he was fighting for place should just get out of his way because "he has a better car".
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 09:54 AM   #41
Icekube
Captain
Scotland
33
Rep
886
Posts

Drives: E87 130i
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Livingston

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgandy View Post
Lewis has never been a pick for me. He's never had to prove himself in a poor car. He went straight in at the top and has had decent cars since. It showed in his attitude a few years back when he thought that people he was fighting for place should just get out of his way because "he has a better car".
he did come into the sport at the top, but he also came into the sport and equalled Alonso in his first season. arguably should have won the title...


Vettel also holds that view, cars battling for position should get out of the way, don't you remember his "blue flag blue flag" song from malaysia?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 11:02 AM   #42
djgandy
Colonel
djgandy's Avatar
128
Rep
2,338
Posts

Drives: E93 M3
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icekube View Post
he did come into the sport at the top, but he also came into the sport and equalled Alonso in his first season. arguably should have won the title...


Vettel also holds that view, cars battling for position should get out of the way, don't you remember his "blue flag blue flag" song from malaysia?
Not saying Vettel isn't a spoilt git too, just that Lewis's is over talked and under qualified.

I remember pretty clearly Lewis was Mclaren's little baby boy and had pretty large favouritism in the team vs Alonso. No surprise Alonso left after a single season there.

The sport seems to be in the exact state it was apparently trying to avoid with its hundreds of rule changes, one team completely dominating, and the rest of the field just dicking around.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 03:17 PM   #43
Sparky68
Brigadier General
Sparky68's Avatar
United Kingdom
124
Rep
4,045
Posts

Drives: e90 335i JB4
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Cambs

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Big meeting Thursday between the engine manufacturers, they know it is fooked so are trying to fix it.
__________________

Mini Cooper S JCW
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 06:36 PM   #44
gangzoom
Lieutenant Colonel
124
Rep
1,826
Posts

Drives: E90 335i M sport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Leicester

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgandy View Post
Lewis's is over talked and under qualified.
100% agree, look at all the fuss that has been made about Hamilton beating Senna's win tally....Vettel actually beat Hamilton to that record a few races ealier and didn't make a song/dance about it, despite been younger than Hamilton.

Atleast Vettel has proven he can drag a worse car around the track and get more out it than possible, all critisims levelled at Vettel about needing the best car to win can also be applied to Hamilton....Unlike Alonso in 2005 and Schumacher in 1994 who both won the F1 world champion in a much inferior car.

What ever you think of Red Bull you have to recognise that they have done for F1, some of the best drivers in F1 at the moment have come via Red Bull. Infact I reckon all 4 of the current Red Bull backed drivers can give Hamilton and Vettel a proper race if given the same equipment.

I hope they stick around for next season, F1 would loss a huge amount of talent (team+drivers) if they went

Last edited by gangzoom; 10-13-2015 at 06:43 PM.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:59 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST