E90Post

European Auto Source (EAS)

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Official Performance Mod List for 335i

07-21-2018, 03:03 PM   #199
WhatDoIPutHere
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by avought335 View Post
I have to leave 1 reply to gain access to writing my own post. Planning on asking what people have to offer for next logical performance upgrade keeping cost in mind. Car is really ready for power mods now that it has the following:

ER FMIC
ER Competition oil cooler
Ohlin Road/Track Coilovers
Wavetrac LSD
Single mass flywheel (i don't remember the brand, I think 'ATC'? It's chattery af)
OEM ssk

Aesthetic:
M3 Skirts
Aerolip
Lowered about an inch on coilovers
Apex BBS style concave wheels, 17x8.5 square for road driving)
Set of 9.5/10.5 VMR wheels with pilot cup sport track tires for the track
I'd say get a tune, MHD or JB4. Can't go wrong with either one. I've had both and prefer MHD, but there are others who say the opposite. I feel like JB4 is a bit more user friendly, but costs a bit more.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2018, 03:05 PM   #200
WhatDoIPutHere
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 335i

Quote:
By the way, if anyone reads my previous post, feel free to offer advice!

I was running Cobb Stage 2 Sport (sadly only have 91 octane on tap here in California) with the above mods.

I'm getting smoged this week and figuring F it, I'm good for two years. Plans for some cheap easy gains.

I think the best possible bang/buck would be inlets and down pipes. (esp. since I'm using the stock airbox). VRSF has both for well under a grand. Should really bring some extra power out with the tune I'd imagine. With this ill also upgrade the CP which I'm sure I should've done earlier. Is there any other piping that is prone to leaking boost/failing? I may decide to mess around with adding E85 and running a Stage 2+ 93 octane map, so boost may go up to around 17PSI - nothing too reckless.

ALSO Turbos are 100700 miles old and could go any minute. If I'm having this work done.. ought I to consider a new set o'snails?

Any thoughts are appreciate!
If you have money for snails, I'd say have your fun with the stock ones for now and buy new ones when they go out. Try doing a e30 mix, or e50 if you upgrade your LPFP. You won't get much of a power increase with new turbos if you don't get a custom tune or better fueling.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2018, 02:55 PM   #201
Three35Built
Ford Tech for the $ dependency
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i FBO

Quote:
I have to leave 1 reply to gain access to writing my own post. Planning on asking what people have to offer for next logical performance upgrade keeping cost in mind. Car is really ready for power mods now that it has the following:

ER FMIC
ER Competition oil cooler
Ohlin Road/Track Coilovers
Wavetrac LSD
Single mass flywheel (i don't remember the brand, I think 'ATC'? It's chattery af)
OEM ssk

Aesthetic:
M3 Skirts
Aerolip
Lowered about an inch on coilovers
Apex BBS style concave wheels, 17x8.5 square for road driving)
Set of 9.5/10.5 VMR wheels with pilot cup sport track tires for the track
If you havent upgraded inlets and outlets or downpipes, wait and do them both at the same time. It's very hard to replace inlets/outlets without removing the dp's. If you do upgrade turbski's, replace them all at once so there is overlap (instead of paying for the time to remove subframe multiple times). Just some advice.

I'm a ford tech and work on my own 335i. It's a pita to do these things in steps rather than all at once.

to each his own though and good luck.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2019, 12:05 PM   #202
thisd00disphilip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi E92

great post!

Maybe add Coil pack options?
Precision Raceworks Coils
Bimmerlife Coils
M3 coils