E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > 'doubling up' run groups during a DE? thoughts?

02-05-2009, 10:36 AM   #45
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
I'm just giving you are hard time

Oh, and take it easy at the DE, no reason to drive fatigued. I need more than four 30 minute to be satisfied but I max out at 3.0-3.5 hours of drive time.
I witnessed too many wrecks in the last session of a December DE. People were overconfident from "knowing the course", driving aggressively on wasted tires and brakes and mentally and physically fatigued. IMO a recipe for disaster.
Thank you for the heads up. I'm definitely going to be extra watchful for symptoms of fatigue. I do have some limited experience endurance racing cars (through www.endurancekarting.com) and doing longer lapping days on a motorcycle so I think I have a fair idea of what to expect and what my personal limits are.

Downside is that this is likely my last DE for a while as I have to go into 'maximum dollar stretch' mode in anticipation for losing my income due to school.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 04:46 PM   #46
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftcoastman View Post
Cornell isn't bad. As you know, right or wrong, ranking is everything in the business world. Let's just say you should explore options higher up on the ranking scale if you have the opportunity.
digging up this thread from the dead...

got into kellogg today so i will take your advice of exploring something higher up the ranking scale
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 01:31 PM   #47
leftcoastman
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Nazareno View Post
digging up this thread from the dead...

got into kellogg today so i will take your advice of exploring something higher up the ranking scale
That's great news! Congrats.

Unless Cornell provides you with a free Ferrari, you should definitely choose NW.

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 03:33 PM   #48
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
That's great news! Congrats.

Unless Cornell provides you with a free Ferrari, you should definitely choose NW.

I checked and unfortunately there were no ferraris available. something about snow from oct to may?

still holding out for that minuscule chance i get to go to boston for school. philadelphia is unfortunately out of the picture for me
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 09:08 PM   #49
leftcoastman
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Be forewarned. Boston is a craphole.

The schools on the other side of the river, which I assume you're talking about, are good, but Boston is still a hellhole.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 09:48 PM   #50
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Be forewarned. Boston is a craphole.

The schools on the other side of the river, which I assume you're talking about, are good, but Boston is still a hellhole.
I always thought H stood for hell. makes sense
Appreciate 0