E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > E91 Speaker Upgrade On A Base Stero System

09-19-2019, 08:14 AM   #1
FinnSharky
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 325d E91

E91 Speaker Upgrade On A Base Stero System

Hello,

I understand that their is already quite a few threads on this however I have searched High an Low and I cannot seem to find any solutions.

Currently installed I have:
An aftermarket double din stereo - capable of outputting RCA signals for Front Rear and Subwoofer speakers
Not yet installed I have:
MB Quart front component speakers
MB Quart Underseat Sub
Mb Quart Rear Coaxial speakers

So far this is all a plug an play fit, no need to cut or tap into any wires. However I am looking at possibly amping all the speakers. Which is where it gets a bit confusing for me.

I am thinking of using two Amps:
One 4 channel to feed the doors
One 2 channel to feed the underseat subs

There is a few threads where people have used things like an MS8 processor to get signals to the amp however I do not see why I would need anything like this as the aftermarket Head Unit I would have thought solves this issue.

My problem is that I would like to amp the speakers if possible without cutting any wires. So I was just wondering which way would be best to do this, it is mainly the door speakers that I think I am going to struggle with as it seems easy enough to just run speaker wires from a 2 channel amp in the boot to the underseat subs.

Could anyone advise which way would be best to get the feed from a 4 channel amp in the boot to the front components and rear door Coaxial speakers without if possible cutting any wires which would be ideal.

The only way I can think of possibly doing it is running all the wires for the door speakers to the back of the head unit and then cutting the adaptor for the head unit and joining the wires there at least then I would not be cutting into any original BMW wiring which is what I am trying to avoid.

Not sure if I am on the right track with this but any help or advice would be greatly appriciated.

Will update with any Build info and Photos once I have the answers I need.

Thanks in Advance!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 10:09 AM   #2
flgfish
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 E91, 2015 911 C2

The point of an MS-8 or any DSP is to allow for tuning of the system.

I have a Helix V Eight driving my system in my 911, and the DSP is incredible. You can set the time alignment on each speaker, allowing you to get the sound to image exactly where you want it. The center of the stage in my 911 is dead center & from the front of the dash when I'm sitting in the driver's seat. I'm also able to EQ and tune each speaker so I get the frequency response I want. This allows you to get exactly the sound profile you want from the system, basically no matter the speaker drivers you are using. DSPs give you per-channel control over things like crossovers, signal levelling... all sorts of fun audio toys.

There are lots of options for amplifiers with DSPs integrated.

I actually put an Audiotec-Fisher Match UP7BMW in my e91, and it's awesome. Has the same DSP as my Helix V Eight, but it connected directly up to the BMW amp connector/wiring - nothing at all to install. Requires the 676 HiFi option on the car to be compatible, though.
https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/m...ifiers/up-7bmw
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 12:27 PM   #3
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

But a Technic Harness or some of the plug an play kits or
some of the amps/dsp's come with some .
If you do a search here for base system a lot of info will come up.
Its one of the most asked questions here.

The BMW7 has plenty of power and enough channels for all positions
but the sub as mentioned. The Helix audiotec fisher products are highly
recommended.
Appreciate 0