E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > That was childish (dealership drama)

06-05-2022, 11:22 AM   #23
StradaRedlands
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i MT

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.21]
2009 BMW 328i Touri ...  [7.90]
2013 BMW X5 35i  [7.63]
2011 BMW 528i  [8.75]
2006 Mazda3  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westside Guy View Post
Agreed, post a negative review on Google and some of the auto review sites. 😉
As well as here!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2022, 11:34 AM   #24
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i, 2021 228i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by StradaRedlands View Post
Quote:
Agreed, post a negative review on Google and some of the auto review sites. 😉
As well as here!!!
Quite often, I've seen people post negative stories here about their experiences with a dealer but not mention the dealer's name. If a dealer is doing something that is inappropriate and has a negative impact on you they should be named so everybody else knows.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2022, 01:44 PM   #25
StradaRedlands
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i MT

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.21]
2009 BMW 328i Touri ...  [7.90]
2013 BMW X5 35i  [7.63]
2011 BMW 528i  [8.75]
2006 Mazda3  [5.50]
Quote:
Quite often, I've seen people post negative stories here about their experiences with a dealer but not mention the dealer's name. If a dealer is doing something that is inappropriate and has a negative impact on you they should be named so everybody else knows.
I think it's important for the historical document... three years from now when prices are back to normal, it's good to see who was gauging and who wasn't. I wouldn't want to spend my money at the former!
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2022, 01:54 PM   #26
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
I think it's important for the historical document... three years from now when prices are back to normal, it's good to see who was gauging and who wasn't. I wouldn't want to spend my money at the former!
I totally agree with you and perhaps somebody should start a thread listing all of the dealers that are and aren't charging over MSRP so it is properly documented?
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2022, 01:26 AM   #27
Tacoma
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMWs for 30 yrs

Quote:
Quote:
This may be a case where naming the dealer not good idea. Tuxedo in Post #16 above explained this was standard practice and required by law to send this letter, so it would appear the dealer was just following the law. Also, dealerships and BMW Financial Services are different entities and it would not be in the interest of BMWFS to collude with one of the dealers to try to seek revenge on the OP. This doesn't pass the smell test.

The worst that happened was the dealer tried to sell paint protection but all dealers do that. Doesn't appear any wrong was done.
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2022, 11:01 AM   #28
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma View Post
Quote:
Quote:
This may be a case where naming the dealer not good idea. Tuxedo in Post #16 above explained this was standard practice and required by law to send this letter, so it would appear the dealer was just following the law. Also, dealerships and BMW Financial Services are different entities and it would not be in the interest of BMWFS to collude with one of the dealers to try to seek revenge on the OP. This doesn't pass the smell test.

The worst that happened was the dealer tried to sell paint protection but all dealers do that. Doesn't appear any wrong was done.
Posts can always be edited and therefore corrected if incorrect information is posted.

In addition, the majority of us have user names that have no relation to our real identities.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2022, 02:04 PM   #29
IM2C
Major General
Rep
Drives: ∞ Improbability Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
Bureaucracy, bureaucracy! I remember that when I was applying to law schools, I accepted one and denied another and about a month later, the one I turned down sent me a scholarship offer.

Different parts of the bureaucracy don't always coordinate with each other.
Similar thing happened to a classmate of mine. We were hired by a major US airline on a same day and about 6 months later he gets an email thanking him for his application but they were able to hire more qualified candidate.
He was literally in the cockpit at the gate about ready to go on a 4 day trip.