E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Front license plate removal/cleanup help

05-23-2022, 02:10 PM   #1
Exitious
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328i 6MT

Front license plate removal/cleanup help

Hi guys,

I wanted to take the license plate bracket off my car because I live in a state that does not require us to have front license plates. Plus, I think the front end looks so much cleaner without it. So, I took it off and now I'm left with two (actually three) holes and some residual marks.

From the images, you can see that underneath the left hole there is some significant wear to the paint. Does anyone know a good way to cover up/repair this? Also, you can also see that the right hole has a smaller hole right on top of it.

Initially, I thought I would be able to just take the bracket off and put some bumper plugs in from BumperPlugs.com. If I did this, do you think I'd have to drill out a larger hole since there is that smaller hole above the right hole? Drilling even larger holes seems very inconvenient and might lead to more damage if not done properly. Kinda worried about that.

I may just end up leaving the bracket on to cover all this up to avoid spending a lot of money taking it somewhere to get fixed or putting on an entirely new bumper. Does anyone have any advice on how I can clean this up and get it looking nice again? Thoughts?
Attached Images

Last edited by Exitious; 05-23-2022 at 02:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2022, 09:17 PM   #2
StuKatz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M Roadster, E46, E91, F30

I had same issue, plus many rock chips and clearcoat peeling, so I removed the bumper cover and took it into a shop to get repainted. About $200
Appreciate 2
      05-24-2022, 12:38 AM   #3
Serf27
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i

The bumper plugs will cover the holes.
Nothing to do on the peeled clear coat with out repainting the bumper, but at the point the holes could be completely eliminated.
Haven’t ran a front plate in 10+ years. It looks a lot cleaner.
Appreciate 1