E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Confirming if door actuator is issue

08-25-2019, 09:22 AM   #1
Ariakas
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i xDrive

Confirming if door actuator is issue

Hi all,

Did a search on the forum but want to validate as I will be looking for part.

Yesterday my 2009 E90 335i right rear door lock would not unlock using fob or central unlock in car as my passenger was trying to open door from outside. I was able to pull handle once from inside and it unlocked so able to open from inside and outside afterwards. Is this classic symptom of door actuator failing?

Thanks for your time.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 10:58 AM   #2
Ariakas
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i xDrive

Just an update to give closure to this issue for curious people. I went ahead and ordered a right rear door actuator from Ebay cost like $40 vs the OEM one which was crazy expensive. Followed a youtube vid that replaced on left rear door, took about 45 mins and everything works great now, a bit stickier to open door handle from outside though. There's definitely difference between the Chinese knockoff vs OEM, it's lighter and looks a bit different. In the end it does the job at a much cheaper price, not sure how long it'll last but still cheaper to replace again if need be.
Appreciate 0