E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > How To Transfer MHD License's To IOS From Android WITHOUT A Tablet

05-24-2020, 11:11 PM   #1
ProjectN54
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08.5 E90 335i 08 E90 328i

How To Transfer MHD License's To IOS From Android WITHOUT A Tablet

WINDOWS 10 METHOD
Name:  MHD LICESNE UPDATE PIC.png
Views: 1508
Size:  309.0 KB

This method apply's to people who no longer have a android device because it broke or is missing and/or need to transfer license's to a IOS device without a android device.

MHD told me i MUST to sign in on my android device in order to transfer the license's to my Iphone's app..i was unable because my device was broken, but i found another way without spending another 80$-100$ on a android tablet.

LETS BEGIN

Step (1.) Download + Install BlueStack Player

https://www.bluestacks.com/download.html

Name:  BLUE STACKS.png
Views: 1471
Size:  190.6 KB

Step (2.) Open BlueStacks

Name:  BlueStacks My App Page.png
Views: 1454
Size:  1.17 MB

Step (3.) Download + Install GOOGLE CHROME & MHD

Click the search bar and type in MHD, then click "VISIT GOOGLE PLAY" download MHD also download Chrome as well, you will need CHROME to sign in to MHD.

Name:  visit google play.png
Views: 1445
Size:  453.1 KB
Name:  mhd install .png
Views: 1511
Size:  390.7 KB
Name:  chrome.png
Views: 1444
Size:  395.8 KB

Step (4.) Transfer License's
Open MHD, Then Sign In with Google Account, step by step pictures below.

Name:  Login pt 1.png
Views: 1443
Size:  370.8 KB
Name:  Login pt 2.png
Views: 1401
Size:  449.4 KB
Name:  Login pt 3.png
Views: 1408
Size:  184.4 KB
Name:  Login pt 4.png
Views: 1408
Size:  629.8 KB
Name:  Login pt 5.png
Views: 1382
Size:  345.1 KB
Name:  Login pt 6.png
Views: 1439
Size:  312.9 KB

Step (5.) Verify MHD License's on IOS
First Login on IOS with your google account, Next click the 3 bars in the top left corner, then click "My Vehicles", their you will see all the cars you have license for.
Name:  image2.jpg
Views: 1366
Size:  83.7 KB
Name:  image1 (2).jpg
Views: 1394
Size:  56.3 KB
Name:  image0.jpg
Views: 1414
Size:  42.8 KB

EXTRA:
Will test and see if flashing is possible with a Thor WIFI adapter on PC using BlueStacks.

Last edited by ProjectN54; 05-24-2020 at 11:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 04:24 PM   #2
The_otherM235i
Driver - Autocross
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Just tried this and both bluestacks and another andriod device didn't work at all. Contacting MHD for further help with IOS.
16 M235xi 8ZF Black on Red FBO: Xhp trans tune -BMS Intake - VRSF Catless DownPipe - VRSF CP - VRSF Muffler delete/resonator - n22 plugs - MHD stage 2+ 95map - Wagner EVO II Preformace IC - Rear seat delete - weight reduction/stripping -FTP 18.5in rims - Hawk HPS front pads - StopTech STR 660 fluid
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 04:30 PM   #3
ProjectN54
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_otherM235i View Post
Just tried this and both bluestacks and another andriod device didn't work at all. Contacting MHD for further help with IOS.
What error are you getting?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 04:32 PM   #4
The_otherM235i
Driver - Autocross
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectN54 View Post
Quote:
I'm not getting any errors,

When I try and launch the app on bluestacks it just doesn't open and I can't get the app to boot up.
Tried using my fathers new android phone and logged into my account and no licenses showed up. Don't know how to get them to appear. Let alone transfer them
16 M235xi 8ZF Black on Red FBO: Xhp trans tune -BMS Intake - VRSF Catless DownPipe - VRSF CP - VRSF Muffler delete/resonator - n22 plugs - MHD stage 2+ 95map - Wagner EVO II Preformace IC - Rear seat delete - weight reduction/stripping -FTP 18.5in rims - Hawk HPS front pads - StopTech STR 660 fluid
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 04:35 PM   #5
ProjectN54
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

When I try and launch the app on bluestacks it just doesn't open and I can't get the app to boot up.
Tried using my fathers new android phone and logged into my account and no licenses showed up. Don't know how to get them to appear. Let alone transfer them
Go to my vehicles and refresh license on the android device make sure you log in with your google play store account
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 04:37 PM   #6
The_otherM235i
Driver - Autocross
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Go to my vehicles and refresh license on the android device make sure you log in with your google play store account
Did that and it asks me enter a coupon code or something, doesn't have any of my licenses at all.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 04:56 PM   #7
ProjectN54
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Did that and it asks me enter a coupon code or something, doesn't have any of my licenses at all.
Wrong account more then likely but contact mhd any way
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 04:58 PM   #8
The_otherM235i
Driver - Autocross
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Wrong account more then likely but contact mhd any way
So for whatever reason I tried updating my old phone and it worked and I got my licenses lmao ahaha all is well
Appreciate 1
      06-01-2020, 07:01 AM   #9
drmn43
Rep
Drives: 09' 335xi

Thanks for the idea - seems like it should work great.

When I try to open up MHD on the emulator, I get the splash screen and it never enters the app. Is this a Blue Stacks setting? Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2020, 12:09 PM   #10
bobbby
Bobbby
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 bmw 335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmn43 View Post

When I try to open up MHD on the emulator, I get the splash screen and it never enters the app. Is this a Blue Stacks setting? Any thoughts?
Same exact thing - MHD starts then never gets past the boot screen. Did you ever get around this?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2020, 08:59 PM   #11
drmn43
Rep
Drives: 09' 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbby View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmn43 View Post

Same exact thing - MHD starts then never gets past the boot screen. Did you ever get around this?
No, I had to use a real device. Worked well then
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2022, 07:01 AM   #12
stephples
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 435i Mperf

MHD app stuck on startup screen fix

I also had issues transferring my licences to the new system. I ended up making this work.

Here's what I found out.

- I was using BS5 and my licences were not transferring. Contacted MHD and despite following all their instructions to the letter I wasn't getting anywhere.

-after tinkering with BS5 I noticed that I was running a 32bit version. So I switched to the 64 bit version thinking.. hey my system is 64.. might as well try.
this is how the MHD app is getting stuck on the startup screen.

-I decided to switch to BS4 because after all.. this is what the guide is using. Got the x64 version again..and the MHD app is stuck on the startup screen.

-downloaded BS4 x32, did all the steps in this guide and it worked. The app launched successfully and all my licences were transferred.

Long story short..for those who are having issues, stick to a x32 build even if your system is 64. And use BS4. somehow BS5 didn't work.

Using a win10 x64 system on my end. For those using win11, BS5 might be a better choice.
Appreciate 0