E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Official PNW Spotted Thread

11-04-2008, 07:21 PM   #199
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibbs View Post
Oh nice! Knowing you'll have an M3 soon must ease the pain a little

I found a tiny door ding in the passenger door, probably from the parking garage at work! I already park on the bottom floor away from everyone, but every now and then someone decides to park right next to my car and ignore the 20 other open spots nearby... Sigh. I think I'm going to try a paintless dent repair service over here.
bro.. door dings will always happen no matter how far you park, no matter how much space you leave between the other cars, no matter what kind of car, and no matter where you park (first floor, top floor).. The first one is the hardest one, after that you get used to it... we all do.. eventually lol, gl on the repairs, I have a tiny ding on my rear right quarter panel , this sucks because the paint didnt even chip..
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2008, 01:52 AM   #200
barbados
First Lieutenant
Antigua and Barbuda
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdflkijd View Post
bro.. door dings will always happen no matter how far you park, no matter how much space you leave between the other cars, no matter what kind of car, and no matter where you park (first floor, top floor).. The first one is the hardest one, after that you get used to it... we all do.. eventually lol, gl on the repairs, I have a tiny ding on my rear right quarter panel , this sucks because the paint didnt even chip..
Yeah, I made it 2 years without a door ding in my previous car though, so it's a bummer to only go a few weeks in the 335i before getting one. Looks to be <=$100 to get a minor ding repaired, so I'll give it a shot and see how it goes.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2008, 01:55 AM   #201
barbados
First Lieutenant
Antigua and Barbuda
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
Looks like my order will go in this Friday.

Wow, that sucks..... Some people are so inconsiderate! Is it bad? For some reason I thought our doors were dent proof.
Nice! Congratulations

It's not too bad, I can only see it under certain lighting but it bothers me enough to get it fixed.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2008, 02:23 AM   #202
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdflkijd View Post
+1

Quote:
Nice! Congratulations

It's not too bad, I can only see it under certain lighting but it bothers me enough to get it fixed.
I don't think i have ever parked it next to other cars the whole time i've owned it..... but then then the miles do speak for them and how much I drove it......

I think below is the only time (besides actual shipping) where she was parked next to other cars..... This is at Harms in Munich and the space gray on the left is your car....(picture taken in Oct 2006) I am sure she will be as good as new.....

2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 10:50 PM   #203
Digital.James
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GT4, Raptor.2, Tuono 1100F

spotted a sg e92 with a duke dynamic kit on pearl and 30th this morning
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2008, 05:10 AM   #204
barbados
First Lieutenant
Antigua and Barbuda
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
I don't think i have ever parked it next to other cars the whole time i've owned it..... but then then the miles do speak for them and how much I drove it......

I think below is the only time (besides actual shipping) where she was parked next to other cars..... This is at Harms in Munich and the space gray on the left is your car....(picture taken in Oct 2006) I am sure she will be as good as new.....

Yeah, I got a quote for $100 from a local, independent guy that seemed reputable. I guess he does the PDR for Barrier and he had a lot of positive reviews on CitySearch - although he must request them, since 99% of them were written by authors that had 0 reviews for other businesses.

Ryan Snider - PDR
http://ryanpdr.com/

On another note, I saw this:

...and think that it's time to order some VMR HyperBlack CSLs, Eibach ProKit, and Koni FSDs!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2008, 12:50 PM   #205
TTG
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah, I got a quote for $100 from a local, independent guy that seemed reputable. I guess he does the PDR for Barrier and he had a lot of positive reviews on CitySearch - although he must request them, since 99% of them were written by authors that had 0 reviews for other businesses.

Ryan Snider - PDR
http://ryanpdr.com/

...and think that it's time to order some VMR HyperBlack CSLs, Eibach ProKit, and Koni FSDs!
Give the guy a try. He can not be that bad if Barrier is using him....

I almost got M6 replica's but decided not to take OEM perfectly functioning wheels and replace them with average quality tires and replica wheels.....

I also had my eyes on the BBS Air II Ck's for a while..... I think they would look awesome on your car....

Do you have pics of it w/ tinted windows yet? How did they do on the dot matrix? I am planning on getting the windows tinted on the M3.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2008, 07:37 PM   #206
VMRWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Quote:

Hot damn, that looks clean!
      11-11-2008, 12:41 AM   #207
barbados
First Lieutenant
Antigua and Barbuda
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Give the guy a try. He can not be that bad if Barrier is using him....

I almost got M6 replica's but decided not to take OEM perfectly functioning wheels and replace them with average quality tires and replica wheels.....

I also had my eyes on the BBS Air II Ck's for a while..... I think they would look awesome on your car....

Do you have pics of it w/ tinted windows yet? How did they do on the dot matrix? I am planning on getting the windows tinted on the M3.
Yeah, I'll setup a time this week for the PDR - I think he'll come to my parking garage at work and fix it, which will be convenient.

Those do look like nice rims but are $$$. I'm also concerned about the quality of replica wheels which is why I'm starting to lean towards the Linea Corsa Lemans - which are made by Rota. I've used Rota SlipStreams (Spoon knockoffs) in the past and they were excellent quality replicas. I'll have to do some more research before ordering a set though.

Linea Corsa Lemans

I haven't taken any pics yet, I should get some this weekend after I do a complete wash + wax. I just got packages from PakShak and Zaino, so I'll hold off until she gets cleaned up a little

On the rear window, where there is the large dot matrix they recommended that I let them vinyl over that area because they said it's very difficult to get tint to properly adhere, look good, and last for a long time. I gave them the go ahead and was impressed with the result, it looks fine and you can't even tell that it's vinyl'ed unless you look for it. With a lighter tint, it might be more noticeable but with 15% it works very well. On the smaller dot matrix strips around the side windows, the tint seems to have some tiny air bubbles that bug me - they've gotten better since the install. They also told me to come back for a checkup and to get anything touched up and I haven't made it over there yet, I'll bring this up and see what they say. It's not a big deal, I'm just being nit-picky.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 12:52 AM   #208
TTG
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah, I'll setup a time this week for the PDR - I think he'll come to my parking garage at work and fix it, which will be convenient.

Linea Corsa Lemans

I haven't taken any pics yet, I should get some this weekend after I do a complete wash + wax. I just got packages from PakShak and Zaino, so I'll hold off until she gets cleaned up a little

On the rear window, where there is the large dot matrix they recommended that I let them vinyl over that area because they said it's very difficult to get tint to properly adhere, look good, and last for a long time. I gave them the go ahead and was impressed with the result, it looks fine and you can't even tell that it's vinyl'ed unless you look for it. With a lighter tint, it might be more noticeable but with 15% it works very well. On the smaller dot matrix strips around the side windows, the tint seems to have some tiny air bubbles that bug me - they've gotten better since the install. They also told me to come back for a checkup and to get anything touched up and I haven't made it over there yet, I'll bring this up and see what they say. It's not a big deal, I'm just being nit-picky.
That sounds convenient.

The wheels remind me of BBS LM's.... but they look like they would be pain to clean....

I talked to Acutint and they pretty much told me the same thing.... Vinyl over the dot matrix.... I am thinking about going 35% though so I am not quite sure what it will look like.

Zaino.... So you don't have to do the whole step all over on your car.... All the initial process has been completed and you will just have to keep it up either with Z2 (prefered) or Z5.... I've always used Zaino carwash and Z6 in between. If you have any questions let me know.... I have soo many Zaino shine pics of the car if you ever want to see them :-0

I don't know if you noticed but if you open up the hood there is a Zaino Sticker towards the bottom of the hood which was a courtesy of Sal Zaino himself.... It is kind stealth there.....but it is there. I am so glad you bought my car.... Let me know if you would like a M3 in a year or two with proximately 4-5k miles
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 01:35 AM   #209
CEW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 e90 M3

Quote:
I talked to Acutint and they pretty much told me the same thing.... Vinyl over the dot matrix.... I am thinking about going 35% though so I am not quite sure what it will look like.
TTG - I had my E90 tinted at Accutint. I went with the 35% ceramic. I like it. Depending on the lighting conditions it can look almost black, but sometimes it looks really light. If you want it black then go darker. My friend had the same timt installed on his M3 coupe and it looks a little darker. Probably because there are fewer windows and therefore less light entering the car.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 03:58 AM   #210
barbados
First Lieutenant
Antigua and Barbuda
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
That sounds convenient.

The wheels remind me of BBS LM's.... but they look like they would be pain to clean....

Zaino.... So you don't have to do the whole step all over on your car.... All the initial process has been completed and you will just have to keep it up either with Z2 (prefered) or Z5.... I've always used Zaino carwash and Z6 in between. If you have any questions let me know.... I have soo many Zaino shine pics of the car if you ever want to see them :-0

I don't know if you noticed but if you open up the hood there is a Zaino Sticker towards the bottom of the hood which was a courtesy of Sal Zaino himself.... It is kind stealth there.....but it is there. I am so glad you bought my car.... Let me know if you would like a M3 in a year or two with proximately 4-5k miles
You're right - they are LM replicas, but are $3500 less and supposedly very decent quality.

If you go with black interior on the M3, that will make the 35% tint appear darker. 15% is a tad darker than I would prefer, although I really like that nobody can see in, even during the day. Have you considered going with 15% for the rear and rear side windows, but 35% for the front doors?

Sweet, that will save me a lot of work. This is my first time trying Zaino products and I just received some Z2, ZFX, and Z6 My friend sent me some instructions on how to use it, I'm going to give is a shot this weekend. Do you apply Zaino to the clear bra?

Very cool, I'll have to check that sticker out! I'm really happy that I bought your car too, I couldn't have found a used E92 anywhere that was taken care of as well. Please give me a heads up when you decide to sell the M3, I will probably be interested
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 06:26 PM   #211
TTG
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEW View Post
TTG - I had my E90 tinted at Accutint. I went with the 35% ceramic. I like it. Depending on the lighting conditions it can look almost black, but sometimes it looks really light. If you want it black then go darker. My friend had the same timt installed on his M3 coupe and it looks a little darker. Probably because there are fewer windows and therefore less light entering the car.
Thanks you for the input. I agree with you. I think I will go 35% all around.... i kinda like that lighter tint look

Quote:
You're right - they are LM replicas, but are $3500 less and supposedly very decent quality.

If you go with black interior on the M3, that will make the 35% tint appear darker. 15% is a tad darker than I would prefer, although I really like that nobody can see in, even during the day. Have you considered going with 15% for the rear and rear side windows, but 35% for the front doors?

Sweet, that will save me a lot of work. This is my first time trying Zaino products and I just received some Z2, ZFX, and Z6 My friend sent me some instructions on how to use it, I'm going to give is a shot this weekend. Do you apply Zaino to the clear bra?

Very cool, I'll have to check that sticker out! I'm really happy that I bought your car too, I couldn't have found a used E92 anywhere that was taken care of as well. Please give me a heads up when you decide to sell the M3, I will probably be interested
I would of gone 35% in the back window since you already have the shade back there if necessary..... but then 15% probably looks better with vinyl.

I ordered the M3 today and hopefully it should be here sometime in Jan.

If you need any help with the Zaino stuff we can coordinate a time to get together and I can go over everything with you. I believe I did a full treatment in Aug. So you should be set for a while keeping in mind that has never been out in rain until the day i sold it to you. So you there should be more than enough protection for a while.

Yeah, I am sure I won't keep the M3 more than 2 years.... We will definitely keep in touch... heck we can even do a photo shoot once the car gets here.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 07:44 PM   #212
TWiTCHY
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 AW E92 M3

Saw a black 335i sedan debadged heading towards Issaquah. Anyone?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 08:49 PM   #213
barbados
First Lieutenant
Antigua and Barbuda
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWiTCHY View Post
Saw a black 335i sedan debadged heading towards Issaquah. Anyone?
Great photography on your Flickr page!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 09:06 PM   #214
barbados
First Lieutenant
Antigua and Barbuda
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Thanks you for the input. I agree with you. I think I will go 35% all around.... i kinda like that lighter tint look

I would of gone 35% in the back window since you already have the shade back there if necessary..... but then 15% probably looks better with vinyl.

I ordered the M3 today and hopefully it should be here sometime in Jan.

If you need any help with the Zaino stuff we can coordinate a time to get together and I can go over everything with you. I believe I did a full treatment in Aug. So you should be set for a while keeping in mind that has never been out in rain until the day i sold it to you. So you there should be more than enough protection for a while.

Yeah, I am sure I won't keep the M3 more than 2 years.... We will definitely keep in touch... heck we can even do a photo shoot once the car gets here.
Congratulations on ordering the M3!

Thanks! I might take you up on that offer once winter passes, I think you'd cringe if you saw your car after a week of daily driving in this weather.

That would be great - I've ordered the Eibach ProKit and will place an order for the Koni FSDs and 19" Linea Corsa Lemans/Z2S soon, so it should be photo shoot ready by January I'm torn between silver or hyper black wheels, but am leaning hyper black for a slightly more aggressive look. I'm just worried that I might regret not getting silver, because it seems like a safer color that I'll probably still like in a couple years.

Decisions, decisions... Linea Corsa Z2S (CSL knockoffs)

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 11:51 PM   #215
superlubricity
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 C63, '08 X3, '04 Ranger

Garage List
Quote:

I've seen a that car before.

BTW, it is Linea Corse and the Z2S wheels aren't really CSL knockoffs or replicas. They are more like a CSL "style" wheel with a nice deep lip. I went with Hyper Silver to match the rest of the car's trim.

15% tinting in that photo, courtesy of Accutint in Bellevue.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2008, 02:54 AM   #216
barbados
First Lieutenant
Antigua and Barbuda
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by superlubricity View Post
I've seen a that car before.

BTW, it is Linea Corse and the Z2S wheels aren't really CSL knockoffs or replicas. They are more like a CSL "style" wheel with a nice deep lip. I went with Hyper Silver to match the rest of the car's trim.

15% tinting in that photo, courtesy of Accutint in Bellevue.
It's a beautiful car How have the Z2S been holding up in terms of finish and overall wheel quality? Would you purchase Linea Corsa wheels again?

BTW were those photos taken in Issaquah? It looks like Talus across the way...
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2008, 11:16 AM   #217
superlubricity
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It's a beautiful car How have the Z2S been holding up in terms of finish and overall wheel quality? Would you purchase Linea Corse wheels again?

BTW were those photos taken in Issaquah? It looks like Talus across the way...
Thank you. I'm very happy with the wheels. I've had no issues with the finish or wheel quality after 2500 miles. My only complaint would be that the front offset is a bit too aggressive for my liking. I bought from Zoeb@Wheeldude.com; great customer service.

Yep, those were taken in Issaquah. Good eye!

I'm heading out to the Highlands Park and Ride this morning to take some new photos now that the front lip is installed.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2008, 02:25 PM   #218
barbados
First Lieutenant
Antigua and Barbuda
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by superlubricity View Post
Thank you. I'm very happy with the wheels. I've had no issues with the finish or wheel quality after 2500 miles. My only complaint would be that the front offset is a bit too aggressive for my liking. I bought from Zoeb@Wheeldude.com; great customer service.

Yep, those were taken in Issaquah. Good eye!

I'm heading out to the Highlands Park and Ride this morning to take some new photos now that the front lip is installed.
Great to hear! Did you have to roll your fenders or do you experience any rubbing? I think I'm going to order a set (still undecided on Z2S or Lemans though, hrmmm) from Zoeb this weekend, with GS-D3 rubber and TPMS.

Ah, I thought so - I used to live in the Highlands. The views around there are simply stunning, excellent backdrop for some photos
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2008, 04:46 PM   #219
superlubricity
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Great to hear! Did you have to roll your fenders or do you experience any rubbing? I think I'm going to order a set (still undecided on Z2S or Lemans though, hrmmm) from Zoeb this weekend, with GS-D3 rubber and TPMS.

Ah, I thought so - I used to live in the Highlands. The views around there are simply stunning, excellent backdrop for some photos
No rubbing or rolling.

Go with the Lemans.

New photos here -> http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186371
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2008, 08:41 PM   #220
TTG
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Congratulations on ordering the M3!

Thanks! I might take you up on that offer once winter passes, I think you'd cringe if you saw your car after a week of daily driving in this weather.

That would be great - I've ordered the Eibach ProKit and will place an order for the Koni FSDs and 19" Linea Corsa Lemans/Z2S soon, so it should be photo shoot ready by January I'm torn between silver or hyper black wheels, but am leaning hyper black for a slightly more aggressive look. I'm just worried that I might regret not getting silver, because it seems like a safer color that I'll probably still like in a couple years.

Sure any time... Once the M3 gets here we can clean them together....

Wow, you are modding this car . If I were you I would go with the Z2S in silver. I don't know why but I just am not a big fan of the LM's. If you are planning on blacking out the car (shadow line trim) go with hyperblack but otherwise the trim around the windows will go along with silver much better.

I already have a list of stuff that I want to buy for the car I don't have... Mainly all cosmetic but fun stuff.... smoked reflectors, CF grill, alarm, euro fog light switch etc, etc.... Like the 335, I would like to leave the M pretty stock.

Let us know what you end up ordering for the car.
Appreciate 0