E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > correct footwell module

03-17-2007, 09:56 AM   #1
acizek
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5, G30 M550d, F01 750i

Garage List
2005 330d  [0.00]
correct footwell module

well I have been struggling to get my lights working correctly for a while and looks like I finally managed to find a solution (with a huge help from a great car electrician and a BMW parts manager).
I had retrofit xenons put in with all the wiring, footwell module and sensors for autolevelling (it is a must required by law where I live). But the lights did not work properly after the dealer did it - the high beams did not function as bixenons (used only the halogen for high beam which shouldn't be) and autolevelling did not work.
the guys at the dealer who installed it were blaming the lights saying that I need to get new ones (from them of course!). now it seems like they made a mistake (still need to make sure). what comes out is that maybe they put a wrong footwell module which might be causing all the problems. why?
they may have ordered the footwell module based on my VIN only which might not work as my car was with halogen and no alarm. now as I have xenons and alarm as well it might be that the footwell module does not recognize that and could be causing all sorts of issues.
this is the only thing we could have figured out so far, I am going to the dealer tomorrow and will post updates.
any comments from people who have done conversion, especially how they picked the right footwell module for their cars?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2009, 05:17 PM   #2
Mark20002
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328I X-Deive

Headlights

I too am having the same issue, my car has been at the dealership for over two weeks now. What is the part number that they ordered? This is becoming painful for me too. Please reply to me @ Panerai188@vzw.blackberry.net
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2010, 09:03 PM   #3
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark20002 View Post
I too am having the same issue, my car has been at the dealership for over two weeks now. What is the part number that they ordered? This is becoming painful for me too. Please reply to me @ Panerai188@vzw.blackberry.net
Try this: http://bmwfans.info/parts/catalog/E9...well_module_2/

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0