E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Injector cleaning

05-27-2021, 05:54 PM   #1
Iceze
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i 2008

Injector cleaning

Hi

Having got a 2008 320i E90, we haven't had it long but now have starting issues. After ruling out a few things, it seems to be the injector issues. The car is at 130k and it seemed to already have had a change of injectors in the past (unknown when but on of the couplers was missing!).

Were going down route of cleaning and servicing the injector. The other options of new genuine / China injectors seemed BER or too risky.

I just want to know how other members have fared after fully refurbing their injectors. I keep reading injectors last about 60-70k on these cars. Does cleaning last as long?

How about the China injectors? Experiences?

Any way of giving the injectors an easier life? The car is already on shell petrol.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 06:34 PM   #2
therealdb1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Graphite E93 335i

What revision injectors do you have?

There have been many "improvements" through the years and if yours were replaced more than a couple of years ago they could be several revisions behind the current ones.

What leads you to suspect the injectors? I'd rule out cheaper things like having the correct NGK spark plugs fitted and read for fault codes (with a BMW reader not a generic one) first.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 06:47 PM   #3
Iceze
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i 2008

The injectors are revision 11. One of the reasons I suspect it's been changed already.

We had the car on diagnostics which pointed to the injectors. Have already sent off the injectors to be tested and cleaned.

The worry now is how long the refurbed injectors would actually last. I know there probably isn't a definitive answer. Just hoping to hear members here have had luck.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2023, 02:05 AM   #4
micdev42
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 325i SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceze View Post
The injectors are revision 11. One of the reasons I suspect it's been changed already.

We had the car on diagnostics which pointed to the injectors. Have already sent off the injectors to be tested and cleaned.
Hi. I know this is a while ago, but what happened with your index 11 injectors? All good?
Appreciate 0