E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > DSC, DSB, TPMS failure after suspension mods

06-10-2021, 11:46 AM   #1
x77md
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: golf tsi

Just had New tracking rods and M3 control arms installed in the front and all new eccentric/camber bolts front and rear.

On my way back home from the garage I've had these error messages pop up. I've just had my alignment and the car is no longer driving as wonky as it did on the way home, but the lights remain on.

Has anybody had this happen to them? Will this just need codes clearing or is this bad N54 fate striking again for the third time this month

Any ideas what this might be?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-10-2021, 04:12 PM   #2
therealdb1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Graphite E93 335i

Could be a wheel sensor gone faulty (unlucky!) or possibly been disconnected for the suspension mods and not correctly connected up again.
If you cannot read for codes yourself go back to the company that fitted your new parts and get them to check their work as these symptoms appear more likely to be a result of what they have (have not) done.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2021, 07:10 PM   #3
x77md
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdb1 View Post
Could be a wheel sensor gone faulty (unlucky!) or possibly been disconnected for the suspension mods and not correctly connected up again.
If you cannot read for codes yourself go back to the company that fitted your new parts and get them to check their work as these symptoms appear more likely to be a result of what they have (have not) done.
Yeah, I'm going to get in touch with them and hopefully they can sort this out.

It didn't appear until I started cornering and was some distance from the garage on my route home. I initially thought it might be due to the misalignment being so bad (it was terrible) but having done the alignment on the same day, it's clearly another issue.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2021, 02:28 PM   #4
x77md
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Strangely enough… the codes have disappeared (for now) and the car is driving normal..

Odd but I'll take it
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2021, 01:51 PM   #5
mjn77
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 LCI Jerez Black

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Reset the steering wheel sensor. If you don’t have the device to do it, you can do a “soft” reset by turning the steering full lock to full lock a few times.

There are plenty of videos on YouTube.
Appreciate 0