E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > New led tail lights design?

03-04-2018, 07:14 PM   #1
Crematoriant
Thane
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i E82

New led tail lights design?

Hey guys. I just came across tail lights I've never seen before. They suddenly appeared in one e-shop in my country.

Does anyone have some pics of them mounted on car? I really would like to see how they looks.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2018, 01:18 AM   #2
Blueeyesredpanda
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 / F30

The white part is pretty ugly. Looks cheap. But night time looks good, F30 LCI replica
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2018, 04:00 AM   #3
Crematoriant
Thane
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i E82

There are actually 3 types of color.

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2018, 06:04 AM   #4
nvturbo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

the upper portion does look cheap. I'm sure they will work but not too confident about leak issues. Most of those cheap brands are prone to leak or have condensation
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2018, 09:51 AM   #5
delmarco
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi Deep Sea Blue

I'm surprised they didn't design them to be all red like the original F30 LCI tails they are copying.

I won't do it. I learned the HARD way about aftermarket lighting components as ugly and un-trendy as the OEMs maybe they are 1,000% more reliable and weatherproof than aftermarket replicas.

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE MY BMW E90 MODS:
http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...Mod&UcId=20832
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2018, 09:58 AM   #6
Ali-E90
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 323i (Cdn)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [8.00]
2007 BMW 323i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarco View Post
I'm surprised they didn't design them to be all red like the original F30 LCI tails they are copying.
I agree, all red would look great! I'm surprised at how few aftermarket tails have taken the all-red approach. I'm debating buying an aftermarket set (not necessarily these ones), and still have to customize them with vinyl to get the all red look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarco View Post
I won't do it. I learned the HARD way about aftermarket lighting components as ugly and un-trendy as the OEMs maybe they are 1,000% more reliable and weatherproof than aftermarket replicas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvturbo View Post
I'm sure they will work but not too confident about leak issues. Most of those cheap brands are prone to leak or have condensation
This is true in MANY cases, but I wouldn't say ALL cases (or 1,000% more reliable), as there are definitely some aftermarkets that do hold up well. Most people with Depo headlights seem to be ok, and I've had zero issues with my Rolling Gears headlights (though some others have complained, I admit).

Ultimately it's up to buyer to research, and beware. Of course one could always add extra sealant before installation too!

But good to call it out for those who just assume aftermarket is the same quality as OEM, which it rarely is.
      03-09-2018, 11:25 AM   #7
nvturbo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali-323i View Post

This is true in MANY cases, but I wouldn't say ALL cases (or 1,000% more reliable), as there are definitely some aftermarkets that do hold up well. Most people with Depo headlights seem to be ok, and I've had zero issues with my Rolling Gears headlights (though some others have complained, I admit).

Ultimately it's up to buyer to research, and beware. Of course one could always add extra sealant before installation too!

But good to call it out for those who just assume aftermarket is the same quality as OEM, which it rarely is.
When I still had my MK6 GTI, I had Depo LED tail lights and no issues or leaks. Not all aftermarket tail lights are junk. Most are.

As for OEM being better quality, that's not true either. The HELLA Genuine LED tail lights for those cars had leak issues and portions of the LEDs (inside the units) would often go out. You would expect better quality for set of $750+ tail lights.
Appreciate 1
Ali-E90378.50