E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > BOSE QC2 Headphones - Advice Wanted!!

04-17-2009, 12:44 PM   #1
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 xDrive35d M Sport

Garage List
BOSE QC2 Headphones - Advice Wanted!!

Im wanting some decent headphones - and i definitely want AROUND the ear style - as opposed to ON the ear and obviously not IN the ear. I want the cups that sit over and around your ear. Anyway, i like the look of the Quiet Comfort 2's - just wondered if anyone knew whether they were any good?? Or if there are any other brands that are better for similar money. Im looking at a few pairs on eBay - dont want to buy brand new and pay top dollar - looking for a bargain 2nd hand pair ideally with the carry case and extras etc. Any advice would be appreciated. If anyone has a pair they want to sell then equally let me know. Thanks!! Steve
Attached Images

04-17-2009, 01:28 PM   #2
Carrera RSR
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: BMW

Steve, I spent a fair bit of time trialing some cans at the end of last year including the Bose QC's. Spent around an hour in the Bose store Westfield switching between the two and you definitely want around the ear and not the on ear versions. On the ear were better for portability but not sound insulation. So was about to part with a lot of money but decided to go the the Apple store. Trialed some Sony's, Sennheisers and these Beats Studios by Monster. The clarity of highs and mids were comparable to the Bose but the base beat them hands down. No distortion at full chat especially on hip hop, dance or any base heavy sounds. Bose QC 2's beat the competition up to £300 price range so I can recommend them to you. However try out the Beats first. They have an SRP of £275 but I got them new on ebay for £220 from Italy including postage. A lot of money for cans yes but I use them almost every day so I can justify it. They come with a good carry case, two cables - one with mic and one without, works with iPhones with the mic cable, needs two AAA batteries which so far have lasted around 2 - 3 months a time. Only down side is they are a very bling, but I quite liked that, and they're featured a fair bit in music videos eg. Lady Gaga, Pussycat Dolls plus a few hip hop ones.

http://www.beatsbydre.com/

Anyway that's my two penneth. Up to you really
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-17-2009, 02:10 PM   #3
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Thank you matey - they look awsome!! Ive looked around and probably the best deal on these is via Amazon at around £230 inc postage. Just trying to decide whether they are worth the extra £100 or so over the Bose QC2's???
      04-17-2009, 02:32 PM   #4
Carrera RSR
Colonel
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwbailey View Post
Thank you matey - they look awsome!! Ive looked around and probably the best deal on these is via Amazon at around £230 inc postage. Just trying to decide whether they are worth the extra £100 or so over the Bose QC2's???
£100 is a big difference you may not want to stretch to for sound alone. Albeit the sound of the Beats for me are a step up from the Bose. The Bose for me were too conservative looking and they wanted another £50 - 60 for the mic cable to use with my iphone, so the price difference wasn't as much. The Beats look as sharp as they sound. Piano black with red highlights look very stylish to me. I'm around West London on Monday if you want a go on mine.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2009, 02:39 PM   #5
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrerarsr View Post
I'm around West London on Monday if you want a go on mine.

Appreciate 0
      04-17-2009, 02:44 PM   #6
q_jonblaze
Captain
Rep
Drives: e93

dont know about the bose ones but i have listend to a beats headpiece while in best buy and it had me standing there for a hour!

if u ask anyone who knows about hip hop, ull find dr. dre has a huge reputuation in it (produced big names like snoop, eminem and so on) as one of the the best producers and i do believe that the job role requires good headphones.....so i doubt he'd put his name on nothing but the best
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2009, 03:03 PM   #7
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Im a big hippity hoppity fan - so i know all about Dre - i was a huge NWA fan - F**K DA POLICE!!!!
      04-17-2009, 03:40 PM   #8
Carrera RSR
Colonel
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by willhollin View Post
Left myself open for that one....thanks for spotting it Will
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2009, 03:40 PM   #9
q_jonblaze
Captain
Rep
Drives: e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwbailey View Post
Im a big hippity hoppity fan - so i know all about Dre - i was a huge NWA fan - F**K DA POLICE!!!!
niiiiiceeeeeeee
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2009, 04:24 AM   #10
Ti Rich
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S D

QC2's are MUCH better than QC3's is being used on an aircraft for long haul flights. I have been through about 10 sets of noise cancelling headphones and the BOSE QC2 are the best so far although i would like to try the new Sony Digital NC headphones too.

BUT

if the noise cancelling is not important to you there are much better headphones available.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2023, 12:11 PM   #11
Hamarinn
Registered
Rep
Drives: Volkswagen

Yes, QC2's are MUCH better than QC3
Appreciate 0