E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 335xi pulling to right or left when braking during rain/snowstorm

11-20-2020, 06:09 AM   #89
dpaul
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335xi, 2011 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alloutofdonuts View Post
Dpaul thanks for the response. Unfortunately I don’t have the NCSExpert nor do I know how to use it. I’d like to look into it, but I feel it would end in disappointment lol. I’m not that good with stuff like that.
I hear ya.

However, keep a couple of things in mind:

1) There are many, many threads about how to use BMW Standard Tools (the suite consists of NCSExpert, INPA, WinKFP, NFS, Tool32). So there are plenty of forum contributors who can and will help you through issues with installation and operation.

2) You cannot do any permanent damage with NCSExpert or INPA, which are the applications you will use 99% of the time. Any mistake you make can be easily corrected.

3) You will learn a lot about your vehicle and how it operates which is very satisfying. You'll also save a ton of money when a problem like the one you are having arises or you decide you'd like some custom coding for added bling.

4) BMW Standard Tools is free (https://www.bimmergeeks.net/downloads). All you need is a $45 cable and a basic (i.e. simple, cheap, old) laptop running Windows natively or in emulation.

Best of luck!
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2020, 07:58 PM   #90
forrest
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335xi

I found this thread doing research because I just recently started having this problem with my car, a 2009 335xi. A couple days ago I bought the bimmergeeks ProTool and turned off the brake drying. I’ve done a couple hundred miles of driving in the rain in the last couple days and have yet to have a problem since disabling it.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2023, 01:44 PM   #91
AD18
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Azurite Black E92 335i DCT

Wanted to revive this thread. Are you guys finding you're still experiencing this?

Heavy rain in the UK today highlighted once again this old problem of squirming under initial braking. It definitely took me by surprise as my car starting veering off the road!

I can easily replicate it on the motorway after driving some distance without needing use of brakes. Second application is absolutely fine which makes me still think it's the brake drying feature not working and its that film of water on the discs thats being removed with that initial application.
My question though, is there even any way of testing if that system is/isn't working? I don't have the diagnostic equipment but I'd have hoped it would throw a code or log something.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2023, 08:32 PM   #92
Tepr05
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i, 2017 F80

Yes still happens to me, same exact symptoms. Haven’t tried correcting it yet, going to try to re-grease my caliper pins first.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2023, 08:27 AM   #93
zipstic
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 335xi

Garage List
2008 335xi Coupe  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tepr05 View Post
Yes still happens to me, same exact symptoms. Haven’t tried correcting it yet, going to try to re-grease my caliper pins first.
Let us know if that works. I've been experiencing this for years now. I tend to not drive in heavy rain or be very cautious and lightly tap the brakes occasionally.
      01-09-2024, 06:16 PM   #94
TLMNICK
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F30, E91, E93

Bumping this old thread again.

I've been experiencing this issue on my 2011 E91 328i Xdrive for as long as i've owned it (approx 4 years). I've been trying to solve it ever since. So far I've had an alignment, new tires, new pads/rotors all around, new front thrust arms and tie rod ends. Recently I rebuilt all 4 calipers with new seals, pistons, and pins. Installed new flex lines at the same time. Using Bimmergeeks ProTool, I disabled the disc wiping feature. I experience the same issue (vehicle pulling to the left after driving through the rain for a few mins). The faster I drive the more aggressive the pull is.

I will add that the steering wheel stays dead straight, and I could be wrong, but I feel like the car is swerving from the rear. If I time it well enough, I can steer slightly to the right as I'm braking, and that will compensate enough to keep the car straight.

I ordered a complete set of rear control arms from FCP. I'm hoping after installation and alignment I'll be able to report good news. We'll see.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2024, 08:07 AM   #95
zipstic
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 335xi

Garage List
2008 335xi Coupe  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLMNICK View Post
I ordered a complete set of rear control arms from FCP. I'm hoping after installation and alignment I'll be able to report good news. We'll see.
Have you been able to install your rear control arms? Any noticeable difference?
Appreciate 0