E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Asking price thoughts for selling my 2005 e90 325i SE Saloon Auto

02-10-2018, 10:20 AM   #1
andyzdeman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i Auto

Asking price thoughts for selling my 2005 e90 325i SE Saloon Auto

Keen to hear what you guys reckon would be a reasonable asking price for my car. I think I am going to put it on gumtree and i'd appreciate any selling advice.

Previously owned by my dad then me for the past 5 years or so. Neither of us are racers. It's done 153,000 miles with no mechanical issues. MOT'ed fine.
Obviously will be transferring the private reg off the car before sale.

Bluetooth stopped working 6 months ago. BMW dealership broke the Pro radio while trying to fix it so its a brand new replacement.
PDC, CD changer and bluetooth haven't worked since then, but I chose not to spend the £400 for a new MULF and dealership fitting. It should cost about £150 to fix at a more reasonable mechanics.

Initial Spec:

2005 325i SE Saloon Auto N52 2.5
Jet black
LifeShine
Lemon Dakota leather
Brush aluminium trim
Electric front seats and driver memory
Lumbar support front seats
Heating front seats
Storage compartment pack
Sun protection glass
Floor mats
Parking distance control - not functioning
6 CD changer - not functioning
Bluetooth telephone preparation - not functioning
(Needs new MULF module ~£150)

Additional spec:

BMW Performance
Front splitters (carbon fibre)
Mirror caps (carbon fibre)
Front grill (black)
Sport gear shift selector knob + gaiter (aluminium & alcantara)
Handbrake handle + gaiter (aluminium & alcantara)

Genuine BMW
Dark line rear lights
Interior roof/door/floor LED lights
Sunglasses holder replacement for grab handle

Autocarbon.de®
Steering wheel (carbon fibre & alcantara)
Steering wheel button surrounds (carbon fibre)
Instrument cluster trim (carbon fibre)
Vehicle emblem (carbon fibre) - unused, not yet fitted

DecalWerks
Exterior overlay trunk spoiler strip (carbon vinyl)

3M DiNOC
Interior overlay trim (carbon vinyl)
Exterior overlay window pillar (carbon vinyl)

Mechunik™
BMW specific mobile dash mount bracket

Misc.
Smoked LED side indicator lights
Auto trunk opening retrofit
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2018, 11:50 AM   #2
Adam1990
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330I

Blimey! Considering age and mileage this looks like a nice tidy motor.

Only thing I would say is if you have an original steering wheel maybe worth fitting it as this sort of thing could scare a few people off.

In terms of price it’s a hard one being an SE and higher miles. But best thing to do is see what We Buy any car offer you and use that as a minimum and work to a price you feel comfortable selling it for.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2018, 12:48 PM   #3
andyzdeman
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks for the advice!

Thanks Adam.

Ah yes I'd forgotten not everyone shares my carbon obsession thanks for the polite reminder Luckily I have a standard wheel I can put on if needed.

My original plan was auction but I figured i've done all the hard work keeping it in good condition.

I've checked out WBAC and it's a start. I'm a realist, but had been a little encouraged by what some people are asking for similar.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2018, 02:18 AM   #4
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640d sport/f31 330d x drive

that wheel will sell well.take it off and any other mods,they will decrease the value,,even though the value of your car is low,,id say 2k max..but budget for £1500
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2018, 02:25 AM   #5
andyzdeman
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks. Very useful info again.

Do you reckon mods will reduce the price even on somewhere like gumtree?
I figured they definitely wouldn’t help at auction but thought maybe a young guy on gumtree might appreciate them.

Maybe you’re right swapping back to standard parts would generate a bit of cash selling them separately but I wasn’t sure the second hand value was worth the hassle for anything other than the steering wheel and maybe black lines. K
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2018, 05:28 AM   #6
Adam1990
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330I

I don’t think the mods will hurt the value too much IMO. But Would just put off certain people meaning you might not get as many calls as say a completely standard car.

You could list it as it is and see if you get any interest as it is to save stripping all the extras.

Pricing wise... If it drives and looks as good condition in as it is in the photos you should get more than 2k for it, if I paid 2k for any BMW I would expect something that is ready to go to the scrap yard personally.

Just look on that Facebook Page bmw selling and swaps and will see some real sheds on there and people asking the best part of 5k for them.

Good luck with the sale and I’m sure first to see will buy.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2018, 05:52 AM   #7
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640d sport/f31 330d x drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam1990 View Post
I don’t think the mods will hurt the value too much IMO. But Would just put off certain people meaning you might not get as many calls as say a completely standard car.

You could list it as it is and see if you get any interest as it is to save stripping all the extras.

Pricing wise... If it drives and looks as good condition in as it is in the photos you should get more than 2k for it, if I paid 2k for any BMW I would expect something that is ready to go to the scrap yard personally.

Just look on that Facebook Page bmw selling and swaps and will see some real sheds on there and people asking the best part of 5k for them.

Good luck with the sale and I’m sure first to see will buy.
yeh.folk try their luck on gumtree as its fre to list their cars,,well for 3 or 4 per year,then it costs to list morethan the allowed amount..i have sold my last 2 cars via gumtree...never bother with e bay as its just full of noobs asking thick questions and bidding and not turning up,,tried it once 10 years ago never again.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2018, 12:13 PM   #8
andyzdeman
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks for the help.
Now sold so can be removed if mods want to tidy up
Appreciate 0