E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Aux Fan Not Turning On

05-30-2019, 12:31 AM   #1
xanman72
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

Aux Fan Not Turning On

My car has 100k miles on it. I recently got the compressor and fan replaced because AC was no longer cold.

After idling my car at home for 10-15 minutes I got a yellow coolant light. I checked my OBDII reader and had a coolant temp of about 248F. I also noticed that my aux fan never kicked on, even when running the AC on max (ambient temp was about 58F). Should I expect to see my fan turn on with this high of a coolant temp? Or does it only kick on when the AC is on?

I checked the fan fuse in my fusebox and it is not broken. Is there any way to force the fan to go on?

Could this be something else I'm not considering? Fuel Pump/Thermostat?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2019, 07:30 PM   #2
BustedKnuckleBMW
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

AUX FAN NOT WORKING 335i

Ok let me help you out on this one...I came on here to post my experience with all this biz when it comes to cooling.

I have a 07 335i N54 130k miles

I read the spend $1500 and make your N54 awesome article....so i did all they require to accomplish awesomeness.

WELL.....after all that my car has been an absolute nightmare to say the least lol.

For the passed 6 months between the parts i keep ordering, towes, lost time on weekends ive spent thousands!!

Car keeps blowing cooling fans, water pumps kept throwing codes for speed deviation and communication and is now on its 3rd water pump bc i finally bought the expensive one! So after burning up this 2nd cooling fan I finally broke down and took it in to BMW ( mistake).... all i got was ridiculed that i need to take off performance parts for them to even touch it then they will fix it. ...so i finally raised enough hell and got the tech on the phone. HE in said to be sure and buy THE EXPENSIVE 600 WATT BMW fan $800 not the 300$ one....car needs the good one in order to deal with heat..cheap ones burn out too quickly and can't handle the workload.

So since they wouldnt touch my car with all those parts on it i took it home...BMW oddly didnt have the fan in stock that day...so i ordered one on net...$750 shipped.

I'll fill everyone in if this fixes the issue..Im $2k into this so far
Appreciate 0