E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Homelink (Garage Opener) for condo residents

02-06-2008, 01:24 PM   #23
e92drivver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipersix View Post
sorry to hijack the thread but, I would just like to ask if the 2008 328i sedan comes with a homelink system. If not, where can I get a homelink system to have it installed in my 328i?
Not sure about Canada. In the US HomeLink is part of the auto-dimming/compass/Homelink rear view mirror that comes with the premium package. No ZPP, no Home Link.

If you already have the auto-dimming/compass mirror there is a DIY for changing the auto-dimming/compass mirror to auto-dimming/compass/HomeLink mirror: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71389. If you dont have the auto-dimming/compass mirror you dont have power to the mirror so its more complicated upgrade. I think the Universal Transmitter Mirror (HomeLink mirror) lists for $525US on accessories.bmwusa.com.

Before you spend $525 just to change your mirror with a HomeLink one, consider spending $30 for a mini Skylink remote. They are small enough to fit into the ashtray and they do the trick. Look at the 68 or 69N (68C and 69C in Canada). US model 68 fit perfectly in my ashtray until I figured out how to program my HomeLink.
US site: http://www.skylinkhome.com/us/produc...ugdt_main.html
Canadian site: http://www.skylinkhome.com/can/produ...ugdt_main.html

Last edited by e92drivver; 02-06-2008 at 07:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 09:02 PM   #24
SGxi
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 328xi

Garage List
2007 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
sorry to hijack the thread but, I would just like to ask if the 2008 328i sedan comes with a homelink system. If not, where can I get a homelink system to have it installed in my 328i?
If you have 3 buttons on the left side of your mirror, then you have homelink.

If you have auto-dimming mirror already, it's a simple plug and play to install (basically replacing your current mirror with a new one), if you don't, then it gets more complicated.
      02-07-2008, 12:03 AM   #25
MB330
Major
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2018 BMW 330i  [0.00]
2006 E90 330i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e92drivver View Post
Thank You! I've seen the instructions on various websites like the HomeLink site. But they weren't all in on place so I didn't combine the steps until I looked at your document. Your post from a year ago helped me get my HL working. Thanks!
You welcome. I had a print out copy in my car (actualy two copy - one in trunk) and I can't found soft copy.
      02-07-2008, 12:15 AM   #26
snipersix
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Retired 2017 F87 M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
ow ic, I didn't get the premium package. Is there any other way I can get it?
2017 M2 Coupe:|Black Sapphire Metallic|DCT|Nav/Idrive|M Performance CF Spoiler|M Performance CF DCT Interior| M Performance Gloss Black Kidney Grills| M Performance Steel Pedals | Eventuri CF CAI | 19" Brixton Rims | KW V3 Clubsport |
Retired: |2008 328i Sedan|Montego Blue|
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2008, 11:53 AM   #27
e92drivver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
ow ic, I didn't get the premium package. Is there any other way I can get it?
I answered that in my post.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2008, 11:16 PM   #28
Ucan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

I think key is to hold the remote behind the rear view mirror while you are programming the HL buttons. I have come across several users who could program just by using this trick.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2008, 09:51 AM   #29
KanosWRX
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 AW 335i / 1994 Miata R

I couldn't get mine to work following the directions in the manual. What I ended up doing which others have said worked is this.

Press buttons 1 and 3 until it blinks rapidly (I think everyone can get this part to work)

Then press the button you want to program and the remote at the same time. Place the remote behind the mirror close to the window. I then randomly pressed the button a bunch of times holding it a random number of seconds from half a second to two seconds. Basically just trying to get everything I could covered. Took about 15-20 seconds of doing this but then all of a sudden it started blinking fast
      02-23-2008, 07:04 PM   #30
shipill
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Macan S

didnt work
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 08:29 AM   #31
georgost
Private
Rep
Drives: E39 540i M-Tech

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipill View Post
Can someone help me! I have read every thread on this site .

I can press the outer two buttons and get the system to reset itself. But I can not get my door transmitter to link with the homelink buttons on the rear view mirror. the problem is I live in a condominium please tell me what to do ?
SHIPILL....you aren't crazy. I was having the same issue, so did some research on the transmitter used for my condo coplex. They use Door King.
The below is directly from the DoorKing websit:

With automobile manufacturers building code copiers directly into todays cars, it's easy for a supposedly "secure" RF transmitter code to get into the wrong hands. This can't happen with MicroPLUS RF controls. MicroPLUS RF controls provide you with the highest level of security available with RF access controls. Our coding and encryption schemes are not shared with other producers, resulting in transmitter codes that cannot be duplicated or copied. With MicroPLUS controls, you are assured that only the original intended transmitter will activate your access system. MicroPLUS controls are not compatible with the Homelink system found in many automobiles.

Hope this atleast explains tyour problem!

Strati
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 08:30 AM   #32
georgost
Private
Rep

[QUOTE=georgost;4853047]SHIPILL....you aren't crazy. I was having the same issue, so did some research on the transmitter used for my condo coplex. They use Door King.

With automobile manufacturers building code copiers directly into todays cars, it's easy for a supposedly "secure" RF transmitter code to get into the wrong hands. This can't happen with MicroPLUS RF controls. MicroPLUS RF controls provide you with the highest level of security available with RF access controls. Our coding and encryption schemes are not shared with other producers, resulting in transmitter codes that cannot be duplicated or copied. With MicroPLUS controls, you are assured that only the original intended transmitter will activate your access system. MicroPLUS controls are not compatible with the Homelink system found in many automobiles.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 08:30 AM   #33
georgost
Private
Rep

SHIPILL....you aren't crazy. I was having the same issue, so did some research on the transmitter used for my condo coplex. They use Door King.

With automobile manufacturers building code copiers directly into todays cars, it's easy for a supposedly "secure" RF transmitter code to get into the wrong hands. This can't happen with MicroPLUS RF controls. MicroPLUS RF controls provide you with the highest level of security available with RF access controls. Our coding and encryption schemes are not shared with other producers, resulting in transmitter codes that cannot be duplicated or copied. With MicroPLUS controls, you are assured that only the original intended transmitter will activate your access system. MicroPLUS controls are not compatible with the Homelink system found in many automobiles.[/QUOTE]
Appreciate 0