E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > My Recent BMW Purchase... Long Story

06-05-2012, 03:26 PM   #1
tshoww
oG
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Alpine White 335i e90

Thumbs down My Recent BMW Purchase... Long Story

Hi everyone I am looking for opinions to see if i'm over reacting on a recent purchase/service. Recently I bought myself an e92 from a local BMW dealer here in Nevada called Desert BMW of Henderson on 05/12/12 as a CPO with maintenance package. Upon purchasing the vehicle there were 2 issues that needed to be fixed, the first was the aux port in the arm rest was broken because the piece was cut out and pushed down, second an interior piece was popped out and needed to be fixed properly.

Since 05/12/12 was a Saturday service was closed so my salesman told me to call him next week to arrange an appointment. On Monday 05/14/12 I tried calling my salesman numerous amounts of times to schedule an appointment but he was never "available". Finally later that week I got ahold of him and he transferred me over to service to schedule an appointment. That pissed me off because if I knew I could call service first I would of but was instructed to call him specifically.

The appointment was made for 05/24/12 to fix the aux port and popped out interior piece. While scheduling the appointment I asked the associate to note on there that some things have shown up from owning the car for less then a week. The thing that went noticed and broken during the first 4 days of owning the vehicle were the windshield has a deep scratch in it that cannot be cleaned off, and the rear window sunshade magically stopped working after a couple days.

Today 06/05/12 I am still without my car as my salesman told me the first piece he ordered to fix the aux port wasn't the right one so he had to reorder it after I waited in anticipation for a week. He informed me the car would be ready late Monday 06/04/12, well on that Monday I received no call from him and it was getting around 4 P.M. It took me several long, patient attempts to even get ahold of him as he was always "with another client" or "out on a drive" even though when I was told he was "out on a drive" I got connected to service and he answered saying they got in the piece and would have my car ready mid afternoon Tuesday 06/05/12. I just received a call saying it is ready for pickup so I will be on my way now to get it.

The worst part to me is that the two issues I mentioned of the windshield and the rear window sunshade being scratched, and broken they will not touch. The windshield will be around $400 to get replaced, and the rear sun shade will cost upwards of $1000 to fix. What makes me mad the most was the windshield was like that when I bought it and the sunshade obviously wasn't working properly as it broke within the first few days of ownership yet they will not do anything. The salesman and serviceman say they can't do anything and I need to talk to the used car manager but it will be obvious he won't do anything either.

Am I over reacting or would you be pissed too if a car you just bought from a dealer took over 2 weeks in service and was told preexisting issues will cost you around $1400-2000 to fix? The salesman promised me a 2nd key as well but keeps telling me that the old owners are out of town....Sorry for the long write up just wanted other BMW owners opinions.

| It's not about the miles per gallon, it's about the smiles per gallon |
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 12:55 PM   #2
thegrinchboy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi, '18 X1, '21 M2C

Garage List
Yes. I would be PO'ed. They should provide you with loaner, but 2 weeks is ridiculous...

1. Windshield - Not sure what you can do there. If the car doesn't pass inspection then they are on the hook
2. Rear window sunshade - If the vehicle is CPO, then any BMW dealer should fix it for maximum $50 deductible.

Personally going through a CPO purchase issue with Princeton BMW in NJ, as well. BMW USA lost the title, now I am sitting on a car that I can't drive b/c I can't register it. Accordingly to them it will be another 3 weeks! Since I am out of state they want to get a rental such as a GM/Ford/etc. My feedback was "NO" I bought and paid for a BMW to drive a BMW not a GM/Ford, therefore I should be comp'ed something similar for a rental. If I wanted a GM/Ford, I would only pay for GM/Ford. Still battling it out. Good luck with your situation!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 08:17 PM   #3
ramez75
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 640i xDrive GC (F06)

Good thread, because I ran into such an issue last year 08/2011 when I got my car from a BMW PA dealer. A couple of issues I identified during the purchase and they fixed it because I refused to complete the transaction till they fix it. I guess as long as you dont pay a down payment or sign any papers they will do whatever you tell them but once you pay and sign you are on your own.
So there was a big scratch on the driver side skirt and things in the back seat that are latches for a child seat were broken. So since I noticed them before the purchase they fixed them ofcourse I had to wait 2 weeks but oh well then. Well got my car and drove it home and looking at it, i star seeing other thing like the weatherstrip on the front windshield was not right, I guess they put some sort of glue to hide it. In the trunk I was missing a piece of plastic, I think its for holding the bag holders, etc. I was so pissed and told them they have the worse service and I will never recommend them to anyone........So they send me a survey after few days.....ofcourse I gave them all 0's etc.....

I dont think you are over reacting...........I would be pissed, its not like you are paying a couple of dollars
      10-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #4
EVO_S4
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
2009 BMW  [8.24]
if those issue was know before purchase I would have walked away til they fixed the issue, most i would have done was put a deposit for the car. once you buy the car the sale dont gave a crap about you
      10-11-2012, 01:10 AM   #5
Zero.7
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 340i AW M-Sport

Definitely be pissed. You can try contacting BMWUSA and telling them what you just told us. They may be able to better assist you. Purchasing a BMW should be exciting and fun...it's too bad you had such a bad experience. GL.

'16 f30 AW 340i M-sport
8-speed Auto
BMW ///M Performance Power and Sound Kit with Carbon Tips / Gloss Black Performance grilles
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 11:18 AM   #6
2jzn54
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 335i 6MT

Regarding the second key and old owners.. Not your problem. They need to order you a new key..
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #7
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Regarding appointment, sorry but seems like common sense that you'd call the service dept. For every car I've owned (VW, Infiniti and BMW) I always made appointments through service, not sales.

The delay in parts is annoying for sure but I don't think you'd get a loaner over something small like an aux port. The windshield is something that should've been spotted prior to purchase, else the dealer has no way of knowing the car was sold like that or if the damage was incurred after the transfer of ownership. The sunshade should be covered under CPO, or at very least I'd think so.