E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Wagner Catted DP N55 Review

04-22-2020, 01:52 PM   #89
ferocity02
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladooo View Post
Thank you for this & unfortunate the lengths you had to go to install it!
From reading other posts it seems the fitment issues are common with the 135i & not so much if any with the 335i...

Also, just to confirm the sound, its not raspy/screechy?? As would prefer a more Deeper tone.
It's not raspy. I had a VRSF catless before this one and that was raspy. The wagner is a nice balance between stock and catless. Only bummer is that you cannot hear the turbine whistle through the wagner like you can with the catless.

2013 135is DCT Carbon Black Metallic

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2020, 02:25 PM   #90
Ladooo
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i e92 2012 N55

I'm favouring the Wagner Catted DP because was impressed with their Intercooler so thought keep the brand same. I will try email Wagner to get confirmation on any fitment issues with 335i & feedback.

On another note... from your post I see in pic you have the Black injen intake?? How is it doing?? Did you notice any difference after/before DP installed?
As I recently installed the same intake on my car & the intake/turbo sounds are good so far.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 12:18 AM   #91
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Thanks, how much would it work out in total from US?
As mentioned above can you advice of any fitment issues were resolved or changes made to the part??
gasket and clamps are not included with the downpipe, you can re-use the stock ones or buy new hardware locally

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2020, 09:56 AM   #92
Ladooo
Rep

Just to update on fitment isues for a N55 335i, reply from Wagner UK:

"Thanks for your email.
We did have an issue over a year ago of some lambda flanges being installed in the wrong orientation. These has long since been resolved.
We are not aware of any flange issues. Also it is worth getting new gaskets from BMW as we don't supply these with the kit"

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2020, 06:56 PM   #93
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:

"Thanks for your email.
We did have an issue over a year ago of some lambda flanges being installed in the wrong orientation. These has long since been resolved.
We are not aware of any flange issues. Also it is worth getting new gaskets from BMW as we don't supply these with the kit"

Appreciate 0
      11-18-2020, 07:42 PM   #94
Ladooo
Rep

Hi everyone, just to update, got the Wagner Catted Down pipe for my e92 N55 335i 2012 RHD, pictures attached

Happy to report on this latest version, as I believe there's been a few, had no issues with the flange sizes or o2 sensors location & fitment.
Driven approx 200 miles since & no error codes

Installed myself & most of it went smoothly, luckily no rusted or seized bolts/nuts/sensors/connectors etc. However, it still took many hours due to the very tight access to the bolt on the clamp at the turbo as the engine mount/bracket is literally right under it!
Also, initially had a slight leak at the left exhaust connection, see pic, & found that removing the "Flange Steady Bracket" gave that additional slight clearance to seal properly! This issue is similar to what "Dan_Q" reported.

Thank you to everyone that helped & "Freelo" for the review & agree with the improved sound & performance! The smell also increased slightly but not unpleasant at all.

Regarding the performance, with MHD stage 1+ with upgraded FMIC & intake, the performance increase overall throughout the rev range was great.
But now going to MHD stage 2+ with the DP the gains are more mid to high end rev range & the car also now slides/loses traction more than before so definitely need a tyre upgrade next!

Will update after few more weeks of testing & if anything changes.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      11-18-2020, 10:34 PM   #95
ferocity02
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is

Quote:

"Thanks for your email.

I was one of the ones that had the O2 bung put in the wrong spot. I tried to get them to replace it but they wouldn't admit fault and basically told me to go pack sand. Very disappointed. I had to fix it myself.
Appreciate 1
      11-24-2020, 08:16 AM   #96
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hi everyone, just to update, got the Wagner Catted Down pipe for my e92 N55 335i 2012 RHD, pictures attached

Happy to report on this latest version, as I believe there's been a few, had no issues with the flange sizes or o2 sensors location & fitment.
Driven approx 200 miles since & no error codes

Installed myself & most of it went smoothly, luckily no rusted or seized bolts/nuts/sensors/connectors etc. However, it still took many hours due to the very tight access to the bolt on the clamp at the turbo as the engine mount/bracket is literally right under it!
Also, initially had a slight leak at the left exhaust connection, see pic, & found that removing the "Flange Steady Bracket" gave that additional slight clearance to seal properly! This issue is similar to what "Dan_Q" reported.

Thank you to everyone that helped & "Freelo" for the review & agree with the improved sound & performance! The smell also increased slightly but not unpleasant at all.

Regarding the performance, with MHD stage 1+ with upgraded FMIC & intake, the performance increase overall throughout the rev range was great.
But now going to MHD stage 2+ with the DP the gains are more mid to high end rev range & the car also now slides/loses traction more than before so definitely need a tyre upgrade next!

Will update after few more weeks of testing & if anything changes.
Congrats, the downpipe looks great

Appreciate 0