E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Official Montreal Members Thread (#4)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-23-2014, 10:34 PM   #2509
kenneth
Major General
kenneth's Avatar
Canada
115
Rep
8,727
Posts

Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
Anyone planning on checking out the Montreal Auto Show this week? I was planning on heading over during the weekday to have a look see at the M3/M4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
Perfect. My wife is the market for an M or AMG. Me, a new track toy, so the Crevette might fit the bill. I should be fun to have a look see.

So, no other takers ... ?
I have been trying to go since Tuesday during the day, but busy like hell. I'll give it a try tomorrow around 2-4pm. That's the plan anyways, may not work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
Anyone want a Jay Z ticket for Jan 24? I have one to sell.
Don't even know his songs. Katy Perry might interest me

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherinelam View Post
I went on saturday and sunday.
Very nice!
There was the M235i as well.
Disappointing M235i: 1) LSD is a dealer installed option 2) 3550 lbs around. Come on BMW you are being passed by everybody else now

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherinelam View Post
Nothing really blew me away besides the M3 and M4.
I did like the CLA AMG, however i found the inside to be dismal.
Everyone was around the corvette.

The GLA is sooooo ugly!
I have to see them in person, so far pics of M3/M4 has not moved me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
Apex Race Parts is having another group buy for their EC-7 rims. Classy, tough as all get out, light weight and reasonably priced.
I got the email too, but not sure what next car will be
__________________
SB, Terra, 6MT. Only a few mods here and there.....nothing extreme!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2014, 09:47 PM   #2510
jgalaxy
Gearing
jgalaxy's Avatar
Canada
47
Rep
3,851
Posts

Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (3)

I spent a few hours yesterday and today watching the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship (New for this year as an amalgamation of American Le Mans and Rolex Sports Car Series), the Rolex24, held at Daytona. This is where you essentially have 4 different classes of cars all racing at the same time making for some pretty exciting race. Good too see that GM and Ford are making a come back into the sport. That will be good all around for North America.

The Z4s (GTLM class) that were entered where awesome.



With under 10 minutes left in the 24 hour race and the yellow caution lifted, Joey Hand started to make a run for the 1st place Porsche when they got hung up a nasty traffic and pushed off the track. It was looking close there for moment. Better luck next year boys!

__________________
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking
about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." - George W

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 07:48 PM   #2511
kenneth
Major General
kenneth's Avatar
Canada
115
Rep
8,727
Posts

Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
I spent a few hours yesterday and today watching the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship (New for this year as an amalgamation of American Le Mans and Rolex Sports Car Series), the Rolex24, held at Daytona. This is where you essentially have 4 different classes of cars all racing at the same time making for some pretty exciting race. Good too see that GM and Ford are making a come back into the sport. That will be good all around for North America.

The Z4s (GTLM class) that were entered where awesome.



With under 10 minutes left in the 24 hour race and the yellow caution lifted, Joey Hand started to make a run for the 1st place Porsche when they got hung up a nasty traffic and pushed off the track. It was looking close there for moment. Better luck next year boys!

Does this car have anything in common with Tony's car, except for the similarity in looks? Suspecting the carbon body to be on tube frame....
__________________
SB, Terra, 6MT. Only a few mods here and there.....nothing extreme!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 07:57 PM   #2512
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Tonybest's Avatar
Canada
96
Rep
5,014
Posts

Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc.

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
Does this car have anything in common with Tony's car, except for the similarity in looks? Suspecting the carbon body to be on tube frame....
My car is a true ///M car... the one depicted on the photos has a big ///M emblem on the side but that is just sponsorhip.

so Tony's M Coupé > those cars
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 01:23 AM   #2513
jgalaxy
Gearing
jgalaxy's Avatar
Canada
47
Rep
3,851
Posts

Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
Does this car have anything in common with Tony's car, except for the similarity in looks? Suspecting the carbon body to be on tube frame....
Pretty much all CF on a tube frame using the Z4 chassis style and the E90M3 V8 engine platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
My car is a true ///M car... the one depicted on the photos has a big ///M emblem on the side but that is just sponsorhip.

so Tony's M Coupé > those cars
They are all MMMmmmmmm.
__________________
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking
about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." - George W

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 04:32 PM   #2514
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Pseudo Nim's Avatar
74
Rep
4,780
Posts

Drives: fast, sometimes slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: i am a citizen of the world

iTrader: (9)

And just when I thought I had seen everything.........



from here: http://big-limos.com/custom-limos-ga...stretch-limos/
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 10:53 PM   #2515
Basir
Complete BMW newbie
Canada
2
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: '07 E92 328i (S. Black/C. Red)
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Well hello, hello.

Just bought my first Bimmer! 2007 E92 with sport and premium packages. Black (whats the actual colour called?) with red interior. Manual. I'm elated and making the transfer this week.

West Islander.

Question: Anyone know where I could get a soft or hard copy of the original catologue? It's a tradition of mine to have all the dealer brochures of all the cars I've owned.

Thanks guys and I'm excited to join the club!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 11:09 PM   #2516
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Pseudo Nim's Avatar
74
Rep
4,780
Posts

Drives: fast, sometimes slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: i am a citizen of the world

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basir View Post
Well hello, hello.

Just bought my first Bimmer! 2007 E92 with sport and premium packages. Black (whats the actual colour called?) with red interior. Manual. I'm elated and making the transfer this week.

West Islander.

Question: Anyone know where I could get a soft or hard copy of the original catologue? It's a tradition of mine to have all the dealer brochures of all the cars I've owned.

Thanks guys and I'm excited to join the club!
Hello hello! Do you have the metallic black (nightmare to wash: called Sapphire Black) or the non-metallic black (nightmare to wash: called Jet Black)? 335 or 328? Any mods planned? Should be a fun car to drive. Lots of help available here to make the most of it!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 11:54 PM   #2517
Basir
Complete BMW newbie
Canada
2
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: '07 E92 328i (S. Black/C. Red)
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
Hello hello! Do you have the metallic black (nightmare to wash: called Sapphire Black) or the non-metallic black (nightmare to wash: called Jet Black)? 335 or 328? Any mods planned? Should be a fun car to drive. Lots of help available here to make the most of it!
Hey! I actually haven't gotten the car yet. Just put down my deposit with the owner and agreed to buy it. He has some stuff to do before I get it, likely this week or next.

If I remember correctly, its the metallic. But it had very few flakes compared to most metallics, in my opinion. And the inside is called Coral Red, I believe. In quite good condition which makes me very happy.

Mods wise, I'll need to live with the car for a while to know. But I do like built in navs, which this car has every package except that one. And the shifter is a little scuffed up which I will likely change. Other than that, I would have to see.

Its a 328i. I've never had a rear wheel car and I hope its not a nightmare in winter. I would have liked the xi, but this car had the options and colours I wanted, plus I could do without the consumption hit of the AWD.

Question about the tires though. The guy has 17" aftermarket winter rims on it. All the same size. As opposed to wider in the back as stock (which he is giving me the stock wheels as well). Is that a good idea, or is the car meant to have wider tires in the back.

I like the look of the black 17s he has and I was thinking of using them in the summer too, as long as its a fine idea to stick with the same tire front and back.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 12:31 AM   #2518
jgalaxy
Gearing
jgalaxy's Avatar
Canada
47
Rep
3,851
Posts

Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basir View Post
Hey! I actually haven't gotten the car yet. Just put down my deposit with the owner and agreed to buy it. He has some stuff to do before I get it, likely this week or next.

If I remember correctly, its the metallic. But it had very few flakes compared to most metallics, in my opinion. And the inside is called Coral Red, I believe. In quite good condition which makes me very happy.

Mods wise, I'll need to live with the car for a while to know. But I do like built in navs, which this car has every package except that one. And the shifter is a little scuffed up which I will likely change. Other than that, I would have to see.

Its a 328i. I've never had a rear wheel car and I hope its not a nightmare in winter. I would have liked the xi, but this car had the options and colours I wanted, plus I could do without the consumption hit of the AWD.

Question about the tires though. The guy has 17" aftermarket winter rims on it. All the same size. As opposed to wider in the back as stock (which he is giving me the stock wheels as well). Is that a good idea, or is the car meant to have wider tires in the back.

I like the look of the black 17s he has and I was thinking of using them in the summer too, as long as its a fine idea to stick with the same tire front and back.

Thanks!
You'll love the car. Winter is a breeze. Traction control does all the work. The wider wheels in the rear is look thing. Comes with the 'sport' option . No functional value for the car's performance (actually it adds understeer to a car that has plenty of it to start with). I had 17's all around for the race track to make rotating tires simple and to improve the handling in the corners. I say go with what you like. You just need to stick to the rim size to tire sidewall ratio so that the speedo doesnt get impacted.

Welcome.
__________________
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking
about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." - George W

Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 12:32 AM   #2519
jgalaxy
Gearing
jgalaxy's Avatar
Canada
47
Rep
3,851
Posts

Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
And just when I thought I had seen everything.........



from here: http://big-limos.com/custom-limos-ga...stretch-limos/
Aint she a bute
__________________
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking
about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." - George W

Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 07:19 PM   #2520
CanAutM3
Lieutenant General
CanAutM3's Avatar
Canada
7627
Rep
14,299
Posts

Drives: 2015 M4 DCT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 Audi RS3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [4.29]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
Pretty much all CF on a tube frame using the Z4 chassis style and the E90M3 V8 engine platform.


They are all MMMmmmmmm.
Not sure about this. I don't think the engine is related to the E9X M3 street car. The race car uses a flat plane crank. Both 4.0L V8s, but the similarities end there. It is the same engine that was used on the M3 GT2 race car though.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 07:28 PM   #2521
CanAutM3
Lieutenant General
CanAutM3's Avatar
Canada
7627
Rep
14,299
Posts

Drives: 2015 M4 DCT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 Audi RS3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [4.29]
Quote:
Originally Posted by catherinelam View Post
Nothing really blew me away besides the M3 and M4.
I did like the CLA AMG, however i found the inside to be dismal.
Everyone was around the corvette.

The GLA is sooooo ugly!
The M3/M4 did look pretty good in person. I must have spent 2 hours around them ogling at all the details.

I finally made my pick, it's gonna be an M4 DCT in SSII. I still need to make up my mind with the interior colour (black or silverstone) and the rim colour (black or grey). I placed my order for a July European delivery. I very much look forward to it
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 10:23 PM   #2522
M3 Montreal
Colonel
43
Rep
2,194
Posts

Drives: 2012 M3 SG ,DCT & 2011 S4
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montreal , Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by catherinelam View Post
Nothing really blew me away besides the M3 and M4.
I did like the CLA AMG, however i found the inside to be dismal.
Everyone was around the corvette.

The GLA is sooooo ugly!
The M3/M4 did look pretty good in person. I must have spent 2 hours around them ogling at all the details.

I finally made my pick, it's gonna be an M4 DCT in SSII. I still need to make up my mind with the interior colour (black or silverstone) and the rim colour (black or grey). I placed my order for a July European delivery. I very much look forward to it
Gratz!!!

Can't wait to see what you do with that thing at LCMT!
__________________
2012 E92-M3 Space Grey on Fox Red, DCT

2011 B8 S4 S-Tronic , Black on magma red
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 10:36 PM   #2523
CanAutM3
Lieutenant General
CanAutM3's Avatar
Canada
7627
Rep
14,299
Posts

Drives: 2015 M4 DCT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 Audi RS3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [4.29]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Montreal View Post
Gratz!!!

Can't wait to see what you do with that thing at LCMT!
Hey bud, it's been a while since I heard from you.

Yah, can't wait to try it out on the track. Hopefully I'll get to wring it at the Nürburgring this summer .

What about you, did you decide on the C7? The Z06 really looks awesome
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2014, 12:01 AM   #2524
kenneth
Major General
kenneth's Avatar
Canada
115
Rep
8,727
Posts

Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
The M3/M4 did look pretty good in person. I must have spent 2 hours around them ogling at all the details.

I finally made my pick, it's gonna be an M4 DCT in SSII. I still need to make up my mind with the interior colour (black or silverstone) and the rim colour (black or grey). I placed my order for a July European delivery. I very much look forward to it
Congrats on your next track whip. It is quite a potent machine. I am still on the fence, due to the sound allegedly being horrible!
__________________
SB, Terra, 6MT. Only a few mods here and there.....nothing extreme!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2014, 09:01 AM   #2525
M3 Montreal
Colonel
43
Rep
2,194
Posts

Drives: 2012 M3 SG ,DCT & 2011 S4
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montreal , Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Montreal View Post
Gratz!!!

Can't wait to see what you do with that thing at LCMT!
Hey bud, it's been a while since I heard from you.

Yah, can't wait to try it out on the track. Hopefully I'll get to wring it at the Nrburgring this summer .

What about you, did you decide on the C7? The Z06 really looks awesome
Friend of mine ordered a new C7 stingray. Looking forward to trying it.

Not switching over just yet... Still think I need the 4 seats.
__________________
2012 E92-M3 Space Grey on Fox Red, DCT

2011 B8 S4 S-Tronic , Black on magma red
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2014, 09:55 AM   #2526
catherineanh
Captain
Canada
61
Rep
884
Posts

Drives: 2014 435xi M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
The M3/M4 did look pretty good in person. I must have spent 2 hours around them ogling at all the details.

I finally made my pick, it's gonna be an M4 DCT in SSII. I still need to make up my mind with the interior colour (black or silverstone) and the rim colour (black or grey). I placed my order for a July European delivery. I very much look forward to it
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
__________________
instagram: @catherineanh
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2014, 06:45 PM   #2527
jgalaxy
Gearing
jgalaxy's Avatar
Canada
47
Rep
3,851
Posts

Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Montreal View Post
Friend of mine ordered a new C7 stingray. Looking forward to trying it.

Not switching over just yet... Still think I need the 4 seats.
American muscle is making a come back in a big way ...
__________________
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking
about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." - George W

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2014, 08:34 PM   #2528
kenneth
Major General
kenneth's Avatar
Canada
115
Rep
8,727
Posts

Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
American muscle is making a come back in a big way ...
About time they do, cos the europeans have had it too good for too long. Check the Porsche options cost, they are the worse. Bmw options can bring a 328 well over 65k, ridonkulous.......

I think a souped up BRZ/FRS will send everybody back to the drawing board/calculators!
__________________
SB, Terra, 6MT. Only a few mods here and there.....nothing extreme!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2014, 10:27 PM   #2529
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Tonybest's Avatar
Canada
96
Rep
5,014
Posts

Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc.

iTrader: (2)

Ken, time for you to organize our next brunch.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2014, 10:27 PM   #2530
CanAutM3
Lieutenant General
CanAutM3's Avatar
Canada
7627
Rep
14,299
Posts

Drives: 2015 M4 DCT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 Audi RS3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [4.29]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
About time they do, cos the europeans have had it too good for too long. Check the Porsche options cost, they are the worse. Bmw options can bring a 328 well over 65k, ridonkulous.......

I think a souped up BRZ/FRS will send everybody back to the drawing board/calculators!
A fully optioned out M4 comes out at over $105k
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:26 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST