E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Combox retrofit Bluetooth issue keeping phone paired

11-25-2018, 10:04 PM   #1
stylez1989
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 328I N52

Combox retrofit Bluetooth issue keeping phone paired

I have an issue, I’ve retrofitted cic and combox from a ccc and tcu, cic works great and decided to do combox retrofit over the weekend, combox is in and coded successful added my iPhone and Bluetooth works great and streaming great, I can turn off the car and come back a hour later and still work fine but after a few hours or next day it doesn’t connect due to the pairing list goes empty like if I didn’t pair the phone. I’ve added mine and my wife’s but then hours later it will be empty again.

Not sure what’s going on here or any ideas what it could be coding wise?

Also my iPhone can stay connected fine and stream but when my wife galaxy s9 gets on it can connect and play music for a few minutes but then the combox disconnects or resets and drops everything until the combox boots back up and repeats with her phone. Also happens on calling too can be talking then combox stops crashes and then restarts. Doesn’t happen on the iPhone so maybe a compatibility issue on Samsung products?

My cic is c.13 and I can get the media/telematics if needed.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2018, 09:52 PM   #2
FEDE/E92
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Make sure when she connects to bluetooth. Go to the phone bluetooth settings and turn on the use of audio and phone usage.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2018, 09:54 PM   #3
stylez1989
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEDE/E92 View Post
Make sure when she connects to bluetooth. Go to the phone bluetooth settings and turn on the use of audio and phone usage.
May need to check into that, the night it worked fine the the next day it keeps locking up the combox but I need to fix the deleting pair phones then that. Gotta update combox someone told me first to check.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2018, 09:39 PM   #4
FEDE/E92
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylez1989 View Post
May need to check into that, the night it worked fine the the next day it keeps locking up the combox but I need to fix the deleting pair phones then that. Gotta update combox someone told me first to check.
Did u ever figured it out
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2018, 09:33 PM   #5
stylez1989
Enlisted Member
Rep

I need to get back with my wife about the android stop freeing the combox, there was a new update on the android so will have to test that out, I will say it is still deleting the pair phones, going to have to order the $6FL cable to do the update on combox
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 07:30 AM   #6
ImTribble
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 650i

I hate to drag this post back up, but did you ever figure this one out? I just did the combox retrofit yesterday and I'm having the same issue.
Appreciate 0