E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Bmwhat app (Carly for BMW)

05-30-2018, 07:57 AM   #1299
lime
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

So I've used Carly to code a few things over the last couple of days and it's mostly worked great. One thing I'm having trouble with though is getting rid of the seat belt chime. Ideally I'd like to keep the passenger side chime and just remove it for the drivers side so that it doesn't go off every time I start the car. I've tried a few times now coding for either side or both chimes to be removed but it never sticks. There are 3 options:

Seat belt warning
• off
• on
Various settings for the seat belt warning. (codable in CSM)

Seat belt reminder driver
• off
• on
Seat belt reminder for driver is active/ inactive. (codable in CSM)

Seat belt reminder passenger
• off
• on
Seat belt reminder for passenger is active/ inactive. (codable in CSM)

I've played around with the latter two and no dice, do I need to do the first option as well? What is the first option for? Any help is much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 07:59 PM   #1300
lime
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

Bump
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 09:15 PM   #1301
montego09
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: montegoblue blue e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by lime View Post
So I've used Carly to code a few things over the last couple of days and it's mostly worked great. One thing I'm having trouble with though is getting rid of the seat belt chime. Ideally I'd like to keep the passenger side chime and just remove it for the drivers side so that it doesn't go off every time I start the car. I've tried a few times now coding for either side or both chimes to be removed but it never sticks. There are 3 options:

Seat belt warning
• off
• on
Various settings for the seat belt warning. (codable in CSM)

Seat belt reminder driver
• off
• on
Seat belt reminder for driver is active/ inactive. (codable in CSM)

Seat belt reminder passenger
• off
• on
Seat belt reminder for passenger is active/ inactive. (codable in CSM)

I've played around with the latter two and no dice, do I need to do the first option as well? What is the first option for? Any help is much appreciated.

Is it worth it to buy the app?
Seems like there's limited coding options.
Any feedback much appreciated
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 09:46 PM   #1302
Z3ROWOLFHD
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i X-Drive Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by montego09 View Post
Would like to know this as well

Ive heard mixed reviews about the Carly for BMW app.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 09:57 PM   #1303
montego09
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: montegoblue blue e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3ROWOLFHD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by montego09 View Post
Would like to know this as well

Ive heard mixed reviews about the Carly for BMW app.
Personally not for me, see features on the link below

http://support.mycarly.com/knowledge..._campaign=home
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2018, 03:36 AM   #1304
wrongmark
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 320i, F31 328i

I have the full version of Carly for BMW because I bought it ages ago and I like it. It's enabled me to code things and fault find on my E90 and my wife's Mini R56. I wouldn't be as keen if I had to to pay for it annually though like you have to now.

If you have a windows laptop, you might as well buy a cable and learn how to use the software (although this is a much less user friendly option) and for some things you end up having to do this anyway.

I recently purchased the full Carly for VAG app along with the "VAG Plus" Carly adaptor to do some coding and service resets on my parents cars (they are an Audi household) as I couldn't be bothered to learn how to do it with a cable and laptop. The functionality was shockingly poor (I can't even express how useless this is). I was trying to use it on an A3 and a Q3 and I found it of literally no use other than code reading. It couldn't even reset the service indicator.

Take a look at Carista. It seems to be more keenly priced and seems to work well for BMW and VAG IME.
Appreciate 1
      07-06-2018, 11:53 AM   #1305
r8ders
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 95 E36 M3; e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongmark View Post
I have the full version of Carly for BMW because I bought it ages ago and I like it. It's enabled me to code things and fault find on my E90 and my wife's Mini R56. I wouldn't be as keen if I had to to pay for it annually though like you have to now.

If you have a windows laptop, you might as well buy a cable and learn how to use the software (although this is a much less user friendly option) and for some things you end up having to do this anyway.

I recently purchased the full Carly for VAG app along with the "VAG Plus" Carly adaptor to do some coding and service resets on my parents cars (they are an Audi household) as I couldn't be bothered to learn how to do it with a cable and laptop. The functionality was shockingly poor (I can't even express how useless this is). I was trying to use it on an A3 and a Q3 and I found it of literally no use other than code reading. It couldn't even reset the service indicator.

Take a look at Carista. It seems to be more keenly priced and seems to work well for BMW and VAG IME.
For your parents Audi's your best bet is using Ross-Tech. https://www.ross-tech.com/ The Ross-Tech interface cable/adaptor is fairly pricey but allows you to do coding, service reset, diagnosis, download and save diagnostics reports, etc. In my opinion it's easier and more thorough to use than the Carly for BMW
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2018, 10:50 PM   #1306
Hanikai
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i E93

Can anyone tell me if this is possible in Carly?

Found in another non-Carly thread.

Carly has coding options to open windows etc with key fob, but I tried and it didn’t work.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible to translate to Carly?

E93 coded Key FOB to open/close windows/mirrors and convertible top
I have sucessfully coded to my car with NCSexpert to enable the key FOB to open/close the windows/mirrors/convertible top!! There has been alot of people looking to code this feature in without Comfort Access! With Comfort Access this function was already set to work, but not such an easy task without CA! I have finally after many attempts got it to work and coded my car to operate that is not equipped with COMFORT ACCESS!!!!! Here are the modules and script lines that I had to change. I have the original software for my car as it has never been updated! I am not sure if this will work with newer cars with software upgrades, but please try and get back to me to see if this works for you! There are not too many people that have coded this feature to work to open and close the convertible hardtop, I hope this will help others.

CAS MODULE (set both of these lines to aktiv)

KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB
FH_KOMFORTF_MIT_SUBST

CTM MODULE (all of these lines need to be set to aktiv, some may already be set to aktiv!) I am not sure its the same with CVM module..

KOMFORT_OEFFNEN_FBD
KOMFORT_LADE_POSITION
KOMFORT_SCHLIESS_FBD
SCHEIBEN_ANHEB_OEFF_FBD
SCHEIBEN_ANHEB_SCHL_FBD

NFRM MODULE

SPIEGEL_KOMFORT_EINKLAPP or ASP_KOMFORT_EINKLAPP
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2018, 09:58 PM   #1307
Bory E90
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335xi

I tried to read the live parameter gauge display and whenever I tap start, my engine runs erratically and the idle fluctuates. Have anyone experience this when logging?
I have JB4 installed.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2018, 08:33 PM   #1308
Nmelche
Rep
Drives: 2008 Bmw 328xi

I know this is mainly a Carly post but here is a way to do a lot of the coding Carly can do for free. Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 08:44 AM   #1309
dcorn
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nmelche View Post
I know this is mainly a Carly post but here is a way to do a lot of the coding Carly can do for free. Thoughts?
Damn, I already have that bluetooth OBD2 adapter. I'll be trying this tonight! Might be worth paying for the app since I don't have to buy the cable.

Edit: It worked! My car is a 2008, not sure of the build date, but I was able to code a couple things using the Carista app through the bluetooth OBD adapter I already had. I've tested the windows up with fob long press, mirror fold with fob long press, and I got the DRLs to be halos only, which is the main thing I was after in the first place. For a fully productive night, I also modded my headlight switch to get the rear fogs working.

Anyone know what the tri-bar section of the taillights is called? I'd like to use that as a DRL and the Carista app details multiple sections of the taillight that can be used, but I don't know which to choose.

PS: DO NOT follow the video guy's lead of using the HID headlights as 'approach lights' or whatever and have them come on gradually. Applying varying voltage to the ballasts is bad news, I tried this and thought I blew out a headlight, the system did NOT like it. I changed mine to come on immediately when the car is unlocked.

Last edited by dcorn; 09-19-2018 at 07:58 AM..
Appreciate 0