E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > High Mileage BMW 335xi

08-17-2018, 11:38 PM   #1
Bimmer_Nick
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi

High Mileage BMW 335xi

I just rolled over 150k on my 2008 335xi this week. No one seems to post about how reliable their car has been so I thought I would. A little background:

I bought the car about 3 years ago with 83k on it. I was looking at several with lower miles and almost passed mine up because of the higher mileage. I decided to check it out anyways and it was by far the nicest one I had seen. The HPFP had been replaced by CPO warranty right before I bought it. Immediately I needed to replace the oil filter housing gasket and had the carbon cleaned by walnut blasting at the same time ($800 combined). Later I replaced my valve cover gasket ($400).

Since then I've kept up with regular maintenance (oil changes at 6-7k, fluid flushes, etc) and it's been solid. I have my original water pump/thermostat and original turbos. I'm still on the original battery.

My point is that I've piled on the miles and it's been a very reliable car. Maintenance is everything with these cars. At this point I couldn't fault the car if something big happened (knock on wood.) I would recommend this car to anyone considering one.

Just do your homework and understand what you are buying. People are more likely to complain on these forums then they are to compliment their cars. There are lots of owners like me who are happy with their cars.
Appreciate 1
gxe2se37.50
      08-18-2018, 10:12 PM   #2
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Dinan stage 2 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_Nick View Post
I just rolled over 150k on my 2008 335xi this week. No one seems to post about how reliable their car has been so I thought I would. A little background:

I bought the car about 3 years ago with 83k on it. I was looking at several with lower miles and almost passed mine up because of the higher mileage. I decided to check it out anyways and it was by far the nicest one I had seen. The HPFP had been replaced by CPO warranty right before I bought it. Immediately I needed to replace the oil filter housing gasket and had the carbon cleaned by walnut blasting at the same time ($800 combined). Later I replaced my valve cover gasket ($400).

Since then I've kept up with regular maintenance (oil changes at 6-7k, fluid flushes, etc) and it's been solid. I have my original water pump/thermostat and original turbos. I'm still on the original battery.

My point is that I've piled on the miles and it's been a very reliable car. Maintenance is everything with these cars. At this point I couldn't fault the car if something big happened (knock on wood.) I would recommend this car to anyone considering one.

Just do your homework and understand what you are buying. People are more likely to complain on these forums then they are to compliment their cars. There are lots of owners like me who are happy with their cars.
Nice
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2018, 02:13 AM   #3
Bali
E46 Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 E84 F15

Pretty sure the ‘M’ in BMW stands for maintenance. :P
Appreciate 0