E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > I can read and clear error memory but not read airbag specefic module?

08-09-2018, 04:29 PM   #1
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

I can read and clear error memory but not read airbag specefic module?

What does it mean if I can read and clear INPA error codes but cannot access directly the airbag module?

Do I have a incompatible cable? Car is 2011 335is if it matters.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 10:48 PM   #2
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
...[1] I can read and clear INPA error codes [2] but cannot access directly the airbag module? Do I have a incompatible cable? Car is 2011 335is if it matters.
What Chassis code do you have: E90, E92, etc.? Your cable is fine if you can open the Listbox screen when you select E90 on the Boot-up INPA screen.

[1] HOW can you read/clear Fault Codes in INPA? Are you using "Functional Jobs"?

[2] What modules CAN you connect to (DME, CAS, FRM, IHKA, etc.)? HOW are you trying to connect to the MRS (Multiple Restraint System) module? What choices to you have in the right-hand Listbox when you highlight Body/ Karosserie in the Left-hand Listbox?

For instance, using INPA on my 2007 328xi, when I select Body/Karosserie in the Left Listbox (initial screen after selecting E90), there are TWO Airbag Module choices:
1) Airbag MRS5
2) Airbag ACSM E93.
Obviously for my E91, I select MRS5 and I connect to that module and see the Main Menu for that module.

What "Airbag" choices do you have?
What choice(s) are you trying?
What error message (exact text) do you get when you try each? Print screen, paste to Paint, and Save As jpg; attach to your post.

Likely your installation is missing one or more files necessary to connect to that module, or you are trying to connect to the wrong module (one that is NOT present in your vehicle).

George
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 06:22 PM   #3
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbalthrop View Post
What Chassis code do you have: E90, E92, etc.? Your cable is fine if you can open the Listbox screen when you select E90 on the Boot-up INPA screen.

[1] HOW can you read/clear Fault Codes in INPA? Are you using "Functional Jobs"?

[2] What modules CAN you connect to (DME, CAS, FRM, IHKA, etc.)? HOW are you trying to connect to the MRS (Multiple Restraint System) module? What choices to you have in the right-hand Listbox when you highlight Body/ Karosserie in the Left-hand Listbox?

For instance, using INPA on my 2007 328xi, when I select Body/Karosserie in the Left Listbox (initial screen after selecting E90), there are TWO Airbag Module choices:
1) Airbag MRS5
2) Airbag ACSM E93.
Obviously for my E91, I select MRS5 and I connect to that module and see the Main Menu for that module.

What error message (exact text) do you get when you try each? Print screen, paste to Paint, and Save As jpg; attach to your post.

Likely your installation is missing one or more files necessary to connect to that module, or you are trying to connect to the wrong module (one that is NOT present in your vehicle).

George
Sorry for the late reply my laptop was at my mom's house.

My chasis is a E92.

1- Yeah going into functionnal jobs and then read error memory. I noticed though it shoes my model is E89X?
View post on imgur.com

2 - Connecting to the airbag module I was just clicking on "airbag". Here are 2-3 modules I tried to connect and these are the error message I get.
View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 11:52 PM   #4
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbalthrop View Post

1) Airbag MRS5
2) Airbag ACSM E93.

George
So uhh, any idea?
Appreciate 0