E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Review: E92xi on Eibach prokit 2092.140

04-15-2014, 07:44 PM   #1
Uzi_335xi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT

Review: E92xi on Eibach prokit 2092.140

I have read many review's on here, and figure I should return the favour. I have a 2008 335xi coupe, for the XI owners out there, I am sure you can relate to how pour the factory suspension performed. It's more of a Cadillac then the "ultimate driving machine". After lots of reading, I decided to order the Eibach prokit for the 335i, 2092.140 part number. The kit was ordered through XTR performance, fast shipping, super easy to deal with.

I will briefly touch on the install, on the E92xi, this is not a DIY project for most people. I like to think I am mechanically inclined, and have installed lowering springs on many cars in the past, ricers, muscle, audi's you name it. it took me almost a full day to do 1 strut on my E92xi. The front axle's make it a real pain in the ***, along with the lack of powertools on my driveway. After a miserable day, I got fed up and sent it to a friends shop for him to finish it, well worth the hassle.

Now the Suspension itself ill start with the good. Howly is it a world of difference around corners. I read so many mixed reviews about the comfort level decreasing, no way, its much firmer and doesn't sag its rear end under full throttle, and has next to no body roll in the bends. Well worth the money in my opinion. An on ramp I would take around 80km, while almost rolling the car, I can now comfortably take at 100km.

Now the disappointing part, it did not full take care of the rake issue. The front end of the car is still higher then rear, but it looks a lot better. I am content with its current "stance" as it is still parking lot friends, but no longer rally worthy.

I only installed the springs, I did not replace the oem shocks. I know many will tear me apart for running lowering springs on stock shocks because of the early wear on the shock. The way I see it, the car already has 125,000km on it, the oem shocks are already on the last leg, may as well test the theory to see how it rides on the oem shocks. I will update when I have put on more KM, and let everyone know if the shocks have gone to shit.

I will post up pictures once I figure out how to do so.
      04-16-2014, 01:14 AM   #2
BigHoncho
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 335xi

You could also have used the springs for the E91 xdrive in the front, they are dedicated xdrive springs from eibach. The rear axle is the same.
Appreciate 0