E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > *OFFICIAL* OC Bimmerfest Caravan 2012: 04-05-2012

*OFFICIAL* OC Bimmerfest Caravan 2012
Calendar: USA - California
handmemyarms

Hey there fellow OCers,

It’s that time of year again for some bimmerfest mayhem!

You may not recognize me because i dont frequently post on these forums but let me just assure you ahead of time this is not my first rodeo. I put together the bimmerfest caravans for OC in 2009 and 2010 on Bimmerforums.com and e46fanatics.com. I mainly just do a lot of lurking on the forums nowadays.

So here is the plan:

WHEN?: Bimmerfest is on MAY 19th, 2012 from 9am-3pm, I will be arriving at the location at 7:30am and we will be leaving the destination at 8:00am SHARP. Estimated driving time is approximately one hour.

WHERE?: We will be meeting at the IKEA in Costa Mesa off of harbor blvd,
The address for the IKEA is 1475 South Coast Drive Costa Mesa, CA 92626.
Our destination, The Rose Bowl, address is 1001 Rose Bowl Drive Pasadena, CA 91103

Here is what the route looks like on Google maps:

NOTES:
I will NOT be leading this caravan (From previous experience we don’t need one and once we hit the road all is forgotten anyway, I will be plugging the rose bowl’s addy into my cars GPS, I have faith we will all get there together.

I will NOT be changing meeting/take off times to make it convenient for other areas caravans. I assure you, there will people who read this thread and don’t post but will attend at IKEA via reading the forums. As time draws closer our crowd will grow in size, and the parking lot at IKEA will fill up with A LOT of people on the day of the fest
Therefor, like i initially stated, i will not be pushing or encouraging any joining up of such caravans like the san diego crew, they are further south, it doesnt make sense for OC people to meet them
If they want to meet with us at our designated spot and leave with us at our take off time they are way more then welcome to do so.
Im sorry to stress this but when i was presented with this option in previous years it was nothing but phone calls of "where are you guys?" over and over and over again because they planned to merge with us on the freeway, kinda hard when its 100 cars leaving a parking lot to suddenly be in line with cars traveling 65mph+ on the freeway.

IDEAS OF WHAT TO BRING: Sun screen, a cooler with some beverages, snacks, a front license plate (seems to be a big ticket item), cameras, blow up dolls, condoms, whatever you feel would make things easier and fun.

Any other questions feel free to ask! PM me or email me at handmemyarms@gmail.com
RSVP'd Yes: 1
RSVP sign-ups for this event are now closed.