E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > :::Rear Camber Adjustment Info:::

09-10-2011, 10:39 AM   #23
sukutash
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d, 2020 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_lap28 View Post
I run around -2.0 in the rear and have found a good bit of performance at the track. though I would like to get more negative camber in the front I won't be able to achieve this until I get some coilovers + camber plates.

only drawback to my current adjustment is that the inside patch of the tires is looking like it wants to wear out much quicker....

my question for those with experience on rear neg. camber, since I run a staggerd directional setup can I switch tires from L/R, R/L? I don't think so since tires are directional...there's nothing I can really do at this time except put the stock wheels/tires back on.

I ran the negative camber in the rear to try it out at the track with new track wheel/tires....it worked great! but now that I don't have many more track days left only autocrosses then maybe I should get the rear re-aligned I suppose?

thoughts

The use of directional tires, along with a staggered set-up, throws rotation of tires out the window. The use of an assymetrical tread designed tire will open up your ability to rotate right to left and vice versa, but still no front to back due to your staggered set up. Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2012, 12:35 PM   #24
99three
Banned
Rep
Drives: 993, e92, e36, F355, Z32, Jag

A great post!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 02:43 AM   #25
dave330
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 330D

are there any other bolts at the rear that need to be free when getting an alignment done i have some m3 arm for the front but don't want to fit them unless i can get an alignment done.
Appreciate 0