E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > [Help] BMW key update E9x -> G-Series

09-29-2022, 04:24 PM   #1
E93slashF48
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 325d LCI, X1 F48 LCI

Exclamation [Help] BMW key update E9x -> G-Series

Hello!

I drive an E93 LCI with keyless go. I never liked the key from this model and had the idea to update it to the key from the G-Series.
I looked up if anyone had done it before and didn't find anything about updating the E-Series key. I just found a video from a guy updating from F-series to G-series by just switching one microchip from one key to the other. Here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFh_...=ECO-LAPStudio
I took my key and opened it to see if its similar to the F- or the G-Series key from inside. So yeah all 3 have the same "big" black microchip which the guy in the video switched.
So I ordered an G-Series key with the inside and started soldering. I switched the black microchips. Then I tried to open the car with the new key aaaand it didn't work.

Does anybody know if it takes more than that?
Did I forgot something or does the E-Series key work completely different than the F-Series?
Do I need to do something additional so that it will work?

The first attached pic (green circuit board) is the circuit board from the original E-Series key without the black microchip.

The second attached pic (black circuit board) is the circuit board from the G-Series key with the microchip from the original E-Series key.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-15-2022, 09:02 AM   #2
E93slashF48
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 325d LCI, X1 F48 LCI

Push^
Appreciate 0