E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > E90 335i transmission interlock solenoid valve

08-08-2023, 02:48 PM   #1
savagerb
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 08 e90 335i m sport

E90 335i transmission interlock solenoid valve

Hi I recently was playing around on the protool app trying to solve a problem I’ve had for awhile where my shifter won’t release from P unless I use the little override button under the boot, trans shifts fine and there’s no wires broken. I was getting the “A0B6 selector lever interlock” fault until this morning where I managed to push the little solenoid arm completely back and this cleared the code but the interlock was still occurring. Growing frustrated/desperate I went into the “control” option in the EGS module and clicked “activation of solenoid”- “interlock solenoid valve M gearshift only” and now my car is stuck in park/neutral unless I select that option each time before turning the car on. Then it frees up and changes gears etc until I put the car back into park and then I have to use the same option again.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

I have attached two photos, 1 of the option I have to select in protool in order to move out of park/neutral and also one of the solenoid that is stopping the shifter from moving
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2024, 02:23 PM   #2
bmw335i_901
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I 2008

Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same problem.
Appreciate 0