E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Advice for Suspension Refresh (Bilstein kits?)

02-27-2024, 03:54 AM   #23
fleetfoot
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, 2013 E92 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaronbwall View Post
fleetfoot I really appreciate the link to your "328i suspension experience" and refresh! My wife would never let me spend that amount so learning from others and doing it once is my only option. I've basically DIY'd everything so what's another project?... I never thought to get the M3 spec alignment. That's freaking smart. That's exactly what I'm trying to achieve. It's a spirited driving car at this point but I do daily it sometimes. I also want to hit a track day which is why I upgraded my radiator. That's where you really learn to drive.
Glad I could help! I played around with a bunch of different alignments and that setup sheet I shared in the other thread seems to be the sweet spot for me. The slight toe up front keeps it straight on the interstate and the toe in the rear keeps the back end more stable under heavy braking. The extra camber up front (the real benefit of rhe m3 control arms beyond the bushings) adds front grip and makes the front:rear more balanced; it’ll also help save your front tire shoulders on the track. Happy to try and answer any other questions if they come up. Enjoy that track day!
      02-27-2024, 06:49 AM   #24
Jaronbwall
Driving cars and riding bikes really fast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

fleetfoot I installed m3 controls arms and new tie-rods last year. Huge difference turn-in sharpness. I'm excited to refresh my suspension and confident I can DIY given the advice. I will share my install experience in the forums.

Last edited by Jaronbwall; 02-27-2024 at 06:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2024, 11:39 AM   #25
scotthilly
scotthilly
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i 6MT

Check out Birds b3 suspension! It's expensive ($1,300 shipped to the US) but reviews seem to be amazing. It's a very slight drop but claims to improve ride quality, harshness, and handling. I want to get it soon so selfishly am seeking more opinions.
Appreciate 1