E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > N54 VRSF outlets to IC hose

01-31-2024, 10:44 AM   #1
BabyJesus87
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i e93

N54 VRSF outlets to IC hose

I installed a vrsf 5" intercooler on my friends 335i. The silicone hose that connects the outlets to the intercooler seems like there isn't enough space to get a the clamp firm on it. The top side of the hose hits the intercooler with barely enough hose to get a good clamp down. It's like the clamp ends up being flush with the end of the hose. We did a few pulls and that connection popped but I was kinda expecting it. Those intercoolers have a huge lip around their connection points. Wondering is anyone else has run into this. Was considering cutting the silicone pipe so I can get the bottom side further underneath but that is a total last resort.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2024, 10:58 AM   #2
oVeRdOsE.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F25 E91 Audi Avnt E90 Cayenne

double check your stuff, because I have the same and it fits.

Also you sure its for the n54?
The intercooler is bolted right on the rad support?

The only issue was the clamp, the threaded rod was too long, and had to cut it flush to the bolt.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2024, 11:14 AM   #3
BabyJesus87
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oVeRdOsE. View Post
double check your stuff, because I have the same and it fits.

Also you sure its for the n54?
The intercooler is bolted right on the rad support?

The only issue was the clamp, the threaded rod was too long, and had to cut it flush to the bolt.
This one bolts straight up where the stock one bolted on. Not having an issue with the clamp itself, just the lack of excess hose for it to clamp to on the intercooler connection. Maybe I just need to tighten the living shit out of it. I'm gonna try a few things this evening.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2024, 02:25 PM   #4
oVeRdOsE.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

see the length of the coupling, is it the same?

ignore the reste of the picture, this is the only picture I have for my IC, it was obviously on a TT setup

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2024, 02:43 PM   #5
BabyJesus87
Rep

Quote:
see the length of the coupling, is it the same?

ignore the reste of the picture, this is the only picture I have for my IC, it was obviously on a TT setup

The length is there, there's just not much room between the intercooler and it's port. The hose hit's the intercooler with not much excess to clamp onto. I can probably get more of the hose on the bottom side of the port but then it wants to come out of the top side when you turn it downwards.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2024, 03:11 PM   #6
oVeRdOsE.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJesus87 View Post
The length is there, there's just not much room between the intercooler and it's port. The hose hit's the intercooler with not much excess to clamp onto. I can probably get more of the hose on the bottom side of the port but then it wants to come out of the top side when you turn it downwards.
got you.

Do you try to get the hose while the intercooler is installed?

IIRC, I lined up my tubes, get the clamp loose on the tube and jack the intercooler. I add a bit of silicone grease to make it slip good.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2024, 08:46 AM   #7
BabyJesus87
Rep

Quote:
got you.

Do you try to get the hose while the intercooler is installed?

IIRC, I lined up my tubes, get the clamp loose on the tube and jack the intercooler. I add a bit of silicone grease to make it slip good.
Noticed in your picture that it looks like you got 2 clamps on the outlet to IC connection. Was that side giving you trouble too at one point?
Appreciate 0