E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Codes coming up after Walnut Blast

01-05-2021, 11:59 PM   #1
Legit_Pringles
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i xDrive

Codes coming up after Walnut Blast

Hey all,

Been a lurker for a while and decided to make a post regarding various codes that have come up on MHD. I drive a 2011 335i xDrive which is bone stock. These codes came up after I got my valves walnut blasted which was done a few days ago. I have tried looking these codes up but couldn't really find much as too what could be causing them to come up, or I'm just not good at googling

With the first screenshot, I just figured I would scan my car to see if I had any shadow codes. Saw those codes and decided to clear them and see if they came back up again.

With the second image, this was later in the same day. I got off work, started my car and a CEL light came on with those codes. Any help will be appreciated!

P.S. I've had the 2DBC code for about a month now and don't have a clue of what it could be.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 04:03 AM   #2
TunafishE93
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Start with the battery. 11.59v is no good for stand by voltage. Low voltage will cause all kinds of errors. You have a power management error pointing you in the right direction.

Once that is settled check plugs to DME under intake. This is a common problem area with the walnut procedure.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 09:39 AM   #3
relative4
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335xi E90 MT stage 1+

Yeah, looks like the shop left one or more plugs disconnected and very likely pinched one or more wires.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 09:46 AM   #4
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

I would focus only on the active codes which set off the CEL. I don't clear mine I suppose I like to leave the evidence? Or document all before clearing.

The shop would have disconnected the battery because the EVAP is not ready, right? Maybe some codes are a result of that?

I guess every car has the EVAP take the longest to go into ready (my BMW is the only car I haven't changed the battery myself yet, i.e. disconnect the battery for any reason). The Nissan and Lexus go back into ready in < 100 miles, but my wife's GM over 700 miles. And the shop said no they can't waive it for emissions testing (online says yes one category can be not ready), just come back when it's ready, not a big deal....
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 02:48 PM   #5
Legit_Pringles
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i xDrive

Hey all,

So I started off by checking the connections to the DME and everything seemed fine and connected. I'll try the battery next although my mechanic did say that my battery was fine. I'll keep an eye out for it but am still confused with the 2DBC diagnostic code. I know its a shadow code but just want to make sure it won't cause any harm to the car.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 03:23 PM   #6
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

Did your mechanic drive the car after servicing? Perhaps he'd like to double check his work before sending you down a rabbit hole. There are a few connections that need to be pulled when the intake and throttle body are removed and anyone can miss something small. I'd take it back and have them complete the work or fix what was missed.