E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > These people disgust me [warning graphic video]

10-21-2011, 03:01 PM   #67
SpmnE9zero
DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB 33ZERO

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
I felt helpless watching that video. If I had the power to change one event in this life, I would have erased every second that she felt pain!

To those of you who didnt watch it, be very glad!

I am a father of my 2 year old daughter with another child on the way, so this really struck home with me!

To the driver, and to the individuals who just walked by, I wish for your lives to be swept away as you do not deserve to breathe another ounce of air.
      10-21-2011, 03:32 PM   #68
wmb0000
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 328I

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpmnE9zero View Post
I felt helpless watching that video. If I had the power to change one event in this life, I would have erased every second that she felt pain!

To those of you who didnt watch it, be very glad!

I am a father of my 2 year old daughter with another child on the way, so this really struck home with me!

To the driver, and to the individuals who just walked by, I wish for your lives to be swept away as you do not deserve to breathe another ounce of air.
ditto to this bro.

To the little girl RIP.

I would rip the head of the driver.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 08:21 PM   #69
Minefield
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightkhan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AiyahPK View Post
developed nations being white/western/Christianity? and anything that is nonwhite/nonwestern/non-Christianity are uncivilized/undeveloped and are on their way?
correct me if I'm wrong but i never got race or religion involved in anything i said. can you point out where I discriminated against any non-white/non-christian societies AiyahPK?
Not explicitly but by pitting China as uncivilized against "developed countries", you inherently implied that non western is inferior to western.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 08:23 PM   #70
achien
AC
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 Post Members Crazy

Don't worry buddy. They are already suffering something worst than death.

They are living in China!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpmnE9zero View Post

10-21-2011, 08:26 PM   #71
achien
AC
Canada
Rep

I am not talking about more females vs. males, or vice versa.

I am talking about the value of "sex" in China. In Asian mentality, baby girls are valued less than baby boys.

and since you are talking about facts, you should know the number of men in China are already outnumbering the women because of this phenomenon.

Check this fact out from CBS, kid: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...n1496589.shtml

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simsims View Post
complete bullshit.

There's more females in china currently, than males. Get your stats correct.
      10-21-2011, 09:32 PM   #72
nightkhan
Private Woodman
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i, JB, Space Rocket

Quote:
Not explicitly but by pitting China as uncivilized against "developed countries", you inherently implied that non western is inferior to western.
when did china represent all non-western civilization? last I checked china was only one of several non-western nations in this world. when I was in japan earlier this year, i fell in love with the country. i think it would be correct in saying that japan is a fully developed nation. their citizens were one of the most courteous, thoughtful and polite people i have ever met. and during the tohoku earthquake, that behaviour was even more exemplified when we were all stuck in the airport and everyone went out of their way to help each other, travelers and employees alike. no "me-first" attitude, everyone was kind and thoughtful, and offered their resources without being asked. sad to say it, but the small group of people who were impatient and rude were the foreigners. i would even suggest japan a more developed nation than the US in a lot of areas. everywhere i went, everything was clean and orderly. no trash, more advanced technology that benefited the citizens. everyone was super polite and thoughtful. everyone was extremely efficient at doing their job and doing whatever it was they had to do. no one was rude, impatient, gave attitude, etc. there was an awareness among the citizens that they are all living in a shared space, and what one person did affects everyone else. i returned to the US and immediately noticed the dramatic difference between the attitudes of people here, and the politeness and kindness expressed in japan. so again, how does me saying a lot of the smaller disconnected towns and societies in china still display uncivilized behavior imply that all of non-western nations are inferior to that of western nations? and how does religion even come into play??

last year i went to the shanghai expo with my dad, and afterwards traveled around the country to visit our ancestral towns. during one of the flights on china's own charter airlines, halfway through the flight, a small kid a few rows in front of us got up, stood up on the chair while his dad pulled down his pants, and the kid proceeded to pee into the vomit bag. i'd say a good 75% of the passengers did not give two shits. for me this was shocking, but my dad explained this is just how they grew up. i mean he thought it was disgusting too, but this was a small national airline between more isolated cities and their people were more used to this. to me, uncivilized. to them, their way of life. a lot of them suddenly have money now to afford certain benefits, but the way they behave isn't going to change so immediately.

i think a lot of people would agree that a lot of china is still developing. only relatively recently have they embraced capitalism and allowed their country to open up to other nations. they are definitely still growing, and just because their economy has exploded exponentially, a lot of the ethical and moral values of their different societies within still have a lot of catching up to do.

so just because i say a good part of china is uncivilized, does not represent my sentiment for all asian countries. i'm not sure where you pulled that from, and how you associated the 'uncivilized' parts of china to represent all of us. my home country is taiwan. if i implied that, then i'd be insulting myself and all of us.

but this is going off into a completely different tangent now. RIP to the little girl, i still really do not believe the parents did this purposely. just watch the videos of them from the news, they are completely devastated. in asia it's very common for the parents to be running their small shops, and have their kids run around outside. here it would probably be considered some form of parental crime, but that's how it is there. on the same block as my parents place in taipei, there's a small pharmacy owned and run exclusively by a couple. when their young daughter isn't at pre-school or whatever (she's only like 4 or 5), she's always with them at the shop. and obviously they can't watch her the entire time. she goes and runs around outside pretty much all day long. that's just how life there is. shocking for us here, normal for them there.
Current: E92 328i, Sports Package, 335i wheels, Power Seats, BMW Assist/Bluetooth, IPod/USB, heated seats, //M Short Shifter
Future Mods: 19" CSL's, KW V2, 15mm spacer, tints

Last edited by nightkhan; 10-21-2011 at 09:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 09:39 PM   #73
Simsims
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 119/220

Quote:
Originally Posted by achien View Post
I am not talking about more females vs. males, or vice versa.

I am talking about the value of "sex" in China. In Asian mentality, baby girls are valued less than baby boys.

and since you are talking about facts, you should know the number of men in China are already outnumbering the women because of this phenomenon.

Check this fact out from CBS, kid: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...n1496589.shtml
I'm sure CBS news knows what china is ALL about
116.86:100 is the current female birth to male birth ratio in china, MR. KNOWN it all.
      10-22-2011, 02:14 AM   #74
V8Beatr
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

That video makes me sad to be part of the human race! No one should have the ability/willingness to see a helpless child suffering like that without doing something to help.

I have a two month old boy who just got shots yesterday and it broke my heart to see him in that 30 seconds of pain. I am in no way an emotional person but witnessing a child suffer should affect everyone...

Let's stop generalizing, not ALL Chinese are like that... Not all Americans are "Good" either. Stories of shootings, robberies, executions, etc. everyday on the news in the good old USA. Not bashing us at all, simply making a point that selfishness an inhumanity exists everywhere, no matter the country, race, religion, etc.
      10-22-2011, 05:07 AM   #75
Minefield
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightkhan View Post
so again, how does me saying a lot of the smaller disconnected towns and societies in china still display uncivilized behavior imply that all of non-western nations are inferior to that of western nations?
So what does uncivilized mean to you? What standard are you using to measure that? Is that even measurable?

You're talking as if "modernity" has a progressing timetable, as if China will eventually catch up to the hegemonic standard (set by who?) and they're in some sort of uncivilized state now.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2011, 06:25 AM   #76
achien
AC
Canada
Rep

where is your supporting evidence? which source(s) did you get this information from?

anyone with a keyboard can blur out random numbers...

Here is another source, other than CBS:

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90...2/7012887.html

"China has maintained a high male-to-female ratio at birth since the 1980s, and stood at 116.9 in 2000 and 119 in 2005. The sex ratio even reached the 130 mark in some provinces in 2005, seriously deviating from the normal level of 103 to 107."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simsims View Post
I'm sure CBS news knows what china is ALL about
116.86:100 is the current female birth to male birth ratio in china, MR. KNOWN it all.

Last edited by achien; 10-22-2011 at 06:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2011, 10:55 AM   #77
nightkhan
Private Woodman
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So what does uncivilized mean to you? What standard are you using to measure that? Is that even measurable?

You're talking as if "modernity" has a progressing timetable, as if China will eventually catch up to the hegemonic standard (set by who?) and they're in some sort of uncivilized state now.
sigh, this is becoming too off-topic and this "debate" could warrant its own thread at this point.

let's just leave our opinions where it is. i never pitted asia vs. western. all i stated was some of these people still have a lot progress in terms of character and behavior. yes i believe parts of china, as well as the rest of the world are still progressing as societies. i don't think western > non-western of christian > others as you took it. if you disagree, that's fine. that's your opinion.

if you don't think some of these behaviors from the people who ignored the little girl show uncivilized moral and ethical standards/behaviors, and that there is no "modernizing" timetable and they're already fully civilized/modernized, fine. that's your opinion. let's just leave it at that. we could seriously go on forever.

topic was about the little girl and tragedy. RIP yueyue, what happened was wrong and shouldn't have happened if certain people actually cared like they should have.
Current: E92 328i, Sports Package, 335i wheels, Power Seats, BMW Assist/Bluetooth, IPod/USB, heated seats, //M Short Shifter
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2011, 11:51 AM   #78
SpmnE9zero
DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB 33ZERO

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Beatr View Post
That video makes me sad to be part of the human race! No one should have the ability/willingness to see a helpless child suffering like that without doing something to help.

I have a two month old boy who just got shots yesterday and it broke my heart to see him in that 30 seconds of pain. I am in no way an emotional person but witnessing a child suffer should affect everyone...

Let's stop generalizing, not ALL Chinese are like that... Not all Americans are "Good" either. Stories of shootings, robberies, executions, etc. everyday on the news in the good old USA. Not bashing us at all, simply making a point that selfishness an inhumanity exists everywhere, no matter the country, race, religion, etc.
On Par!
      10-22-2011, 12:52 PM   #79
nightkhan
Private Woodman
United_States
Rep

Quote:

i may regret this later since this will open up another huge can of worms but this will be my last post for this as i think i've said enough, but so far from reading through this thread, you've done absolutely nothing except argue and refute what other people say without setting any of your opinions or any substantial statements. you haven't commented on the actual tragedy once, your prior comment in this entire situation was responding "you've got really good sources" (sarcastically), and all you've done in my opinion is try to defend the chinese image. i have nothing against that, but you keep taking things, my comments, and spinning it a certain way and trying to deny it or whatevers without actually stating anything.

example 1: my comment about certain groups of people in china being uncivilized. you took that and spun it into as me saying all of non-western nations are inferior to western nations, and all non-christain religions < christian religions. do you deny doing that? i don't see how anything i said remotely implies that. and then that's all you say. you don't give anything else back. so fine....

example 2: i clarify what i said, even though i feel i really didn't need to, that china does not represent all of non-western nations. i'm asian, but i still think there are groups of people not only in china but all over the world who are not morally ethical. japan is an example of a non-western country i used to exemplify how developed they are, and in some ways have progressed more than many western nations. again i have not once implied that non-western < western. your argument now becomes, well how do you define civilized? is there a social ladder in terms of progress??

i mean come on, do you think the behavior these people displayed to the helpless girl is "civilized"?? don't you think all people in this world should strive to be better as humans? yes, everything is relative, and just because certain countries have displayed progress in how we take care of people (the civil rights movement in the US for example) doesn't mean they are in the peak of enlightenment. there probably will never be, as all of us should always strive to be better. the majority of the US still looks down of homosexuals. but from what you last said, do you think the behavior of these people are on par with how we should be? yes i think modernization should have a progressing timetable. otherwise we'll always be stuck in the dark ages. are you saying those people in china have no catching up to do whatsoever, that they're fine being the way they are just ignoring an injured girl on the street? if you think that then i'm sorry you've got problems. what, am i'm "implying" something now from what you've said that you never stated?? well that's how you spun my earlier statements.

what does uncivilized mean to me? running over a girl with your car, walking by her on the street without any care, that's uncivilized. do you disagree?

so while all you've done is argue what i've said without actually arguing and giving your thoughts and opnions, i present this opportunity for you to do so. you've contributed nothing to this thread except what seems like trying to defend anything bad or negative that's said about these people, or china, even though what i've stated has nothing really do to with all of china, but parts of the country where people need to display progress in terms of ethical character.

so please, give us your opinion and what you think and actual arguments, instead of just flatly questioning peoples opinions. what are your thoughts on the tragedy, and the behavior of these people who did nothing to help her?

that's it from me, i've gone on further than i really wanted to.

Last edited by nightkhan; 10-22-2011 at 01:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 01:55 PM   #80
burgemaster
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 320i M Sport

I feel sick, this is absolutely disgusting, they are lacking the part, that in my eyes make them human. They need to be destroyed before they have children that also think in the same way..

If anyone has children do not watch this i feel sick to my stomach.
Appreciate 0