E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > #ProjectPurple

09-10-2013, 09:44 AM   #45
kalib0y
Captain
Rep
Drives: 95 LS1 M3

interested to see how it turns out
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 01:19 PM   #46
CustomColours
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i SE

You clean binyl with soap and water just like you usually would. It wont chip or fade if its good guality anf installed right, at least no more than a painted car would anyway.

Every now and again on matt colours people twnd to baby oil them to bting the colour up if attending shows etc. Never been a believer but it seems to be a done thing. Lol
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 01:57 PM   #47
Geesh_46
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330D

Ron PM me for info,

And yeah as custom colours has said you just clean with normal soap and water, I add a little bit of johnsons baby shampoo to the mixture as it is PH free and has a slight oil to it which acts as a wax, an currently in talks with autobrite as they are doing cleaning products for matte cars and I am going to start testing some.

I protect from the front from stone chips by double wrapping the bonnet and front bumper but this is extra cost but worth it in my opinion, have seen people plasti kote their cars and that will only last about 12 months. Also the 3M material is guaranteed on keeping its colour for 5 years!

I do think that it looks a lot better in the flesh though, I had about 10 different shades of purple that I could if chosen from.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 02:45 PM   #48
CJPJ
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geesh_46 View Post
there is a matte purple M3 if you search matte purple BMW on google (this was also why I chose the colour).

2 out of 3 ain't bad . . .

I like it. I'm not sure I would have the balls to wrap my car in any colour. With the right alloys and trims it good be pretty cool and different.
Appreciate 0