E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > E90 All Fluids Maintenance schedule.

06-24-2016, 02:23 PM   #1
bluecrims
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

E90 All Fluids Maintenance schedule.

Can someone help me we this. I am currently due with all these.

2006 BMW 325i

1) Flush Coolant
2) Brake Fluid
3) Power Steering Fluid
4) Automatic transmission Fluid
5) Differential Fluid

Questions:

1) Are all these fluids different?
2) Is there any fluid that is lifetime, which i don't have to change?
3) What will be the reasonable price for each from a dealer?
4) if possible, what is the importance of each fluid. Like why we need it (or) what happens if we don't change each fluid.

Thanks a lot.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2016, 02:27 PM   #2
mojobmw_e90
Major
Rep
Drives: 2014 E63S

They all can be lifetime fluids is one choices to.is it recommended... Defently not. Replacing them will result in longer lasting transmission, rear diff, brakes operating better and not seizing as easily, thermostat working more effectively, better heat during colder months..
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2016, 02:30 PM   #3
Abax335
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi 6spd

coolant is every 2yr 30k
brake is 2 yr
power steering you can let go longer
trans is lifetime but lifetime is 100k
diff fluid on an e90 id say is 100k as well

yes all of the fluisd are drastically different
each flush should be about 200-225 at a dealer

-coolant with break down/evaporate and lose its boiling point/cooling properties
-brake fluid is hydroscopic meaning it will adsorb water eventually causing lower boiling points and brake lines to deteriorate from the inside
-power steering fluid gets contaminated which you don't want in the system and might be more but i do not know what
-trans fluid you have clutches braking down and metal shavings that wear off trans components causing contamination as well. all the lubricating and detergents break down over time through the multiple heat cycles
-diff flush is similar to trans as it breaks down losing lubrication characteristics and also gets contaminated with worn metal shavings

if you are in ridgewood maybe we can work something out. I do side work
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 07:33 AM   #4
termigni
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: S2000, MacanS, M4CS

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abax335 View Post
coolant is every 2yr 30k
brake is 2 yr

-coolant with break down/evaporate and lose its boiling point/cooling properties
-brake fluid is hydroscopic meaning it will adsorb water eventually causing lower boiling points and brake lines to deteriorate from the inside
-power steering fluid gets contaminated which you don't want in the system and might be more but i do not know what
-trans fluid you have clutches braking down and metal shavings that wear off trans components causing contamination as well. all the lubricating and detergents break down over time through the multiple heat cycles
-diff flush is similar to trans as it breaks down losing lubrication characteristics and also gets contaminated with worn metal shavings

Ridgewood NJ? I need a brake, trans and diff fluids done. how much do you charge?

2018 ///M2 LCI, Metallic Orange, 6MT, Exec Pkg, Apple.. Sold

Instagram: Tommys911
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 08:13 AM   #5
E90NJ
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i 6MT THP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abax335 View Post
coolant is every 2yr 30k
brake is 2 yr

sorry to jump into this convo, but I also need brake, diff, and trans. I'm at 90k and might as well get it done sooner than later. If you do side work I'd rather pay you than a stealership

@estorildan
Appreciate 0