E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > My E92 M3 Moonstone Silver progress thread

06-19-2017, 06:52 AM   #1
_Ascension_
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i - Sophisto Grey

My E92 M3 Moonstone Silver progress thread

Thought rather than starting a new thread every time something changed on my car, it was better than a start myself a little progress thread, now that a few things have changed on the car since I got it.

Bought the car in December last year, with the following spec highlights:

Individual Moonstone Silver
DCT
Comp Pack
Individual Audio
Comfort Access
Extended black leather

It really was a huge spec list all in and was partly what sold me the car!

First change I made (after about a week!), was to switch out the chrome grills for some gloss black BMW Performance ones. Took me a good few years to do this on my previous blue E93, but just seemed to look right straight away on a silver car!

Next was taking the car to Bellissimoto in Bermondsey to get the car detailed, paint corrected and then a full G-Techniq treatment- Crystal Serum with EXO v3 to the paint and then their wheel and interior treatments as well. Got to say that Andrew there did a fantastic job, his enthusiasm for detailing was immediately apparent from the first moment I took my car down for a chat about what the best options for it were.

A few months later, I decided to get myself a private plate… this was never in the initial plan, but since someone had pointed out that my number plate, HN13, looked like a strain of bird flu, I couldn’t un-see that and it had to go With a new number purchased, I got some gel plates made up for them.

This was how the car has stayed until the weekend just gone. I’d had the car booked in with Simon at KYCS in Birmingham for a while, a combination of a long waiting list and me having to cancel my initial appointment meant that I’ve been waiting a while to get up there… however, it was absolutely worth the wait. Car was booked in for some full LED angel eye rings- I had already changed the blubs previously from the yellow to white ones, but could never get on with how it just lit the inner bulb and then whatever light was left spilled into the outer bulbs.

Simon and the guys there really did an absolutely fantastic job and I couldn't be happier with the results. I wanted to keep it looking as OEM as possible, so apart from the new halos and removing the indicator casing, everything was left as it was- no painting of the cluster. It’s really hard to capture how good, and bright, they look in photos- the slightly greenish tint on the inside of inner light is just reflections on the bulb being picked up by the camera.

So that’s the car as it stands now… I did tell myself I wouldn’t be modding the car at all, but am very happy with it as it is now, remains to be seen how long that lasts

Appreciate 2
      06-19-2017, 11:27 AM   #2
The0pportunist
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Love this car, good shout on getting the rings done. I can't stand the inner ones being dim too!

How's reliability been over the months?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2017, 12:46 PM   #3
_Ascension_
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The0pportunist View Post
Love this car, good shout on getting the rings done. I can't stand the inner ones being dim too!

How's reliability been over the months?
Thanks the rings not being the same brightness really bugged me as well!

Reliability in the 7 or so months I've had it has been perfect, no issues at all. Hasn't lost any of its initial buzz either, still a blast every single time I drive it
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2017, 01:50 AM   #4
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Excellent progress so far Mike.

The rings look superb and have to say I like the OE look. Perhaps wish I'd done the same now LOL. They look even better in person. Oh forgot to mention I met you at Simon's on Saturday
      06-20-2017, 02:05 AM   #5
CitizenKane
Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 2018 F82 M4

Absolutely stunning car!

Also I had a good lol at the bird flu story!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2017, 06:31 AM   #6
_Ascension_
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajB View Post
Excellent progress so far Mike.

The rings look superb and have to say I like the OE look. Perhaps wish I'd done the same now LOL. They look even better in person. Oh forgot to mention I met you at Simon's on Saturday
Ahh, nice one Raj... they really do look better in person, I have tried multiple times since I've got back to take a really good photo of them, but failed so far!

I didn't realise I'd met you, apologies! There were a lot of people in and out that day whilst I was there and I'm bad with names at the best of times, haha. You didn't have your car there did you? I didn't see it, if you did...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenKane View Post
Absolutely stunning car!

Also I had a good lol at the bird flu story!
Thanks mate. Glad to hear that made someone else laugh
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2017, 04:03 PM   #7
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ascension_ View Post
Ahh, nice one Raj... they really do look better in person, I have tried multiple times since I've got back to take a really good photo of them, but failed so far!

I didn't realise I'd met you, apologies! There were a lot of people in and out that day whilst I was there and I'm bad with names at the best of times, haha. You didn't have your car there did you? I didn't see it, if you did...
I was the bald headed guy when you came to collect your car (but didn't get a chance to properly introduce myself). Unfortunately my motor wasn't there as I turned up to pick up my bro in laws E46. Shame as would have been good to get some pics of them together.
      06-21-2017, 08:33 AM   #8
_Ascension_
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajB View Post
I was the bald headed guy when you came to collect your car (but didn't get a chance to properly introduce myself). Unfortunately my motor wasn't there as I turned up to pick up my bro in laws E46. Shame as would have been good to get some pics of them together.
Oh yes... problem with a sensor that wasn't behaving itself or something on the E46 wasn't it? Did it get sorted?

Is a shame you didn't have yours, could have made for some cool pics
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2017, 10:43 AM   #9
ben-e92
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 325i

Love the OEM looking lights
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2017, 11:03 AM   #10
_Ascension_
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben-e92 View Post
Love the OEM looking lights
Thanks, me too, so happy with the results
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2023, 06:32 AM   #11
MattJenkins
Registered
Rep
Drives: Renault Clio 172 Cup

MoonStone E92 Comp

I don't suppose anyone knows the current owner for this car? Bit late to the thread...
Appreciate 0