E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > E93 Inner boot/tail lights LED fix

02-18-2023, 07:58 AM   #1
kobiashi
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92 325i

E93 Inner boot/tail lights LED fix

hey all

first post here so please be gentle with me!!

i have had a quick look through the forum but was unable to find an answer, and im sure its in here as it seems to be a common problem.

My LEDs on my inner boot lights have stopped working, i was going to just buy some more, but there like £200 each side,

before i bite the bullet and buy some does anyone know if there is a LED replacement kit, i've seen on youtube people fixing them by replacing the LEDS.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2023, 08:50 AM   #2
MaxG
Registered
Rep
Drives: e93-320D-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobiashi View Post
hey all

first post here so please be gentle with me!!

i have had a quick look through the forum but was unable to find an answer, and im sure its in here as it seems to be a common problem.

My LEDs on my inner boot lights have stopped working, i was going to just buy some more, but there like £200 each side,

before i bite the bullet and buy some does anyone know if there is a LED replacement kit, i've seen on youtube people fixing them by replacing the LEDS.

Did you find a solution, I have the same issue checked fuses and could check the whole lume but checked the light on a different and it;s not the light.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2024, 01:06 PM   #3
TripleBlack
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW E93 335i

I'm not going to be much help here but I will give it a go.

I used to frequent this forum a lot so I retained a lot of useful insights that were not directly about the posts I read them from but made sense for other reasons.
If I remember correctly, the issue for this is very likely going to be in the wiring loom. Specifically the one that does the most moving when you open and close the boot lid.

I've only had convertibles so they only come with one wiring loom on one side of the lid, I wont know about the coupes, but its probably worth getting in there and looking to see if anything is damaged.

In the case of my M4 convertible, there is a micro switch in the boot lid. The wire for that tore near the switch due to constant moving back and forth and it stopped my boot from soft locking...(where the car automatically pulls the lid in further to lock it in place).

I noticed that the interior boot light had stopped working but I didn't know they were connected until I fixed the wiring and the light immediately turned on.

So again, its either the wiring loom that is wrapped up in rubber between the lid and the car or closer to your boot locking system near the micro switch.
This might guide you.
https://e89.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1492645
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2024, 01:19 PM   #4
TripleBlack
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW E93 335i

Another link for guidance.
I havent watched it, just skipped along and it pretty much shows what you need to look for.
Appreciate 0