E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > BMW vs Audi essay

01-15-2021, 09:05 AM   #89
longm1985
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 328Xi

Wow, a 10 year old thread. Jeebus.

I think I wrote every single paper due in college the day before. I'd do the research for probably a couple weeks, but couldn't get started on it until the day before it was due

I graduated with honors, for the record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90yyc View Post
I hate when my d*ck flies out of my pants under hard braking, so I think the seats are great.
Appreciate 1
      12-30-2022, 02:08 PM   #90
Bmw1939
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 2011 328i, 2008 BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by longm1985 View Post
Wow, a 10 year old thread. Jeebus.

I think I wrote every single paper due in college the day before. I'd do the research for probably a couple weeks, but couldn't get started on it until the day before it was due

I graduated with honors, for the record.
I did the same thing. Lots of all nighters. I would just check out 20 books for the sources then crank it out the night before. Same with cramming for exams. Lots of all nighters. I was a history major.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2022, 04:11 PM   #91
oVeRdOsE.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F25 E91 Audi Avnt E90 Cayenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw1939 View Post
I did the same thing. Lots of all nighters. I would just check out 20 books for the sources then crank it out the night before. Same with cramming for exams. Lots of all nighters. I was a history major.
spam bot bump, mod remove the bot, and looks like a member necro it, which was not the case.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2022, 07:18 PM   #92
Bmw1939
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oVeRdOsE. View Post
spam bot bump, mod remove the bot, and looks like a member necro it, which was not the case.
My mistake I guess.

Last edited by Bmw1939; 12-30-2022 at 07:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2023, 08:58 PM   #93
Bmw1939
Lieutenant
Rep

Delete this thread and block these users!!!!!!!
Appreciate 1
      11-27-2023, 04:30 PM   #94
lordnikon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Break My Wallet

Garage List
Ask ChatGPT
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2023, 02:50 AM   #95
Bims328i
DIYer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i E90 SULEV

Audi is like BMW but BMW, specifically E9X draws a line in practicality and luxury. The executive class. I think in many cases Audi is like full-fledged "Whatever the engineers would like to try, so be it" where BMW in some regards is similar but in terms of E9X generation "Engineers, how can we balance luxury and drivability in a classy package?"

Many of the Audi engines I have seen just scream a design that engineers could play with, which makes sense. You have a high dollar brand where engineers can play around and make really complicated things which are really of cool at launch but when it comes time for repairs down the road, everyone will be crying about the price and process to do it.

The same can be said for some BMW models though mainly the M cars. I would just say imo Audi is a more extreme example of a design to what engineers want to do.

Having owned some domestic cars along with my E90 and doing some bodywork for a number of years I can say the E90 platform is a mechanics car.

Some things are designed in a weird way but in the most part I enjoy working on this vehicle. A lot of the times when I am working on it, I can see the modularity of its design and I can appreciate that.

I can and have touched nearly every panel of this car and so much of it makes sense. The only thing that doesn't is how some of it was put back together by someone (had some kind of unreported collision).

You can fix nearly everything on the platform by yourself and the sheer amount of resource for these vehicles adds to the ability to prolong their lifespan.

Through my own experience there is actually quite little aftermarket you can purchase for these cars which will actually be better than the original factory equipment that you find on it. I think the only real aftermarket things I have on my car that I approve of are the aluminum coolant "mickey mouse" flange and a magnetic diff plug.

Side markers for example. OEM ones lasted about 10 years while a replacement set from carparts purchased and installed back in May 2023 have already seen the silicone bead begin to crack and fail while I keep my car mostly in shade. The passenger side is leaking as well. There is lifetime replacement but what, are you supposed to replace every 6 months lol?

I even had an aftermarket Rein upper radiator expansion hose become sort of loose on the expansion tank fitting. I actually had to put some plumbers tape on the fitting to make the crappy rein hose fit on the new tank better. Wish I would have just gotten genuine hose.
Appreciate 0