E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Prob Lowering my 07 e90 --Please Help!!

02-07-2012, 04:48 PM   #1
335iVA
Chyeah
Rep
Drives: 07 335i 6MT

Prob Lowering my 07 e90 --Please Help!!

I have the H&R Touring Cup Kit ready to be put on my 2007 e90 (non-sport pkg).

When I went to install the front springs, I had a horrible time trying to loosen the torque bolt under the front driver's side lower control arm. I nearly stripped the bolt and snapped 2 torques-bit heads in the process. I got the nut 75% off of the bolt, but it would not budge any further. It had some kind of sealant protector on the threads. I can't think of how to do the Spring / Shock swap without detaching the lower control arm, as it seems this will get in the way and prevent full extension of the shock/spring set when I pull it out from under the fender. Has anyone else experienced similar issues with this? My friend and I ended up tightening it back on because I did not want to strip it all the way and have nothing to replace it with.

I have reviewed the DYIs for the H&R springs, but did not see anyone having similar issues.

If anyone has had experience with this DIY and can provide any advice, please help. I want to get the car lowered asap. Thanks.
Appreciate 0