E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Did I fry my ECU?

12-17-2017, 09:16 PM   #1
Gustee
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi e90

Red face Did I fry my ECU?

Today I did a radiator flush and had a small charger on during the bleeding/air lock waterpump procedure to finish up. After, decided to remove the Procede - expecting to sell this car soon. Disconnected the battery at the trunk, spaced and left the charger hooked up, and started de-accessing the connectors to the ECU. Heard some electric humming and saw headlights flicker and finally remembered, then disconnected, the charger. After all buttoned up car ran normal for ~20 sec then died. Now starter turns ++ but no ignition. BavTech says "cannot reach" engine ECU and the "ECU reset" command fails.

If someone knows that the ECU is probably gone, please let me know, but I'd be glad to hear otherwise. And for a wrecked ECU, what's the least expensive fix? I'd rather just trade out the ECU in my driveway than tow to a shop, etc.

Thanks for any comments,
Gus

2009 e90 space grey 335i, MT w/ PP, CW, CA, Sport. Stock except for DCI, DD. It really needs a Wavetrac!
Parted out 335xi Pre-LCI, still have parts for sale...
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2017, 02:52 PM   #2
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy!

Did you check the big red fuse in the ECU compartment?
Appreciate 0