E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > THE MOST RECKLESS BMW DEALERSHIP IN THE USA... and their lawyers..

01-19-2012, 11:57 AM   #353
cjg
Boosted
Rep
Drives: 95 M3, 11 Z4 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdyaman View Post
I think that is what he is still trying to determine and not getting an answer.

Or maybe i missed something?
Please read carefully as reading comprehension seems to be lacking here.

This is a quote from arguru:

Quote:
Originally Posted by arguru
Hey Leaker,

The car is in my garage. I've been using it as now that it's been PROPERLY diagnosed and fixed by a competitor BMW dealership
The car has been fixed. But arguru will not post the results. I can only conclude that the results would show that there was nothing wrong with the steering.
      01-19-2012, 11:59 AM   #354
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg View Post

The car has been fixed. But arguru will not post the results. I can only conclude that the results would show that there was nothing wrong with the steering.
Ok I got the fixed part, but missed that diagnosed part.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 12:09 PM   #355
Sam335ix
Major
Rep
Drives: 335 ix performance edition

Quote:

Non of the reports showed anything wrong with steering, if you read the posts you ll see that it happened after he got warning lights diagnosed and cleared through the BMW dealer and while driving on the freeway, the steering lost control and he could not steer the car and crashed his car damaging his rims etc... The dealer blew him off and stated that he is full of crap and there is no way the car could lose steering... So far I think I am on track and that is reading his post 1 time a month ago. He then proceeded with fixing his RIMS and the other damages to his car but I dont believe the loss of control in the steering column was ever found.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 12:11 PM   #356
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
/\

CJG was talking to recent activity. After the Penske fiasco, his car was fixed at another place. The e90post audience wants to know what the issue was after he took it to another BMW dealer that is a competitor with Penske and in argurus terms, properly diagnosed it.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 12:18 PM   #357
Sam335ix
Major
Rep
Drives: 335 ix performance edition

I am sure that if the problem was property diagnosed and fixed we would have seen it by now. I think op meant that his rims were fixed, I guess we ll see what arguru will say.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 12:33 PM   #358
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam335ix View Post
I am sure that if the problem was property diagnosed and fixed we would have seen it by now. I think op meant that his rims were fixed, I guess we ll see what arguru will say.
he just posted this yesterday:
Quote:
Hey Leaker,

The car is in my garage. I've been using it as now that it's been PROPERLY diagnosed and fixed by a competitor BMW dealership.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 12:39 PM   #359
Bavarian13
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335, E36 M3

I'd love to know the dealers that cut corners to save money. I mean come on, if BMW covers the bill and they don't replace/fix/diagnose something they say they do it's great for their bottom line!

Arguru- I give you some credit. You held your own. I'm rather young and I already feel mistreated at my dealership strictly because of my age. It is very frustrating.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 12:41 PM   #360
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by arguru View Post
Exactly.

I'm still trying to get a REAL answer as to what went wrong. All I know is that they claimed to have fixed the steering column and that was enough for them to feel like they could give the car back to me without the car having another massive malfunction.
and there you have it folks
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 01:13 PM   #361
arguru
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TherealdealBMW View Post
The car is fixed. You paid a deductible under CPO. You got a receipt. You said all you wanted was an explanation of what was broke right ? That should spell it out. Post that receipt. Either I missed the armchair diag and owe you a set of wheels, or you are humming this whole board. Post the receipt, the emails from BMW or admit your little extortion scheme snowballed on you. I'm in AZ, working at an indy. I'll meet you at the shop of your choice and pay cash for your wheels if I'm wrong. My money is where my mouth is. Is yours?
First off stop lying. You don't work for an indy. Your choice of words and demeanor tells me that beyond any reasonable doubt, you have had some involvement in this so don't play stupid. You have motive, stop trying to hide it.

Id be glad to meet you anytime. I'm in the North Scottsdale area and will meet you at any shop in this area. You can look at my car however you want.

More than anything I'd like to meet with you face to face. You're a lying coward. Let's see you talk that shit when you're not hiding behind a computer.

I'm sure you've got all my info anyways but just to make sure, I PM'ed it to you. I'll drop whatever I'm doing and meet you anytime bitch.

As for your money comment? Don't throw that in my face. I'd be hustling backwards wasting my time with this if it were made up.

Fuck your money (you probably don't have any anyways), I've got my name, info, and credibility up for grabs. It's in your inbox. Where's yours at?

Last edited by arguru; 04-12-2012 at 10:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 01:20 PM   #362
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
/\

it would be interesting to post the receipt/service invoice you should have received from the other BMW dealer that fixed your car (unless you can't for privacy reasons)

I personally don't doubt you, but posting it would further grant legitimacy and put more favor in your court (in the eyes of e90post forum members...if that means anything...lol), especially if all it said was "replaced steering column" without any further diagnostic or service detail.

I know service invoices can be quite vague in explaining what went wrong. Sometimes, if I have the time, or really interested, I go talk to the tech themselves.

Last edited by MDyDinanM; 01-19-2012 at 01:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 01:57 PM   #363
bimmer_335
Major
Rep
Drives: 540 mSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by arguru View Post
I to this day am not happy with the results of how this was handled but is it a life or death situation at this point? Of course not.

"Competitor" was a bad use of wording on my part as well as it was just another BMW dealership local to me. They knew the car was coming in on a BMWNA issue, NOT regular maintenance. They did the work per BMWNA guidelines. What those guidelines were? I don't think anybody but them will ever know.
did you get new wheels or did they replace them for you?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 01:57 PM   #364
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
/\

I hear you. They can try and file suit against you, but it isn't slander if it's true.

Just as as reference, there was a similar case against a VW dealership. The VW Dealer owner sued for slander. Guess who won? The owner of the VW.

I'll edit this post when i find the thread.

I respect your decision in not posting. But even if you don't, BMW and Penske have access to all service records should they chose to obtain it.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 02:43 PM   #365
TherealdealBMW
Rep
Drives: BMW

I don't now nor have I ever worked for Penske, I have worked for a dealer. I dislike Penske as much as you do, but I love BMW, and it's ultimately BMW you are using as a scapegoat for your F Up. Did they treat you poorly? Probably, you seem like an asshole. I can't comment and don't care about that. Did your steering fail? No. All comments to that nature are patent lies. All I know about this "case" is through your posts, jalopnik, and my own experience. You are taking everyone here for a ride. I am not personally involved at all, but I don't have to meet you or have a personal stake to know you are manipulating the system.
Your last post proved two of my points:
1. Your car is fixed, you feel confident drivin it because you know it was never broke in the manner you allege anyways.
2. Before this is all over, you will be served. Right or wrong, they will outspend you and in this case you don't have shit to stand on.

I didnt tell you to get out because I care about Penske. It was for your own good.

You want to meet me to fight? I'm not interested in that. Post the proof. At this point one of us is wrong.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 02:56 PM   #366
dmist199
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 E46 M3, 16 X5

arguru, i just want to wish you the best of luck on your long battle.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 02:59 PM   #367
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Quote:
I don't now nor have I ever worked for Penske, I have worked for a dealer. I dislike Penske as much as you do, but I love BMW, and it's ultimately BMW you are using as a scapegoat for your F Up. Did they treat you poorly? Probably, you seem like an asshole. I can't comment and don't care about that. Did your steering fail? No. All comments to that nature are patent lies. All I know about this "case" is through your posts, jalopnik, and my own experience. You are taking everyone here for a ride. I am not personally involved at all, but I don't have to meet you or have a personal stake to know you are manipulating the system.
1. Your car is fixed, you feel confident drivin it because you know it was never broke in the manner you allege anyways.
2. Before this is all over, you will be served. Right or wrong, they will outspend you and in this case you don't have shit to stand on.

I didnt tell you to get out because I care about Penske. It was for your own good.

You want to meet me to fight? I'm not interested in that. Post the proof. At this point one of us is wrong.
1) He took it to another dealer and they (edit) fixed the steering column. Obviously something was wrong with it. That is about all he knows without any further clarification of diagnosis of the matter from the dealer or BMW NA, or Penske. See post #444 & 447

2) When did he ever say he wanted to meet you and fight? You are making assumptions. He clearly stated he would meet you to discuss the issue and not as a means for violence. See the bottom of post #448

Last edited by MDyDinanM; 01-19-2012 at 03:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 02:59 PM   #368
dmatre
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i Sedan

Quote:

In Post 423 you told Arguru that you'd meet him. Quote: "I'll meet you at the shop of your choice and pay cash for your wheels if I'm wrong."

Now you say you're not interested in meeting with him. What gives?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 03:01 PM   #369
matrix76
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i Black/Red

Quote:

Who or what the hell are you. You have 4 posts and your running all over this thread, it can only mean your a plant for BMW or Penske. NO one jumps into a thread like you have acting like a big mouth asshole for no reason. You are obviously serving no good purpose for either side so, just FU, a__hole and go back to your indy shop where you belong

Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 03:09 PM   #370
cjg
Boosted
Rep
Drives: 95 M3, 11 Z4 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdyaman View Post
1) He took it to another dealer and they replaced the steering column. Obviously something was wrong with it. That is about all he knows without any further clarification of diagnosis of the matter from the dealer or BMW NA, or Penske. See post #444 & 447

2) When did he ever say he wanted to meet you and fight? You are making assumptions. He clearly stated he would meet you to discuss the issue and not as a means for violence. See the bottom of post #448
That reading comprehension again. Where did arguru say that they replaced the steering column? He said they fixed it, which could mean any number of things, but did not say it was replaced. Now everyone here is going to think the entire column was replaced, which it was not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arguru
I'm still trying to get a REAL answer as to what went wrong. All I know is that they claimed to have fixed the steering column and that was enough for them to feel like they could give the car back to me without the car having another massive malfunction.
      01-19-2012, 03:15 PM   #371
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Arguru

so anyways, back to my other post

You can't be libel, sued for slander if it is true so long as the courts determine whether a reasonable reader or listener could understand the statement as asserting a statement of verifiable fact. (i think - i'm not a lawyer so don't quote me on that)

Here are some case examples of VERY similar situations you are going through.

One is the VW dealer I mentioned. Cliffs is that a VW customer was injusticed by the dealer, posting complaints on a VW car forum, went viral, and the dealer threatened to sue for slander, etc. It went to court, and the VW owner won.

link:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?52126

Another case is the story of a M5 owner which his car was totaled by a joy ride when he took his car to a dealer for an oil change. The dealer lied about it, tried to cover it up, etc. He posted it on the internet, and it too went viral. The dealer threatened him with slander, etc. The dealer even assumed an alias and posted on the M5board forum like what is assumed to being done here. He took it to court and won.

link
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60...16-months.html

In BOTH cases, the Dealer/Automotive Group threatened and bullied the owner with a lawsuit, threatened for slander, etc. But in the end, it was proved IN COURT that the dealers were in the wrong and the owner (aka the little guy) won.

Goes to show what happens when you really upset people, that we, the little people can have some teeth.

I understand and respect your decision to gather and not disclose any evidence you have. If you haven't done so already, keep track of, and log every conversation, time, phone call, internet posting (including BMW NA posting on here and Richards), and all documentation/service receipts you have.

Just keep in mind though, should this go to court, I think you will have to disclose all findings to the other party during the discovery process.

As an anecdote, the M5 story went so viral that when you do a search of Autobahn BMW you see the link of the case of what happened here:
Attached Images

Last edited by MDyDinanM; 01-19-2012 at 03:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 03:18 PM   #372
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Quote:
That reading comprehension again. Where did arguru say that they replaced the steering column? He said they fixed it, which could mean any number of things, but did not say it was replaced. Now everyone here is going to think the entire column was replaced, which it was not.
ok Mr reading comprehension man, i see your point (and i fixed the post), but that post still indicates that there was an issue

And secondly, you point out my reading comprehension issue, yet when you fired back saying that when they diagnosed it, you ASSUMED arguru knew what the diagnosis was. But that he didn't since it was vague and all he got was steering column issue. See post #444

so don't be so quick to judge.

Last edited by MDyDinanM; 01-19-2012 at 04:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 04:56 PM   #373
nafoo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Boosted Bimmer

Quote:

Richard,

How can you prove your statement "Did your steering fail? No. All comments to that nature are patent lies?"

You must have some additional knowledge that we would all love to see/read. Please stop hiding the ball and give everyone here solid proof.

Please and thank you.

P.S. I can tell you are/think like a lawyer because you misconstrued arguru's post to be a threat or invitation to fight, when it clearly wasn't. Lawyers are always misconstruing statements to put words in someone's mouth that were never said or meant.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 05:36 PM   #374
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
/\

rock on brother

Appreciate 0