E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > "Alabama BMW Group" Facebook

02-19-2015, 11:22 AM   #1
RedLeather
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M-Sport 6MT 335i

"Alabama BMW Group" Facebook

The "Alabama BMW Group" Facebook is now up, as I said I would do back in January. Created in hopes of connecting with fellow, local, BMW
enthusiasts, through a quick and simple format.

Do a Facebook search for "Alabama BMW Group" and look for the logo posted above.

I was surprised that after I bought this car this past summer, there were no local groups for BMW's. I'm friends with people in "Bama GZ-R", which is a group for Nissan/Infiniti Z,G, and GT-R enthusiasts, along with my previous creation of "IS's of Alabama", for Lexus IS enthusiasts. Being familiar with these groups was the inspiration behind creating a way to connect for BMW owners and enthusiasts in Alabama.

I see plenty of tastefully modded BMW's in the Birmingham and Tuscaloosa areas, so I'm sure those guys are members of this forum. I look forward to meeting all of you and sharing our common interests in BMW!

-Grayson

Last edited by RedLeather; 08-16-2015 at 11:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2015, 11:49 AM   #2
CoffeeBean
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 640i M-Sport GC

Just "liked" it and posted. Is there a way to make an actual group where you can be a member, instead of just a page? I've never tried to do either.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2015, 01:37 PM   #3
RedLeather
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross328i View Post
Just "liked" it and posted. Is there a way to make an actual group where you can be a member, instead of just a page? I've never tried to do either.
Sweet! I saw while ago when I logged on. And yes, I did in fact make a group as well. Did it not come up when you searched? I'll add you to the group.

Unfortunately, for some reason, it doesn't seem to be getting much feedback through the forum here. I'm making up fliers to give out to other BMW owners I see that look as though they would be enthusiasts. Sounds nuts I know, but it worked for the Lexus IS group.

(I'm actually sitting at Tom Williams as we speak waiting on mine to get aligned) I installed Pilot Super Sports this weekend, and my word do I love those tires.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2015, 03:34 PM   #4
CoffeeBean
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 640i M-Sport GC

Ok it's coming up as a group now. Not a bad idea with the fliers. And yes always make sure you got a good alignment with staggered wheels, or in my case that and directional tires.. no tire rotations going on here.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2015, 06:47 PM   #5
KhelMP2013
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Joined. Just got a flat on my car yesterday though, so I'm using this situation to go ahead and get all new tires for the car is it needs them.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2015, 03:33 PM   #6
RedLeather
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross328i View Post
Ok it's coming up as a group now. Not a bad idea with the fliers. And yes always make sure you got a good alignment with staggered wheels, or in my case that and directional tires.. no tire rotations going on here.
Yeah, hopefully the fliers can really get things going. It's always cool to have contact with fellow enthusiasts in the area. But I agree totally. Not being able to rotate really does take a hit on the tread life (especially for my rears after going Cobb Tuned haha). But I was surprised to see when I had my PSS's mounted Saturday, that they are not directional. They do have an asymmetrical tread face though, so as long as the "outside" is facing out, all is well. Swapping side to side still really does no good for rotation purposes though, but I'm not complaining because I am loving this tire so far!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2015, 03:37 PM   #7
RedLeather
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher982 View Post
Joined. Just got a flat on my car yesterday though, so I'm using this situation to go ahead and get all new tires for the car is it needs them.
Awesome! Are you David by chance? What wheels do you have on your car and what tire are you looking to put back on them?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2015, 11:24 PM   #8
RedLeather
Private First Class
Rep

Updated name bump.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 10:26 AM   #9
RedLeather
Private First Class
Rep