E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Retrofit or harness swap for comfort access

12-26-2020, 10:59 PM   #1
EfiniMotorsport
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335xi, Yukon Denali, 16 CRZ

Retrofit or harness swap for comfort access

I just picked up a clean e92 shell to install all my prepped parts on (resealed and painted engine, new turbos, air bag suspension, etc, etc, etc.) The car is an 09 and has everything I want except comfort access (heated steering wheel, CIC nav) and a black interior. I have a comfort access chassis harness, antennas, keys, handles, etc from the first shell I stripped and I'm wondering if it's easier to swap the entire chassis harness and code the CAS module or just swap the needed wiring over and code accordingly? The cars have all the same options except the comfort access harness had a ccc system. I'm putting all the best parts on this car and putting everything else in the 08 (which is #3) shell. I still have the original harness from the 08 and the interior is already stripped. I'll be swapping the beige interior in the 09 for black and once that's all out it's only about another 2 hours to pull the entire chassis harness and another 3 or so to put the new one in. It's also a great time to thoroughly clean the car.
Appreciate 0